Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funny uni story 02:23 - Sep 24 with 2511 viewstractordownsouth

This evening we had our first Freshers event, and I wore my Town shirt. It was a DJ thing in the SU and I was with my mates and I heard someone shouting “ Oi, Paul Lambert’s sh*t.” I turned round to see this spotty Norwich fan ( whose parents could quite possibly be related, given his appearance) giving it large.

He then proceeded to try and chat up my house mate. He was being very overbearing and quite strange, wouldn’t really leave our group alone and she was looking a little uncomfortable.

Anyway, she pied him and he stopped giving it large. It made my night.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Funny uni story on 03:30 - Sep 24 with 2453 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Love that TDS! Good to hear you’re doing well.

Freshers last year was just one of the best fortnights of my life tbh.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Funny uni story on 06:10 - Sep 24 with 2369 viewsSuperblue95

I assume your housemate was the blokes sister?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Funny uni story on 07:32 - Sep 24 with 2221 viewsMeadowlark

Good to see that pies are making a comeback in SUs !
Funny uni story on 07:46 - Sep 24 with 2186 viewsBluefish

You went out to make an impression in a football kit? Shin pads as well?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Funny uni story on 07:58 - Sep 24 with 2146 viewsbrazil1982

A custard pie?
Funny uni story on 08:06 - Sep 24 with 2126 viewsSwansea_Blue

Funny uni story on 07:46 - Sep 24 by Bluefish

You went out to make an impression in a football kit? Shin pads as well?

Probably had more of a chance than the guy who went in his tiddlywinks uniform.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Funny uni story on 08:09 - Sep 24 with 2112 viewsfooters

Funny uni story on 08:06 - Sep 24 by Swansea_Blue

Probably had more of a chance than the guy who went in his tiddlywinks uniform.

Complete lack of respect.

First place in the regional heats, straight through to the nationals and this is the kind of praise you get. Especially coming off a nasty thumb injury.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Funny uni story on 08:12 - Sep 24 with 2109 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Your post reminds me to say that my biggest regret last year was not joining the football and cricket teams.

Going out on the pull is great fun and everything but I wish I’d been in the sports teams too. The society nights looked really really decent too. The football team in particular knew how to host a Frat night on a Wednesday. The rugby lot seemed weird. So I’ll be signing up for the footy and cricket teams in a few days time - albeit the cricket trial ain’t until after Christmas.

Not sure if that’s any help to you TDS but there you go.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Funny uni story on 09:01 - Sep 24 with 2008 viewsFtnfwest

Dropped Ftnfwest Jnr off at Nottingham on Saturday. Barely heard from him since until he posted a picture of 'baywatch@ocean' on his instagram. I now wish i was there....
Funny uni story on 09:04 - Sep 24 with 2008 viewsBluefish

Funny uni story on 09:01 - Sep 24 by Ftnfwest

Dropped Ftnfwest Jnr off at Nottingham on Saturday. Barely heard from him since until he posted a picture of 'baywatch@ocean' on his instagram. I now wish i was there....

I was in nottingham on Saturday night, it was absolutely rammed. Stay away from the dodgy parts and it is a great city

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Funny uni story on 09:23 - Sep 24 with 1936 viewsSwansea_Blue

Funny uni story on 08:09 - Sep 24 by footers

Complete lack of respect.

First place in the regional heats, straight through to the nationals and this is the kind of praise you get. Especially coming off a nasty thumb injury.

It's not my fault that brown diamond Argyle tank tops don't cut it with the fairer sex. No need to take it out on me.

As a side note, I stayed in a caravan park in Bridlington once at the same time the British tiddlywinks championships were being held there. They actually had crowd trouble and a bit of a fisticuffs . Someone must have winked at someone else's tiddle or something.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 9:25]

Funny uni story on 09:35 - Sep 24 with 1895 viewsITFC_Forever

Funny uni story on 08:12 - Sep 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Your post reminds me to say that my biggest regret last year was not joining the football and cricket teams.

Going out on the pull is great fun and everything but I wish I’d been in the sports teams too. The society nights looked really really decent too. The football team in particular knew how to host a Frat night on a Wednesday. The rugby lot seemed weird. So I’ll be signing up for the footy and cricket teams in a few days time - albeit the cricket trial ain’t until after Christmas.

I played football for the Uni in the second and third year, and Uni football is a very decent standard.

And you're correct in thinking the football team knew how to have a good night out, although some of them were a bit to "epic bants" and didn't know when to stop....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Funny uni story on 09:52 - Sep 24 with 1836 viewsFtnfwest

Funny uni story on 09:04 - Sep 24 by Bluefish

I was in nottingham on Saturday night, it was absolutely rammed. Stay away from the dodgy parts and it is a great city

We were there dropping him off saturday and have been a few times in the past, yes it's a nice place by and large. Full of forest fans at lunchtime in town who then obviously disappeared to go to the game, although actually they all didn't - about quarter to a third of them were still there in the city centre in their shirts at about 3.15 which was a bit odd
Funny uni story on 09:57 - Sep 24 with 1820 viewsGuthrum

Funny uni story on 09:04 - Sep 24 by Bluefish

My sister lives in Nottingham and that last sentence is exactly what she says.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Funny uni story on 12:24 - Sep 24 with 1667 viewsMVBlue

Funny uni story on 09:57 - Sep 24 by Guthrum

My sister lives in Nottingham and that last sentence is exactly what she says.

Hockley is the better part of Nottingham, but maybe expensive for students. Stay away from St Annes and Radford. And Sneinton centre.
Hyson Green and Basford are edgy. Actually rememberinf why I left now.

I did once encounter a Norwich fan during the 1997 derby match screen in RKO/Ropewalk. I was in my Ipswich top and chatting to his mate from Leicester while Marricio Tarricco took Norwich apart. I was smiling amd the Norwich fan was crying, upset at the result. Classic.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Funny uni story on 12:36 - Sep 24 with 1614 viewsSwansea_Blue

Funny uni story on 08:12 - Sep 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Yep, that was one of my few regrets about Uni life too. It's a good time to chuck yourself into everything that's on offer, rather than get distracted solely by the pub
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 12:36]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024