Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Womans football > youth football 21:25 - Sep 23 with 1599 viewstractorgot2019

After watching the u23s tonight it has come to me that the standard of woman’s football is so high compared to the yoof set up for the men’s team. Maybe woman’s ns games should be played at Portman road on a Sunday rather than at Felixstowe. #oneclub #onebadge #oneground #bringthegirlstoportman
Womans football > youth football on 21:26 - Sep 23 with 1570 viewsitfcjoe

It really isn’t

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Womans football > youth football on 21:43 - Sep 23 with 1543 viewsReuser_is_God

Jesus fcuking wept

I think this new love you seem to have for the women’s game is going to your head a bit.

Some of our women’s players, with all due respect, are not even athletes.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 21:45]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Womans football > youth football on 21:47 - Sep 23 with 1513 viewsKieran_Knows

Have a day off.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Womans football > youth football on 21:50 - Sep 23 with 1506 viewssparks

Silly.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Womans football > youth football on 22:02 - Sep 23 with 1475 viewswkj

#It'llBeOk

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Womans football > youth football on 22:11 - Sep 23 with 1463 viewstractorgot2019

Womans football > youth football on 21:43 - Sep 23 by Reuser_is_God

Jesus fcuking wept

I think this new love you seem to have for the women’s game is going to your head a bit.

Some of our women’s players, with all due respect, are not even athletes.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 21:45]

I think you need to grow up and appreciate what’s happening at your club, instead of being a keyboard warrior come down to a game
Womans football > youth football on 22:12 - Sep 23 with 1458 viewssparks

Womans football > youth football on 22:11 - Sep 23 by tractorgot2019

I think you need to grow up and appreciate what’s happening at your club, instead of being a keyboard warrior come down to a game

People are allowed not to like it- or to think its not as good.

They are probably correct in saying it.

It does not make them unreasonable bigots.

Just saying.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Womans football > youth football on 22:40 - Sep 23 with 1406 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Eh. Not sure where you get that idea from.

It's not so long ago that the US women's national team was beaten 5-2 by Dallas U15's.

Women's football is growing and improving, but don't go over board.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Womans football > youth football on 23:02 - Sep 23 with 1385 viewswkj

Given the current set up, playing in at a border ground like Felixstowe is a good move in my opinion. We'd likely not see crowds of much more than 1000 at PR, and when you factor in the overheads involved and pitch maintenance, it simply wouldn't be wise at all. Felixstowe is a well supported club and I know a good number of the ST holders there cheer on the women's team as well.

Crybaby

Womans football > youth football on 23:07 - Sep 23 with 1379 viewsVaughan8

The women won 7-0 And the u23s lost 3-1 so that means they are better........!

Come on. Be realistic.

It's great we have a women's team which is now being promoted more at the club but let's not start going overboard.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 23:07]
Womans football > youth football on 08:44 - Sep 24 with 1224 viewstractorgot2019

Womans football > youth football on 23:02 - Sep 23 by wkj

Given the current set up, playing in at a border ground like Felixstowe is a good move in my opinion. We'd likely not see crowds of much more than 1000 at PR, and when you factor in the overheads involved and pitch maintenance, it simply wouldn't be wise at all. Felixstowe is a well supported club and I know a good number of the ST holders there cheer on the women's team as well.

Do you not feel having the woman’s games there would increase the crowd? Get the drummer down to Portman road and get the ladies playing there. Could easily get 1000 down to Portman road on a Sunday if they did play there
Womans football > youth football on 08:49 - Sep 24 with 1215 viewsStokieBlue

Womans football > youth football on 08:44 - Sep 24 by tractorgot2019

Do you not feel having the woman’s games there would increase the crowd? Get the drummer down to Portman road and get the ladies playing there. Could easily get 1000 down to Portman road on a Sunday if they did play there

I wouldn't mind them playing at Portman Road (as long as the pitch held up ok to the extra matches).

To say it's the same standard as the U23 is rather optimistic though. I think deep down you know they would lose heavily to the U23.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Womans football > youth football on 08:54 - Sep 24 with 1205 viewsCOYBitfc

Bless, still hoping to lose your virginity to one of those girls I see..

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Womans football > youth football on 09:12 - Sep 24 with 1192 viewsSitfcB

Womans football > youth football on 08:54 - Sep 24 by COYBitfc

Oooo run into the crowd so we can touch you...

https://images.app.goo.gl/qWEAbj9PjEAKuLbu9

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Womans football > youth football on 09:32 - Sep 24 with 1146 viewstractorgot2019

Womans football > youth football on 08:54 - Sep 24 by COYBitfc

That's the plan yeah...
Womans football > youth football on 10:42 - Sep 24 with 1099 viewsCOYBitfc

Womans football > youth football on 09:32 - Sep 24 by tractorgot2019

That's the plan yeah...

Which one tickles your fancy?

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Womans football > youth football on 11:31 - Sep 24 with 1077 viewsflimflam

Womans football > youth football on 22:11 - Sep 23 by tractorgot2019

Whats happening at the club regarding Womans football is moving in the right direction.

It was not that long ago that the Womans team was not even run within ITFC and was a separate entity but that has changed now correctly so.

There has been a big push at the younger age groups with ITFC now running the ACC for girls U10 - U16 after applying for the license from Suffolk FA who will continue to run the GDC which feeds into the ACC.

The community trust Elite Girls PDC is also now starting up at Needham Market which should eventually have girls teams U10 - 16 also.

These are on top of the the U18 and U21 squads already training at Playford.

The womens team is far better than last season and there is a real push to get them up the leagues and when the younger age groups start feeding into the U18s, 21s and womens teams then the future for womens football at ITFC looks very good.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 11:33]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Womans football > youth football on 17:26 - Sep 24 with 949 viewswkj

Womans football > youth football on 08:44 - Sep 24 by tractorgot2019

Not to the levels of it becoming financially sustainable no, also not at the detriment to the playing surface, not yet I don't. A crowd of 1000 would need to be at least 6 times that on a consistent basis to make it barely worthwhile, we will not have crowds of 6k on a sunday afternoon I can almost guarantee it
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 17:28]

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024