Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Facebook Feed update 08:23 - Sep 25 with 2561 viewsartsbossbeard

Last night was decent.

1. A group photo showing all 11 judges and their Brexit voting. Only 1 voted leave of the 11. All are traitors apparently and there were call for them to be hanged too.
2. Gina Miller changing her "Asian sounding surname" plus also questions on why a Guyanese person has so much sway and say on our democratic process. Counter arguments to confirm that she is married to a "Miller" and that she was born in British Guyana seem to fall on deaf ears.
3. An absolute belter of a photoshopped picture that shows JC heading up an IRA funeral surrounded by IRA members with guns and balaclava's whilst JC is in beige chino shorts and wearing a blue T shirt with "I 'heart' IRA". People have actually fallen for this.

The Leave EU lot seem to be mass producing these efforts and, if I may say, the more gullible of our society are lapping it up and believing it without fact checking.

Is this what we've become?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Facebook Feed update on 08:26 - Sep 25 with 2248 viewsfooters

I saw my first poppy post today, ABB! "Poppy Day", as they call it, apparently offends muslims,, which they spelt 'muslimns'.

A little earlier than expected though, maybe something to do with global warming? Who knows.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Facebook Feed update on 08:31 - Sep 25 with 2231 viewsStokieBlue

You've mistaken gullible for stupid.

For some people FB is an infallible source of information, why would they question things which are by design, reinforcing their beliefs and suspicions?

The day FB goes bankrupt will be a great day for the world. What started out a something fun has become a vector for hate and lies and FB themselves need to take all the blame for allowing it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Facebook Feed update on 08:33 - Sep 25 with 2216 viewswkj

The social media machine is ridiculous for this kind of crap. I honestly don't see why people are too upset by this court ruling, the prorogation had a huge impact on EU and domestic policy, and this ruling is within the best interest of the UK citizen base.

But there we go, everything has become about Brexit FC who the fans desperately want to finish out side of the champion's league this year. The Jeremy Corbyn stuff is quite frankly depressing, he has his faults, but some of this nonsence to smear him is vile and pathetic, especially when some are weaponizing religion and awful tragic events of the past.

As for Gina Miller, well, she is a citizen who made some powerful differences to the rules which Brexit FC played by, something any citizen had a right to attempt either for or against the EU withdrawal. Another example of someone doing something proactive rather than just sitting about retweeting and tutting to get their activism kicks.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Facebook Feed update on 08:35 - Sep 25 with 2190 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Facebook Feed update on 08:31 - Sep 25 by StokieBlue

For some people FB is an infallible source of information, why would they question things which are by design, reinforcing their beliefs and suspicions?

The day FB goes bankrupt will be a great day for the world. What started out a something fun has become a vector for hate and lies and FB themselves need to take all the blame for allowing it.

SB

...although it is very good at helping to sell stuff!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Facebook Feed update on 08:36 - Sep 25 with 2195 viewsartsbossbeard

SB

I make you right.

I only properly use it for ITFC feed, gig stuff and, more importantly, to stay in touch with overseas family and friends. The FB Messaging video call service is so easy to use even my silver haired relations use it almost daily between themselves.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Facebook Feed update on 08:36 - Sep 25 with 2191 viewsStokieBlue

Facebook Feed update on 08:35 - Sep 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

...although it is very good at helping to sell stuff!

Surely you hate that though? It's saying more globalisation to the supply chain :).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Facebook Feed update on 08:43 - Sep 25 with 2171 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Facebook Feed update on 08:36 - Sep 25 by StokieBlue

Surely you hate that though? It's saying more globalisation to the supply chain :).

SB

....couldn't you hear the tone in my text?

Edit...although isn't this a reason for you to love it?
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 8:45]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Facebook Feed update on 08:44 - Sep 25 with 2173 viewsReuser_is_God

SB

The ‘I saw it on Facebook’ melts.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Facebook Feed update on 09:09 - Sep 25 with 2123 viewsitfcjoe

The stupid are just doubling down, I can't imagine what is happening now is attracting people to their cause but just making the vocal minority louder (and more importantly smaller)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Facebook Feed update on 09:10 - Sep 25 with 2117 viewsbluelagos

Absurd isn't it.

Believing the dishonest lies of those in positions of power who push their lies to the gullible whose own prejudices allow them to buy this nonsense.

Then when presented with the clear evidence that they have been fed a pack of lies, they hold onto them, repeating them rather than admit that they got it wrong. Even after the courts rule to that effect...

Can you imagine?
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 9:20]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Facebook Feed update on 09:12 - Sep 25 with 2104 viewsHerbivore

I've come to the conclusion that we're absolutely fooked.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Facebook Feed update on 09:13 - Sep 25 with 2099 viewswkj

Facebook Feed update on 09:12 - Sep 25 by Herbivore

I've come to the conclusion that we're absolutely fooked.

Took you long enough

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Facebook Feed update on 09:21 - Sep 25 with 2074 viewsartsbossbeard

Facebook Feed update on 09:10 - Sep 25 by bluelagos

Absurd isn't it.

Believing the dishonest lies of those in positions of power who push their lies to the gullible whose own prejudices allow them to buy this nonsense.

Then when presented with the clear evidence that they have been fed a pack of lies, they hold onto them, repeating them rather than admit that they got it wrong. Even after the courts rule to that effect...

Can you imagine?
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 9:20]

Agreed.

It's difficult to change viewpoints when they've witnessed similar behaviour and interactions first hand previously.

Can you imagine?

Facebook Feed update on 12:50 - Sep 25 with 1962 viewsfactual_blue

Facebook Feed update on 08:26 - Sep 25 by footers

I saw my first poppy post today, ABB! "Poppy Day", as they call it, apparently offends muslims,, which they spelt 'muslimns'.

A little earlier than expected though, maybe something to do with global warming? Who knows.

The inability of the gammonistas to understand even the most basic facts about Britain's history is a cross between amusing and embarrassing.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Facebook Feed update on 13:01 - Sep 25 with 1927 viewsPinewoodblue

The trouble is ABB that the more you look at trash the more trash FB will think you are interested in.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Facebook Feed update on 13:17 - Sep 25 with 1909 viewsDubtractor

I was having a (fairly civil) discussion with a Brexit supporting old school friend on fb last night. One of his mates weighed in with a considered response of "prick" to one of my posts.

Which was nice.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Facebook Feed update on 13:18 - Sep 25 with 1906 viewsMeadowlark

Facebook Feed update on 08:36 - Sep 25 by artsbossbeard

I make you right.

I only properly use it for ITFC feed, gig stuff and, more importantly, to stay in touch with overseas family and friends. The FB Messaging video call service is so easy to use even my silver haired relations use it almost daily between themselves.

It's the silver-haired relations that are the problem!

I am one BTW (silver-haired) but I don't use FB. If I want extreme views I come on here instead.....
Facebook Feed update on 13:22 - Sep 25 with 1885 viewsfooters

Facebook Feed update on 13:17 - Sep 25 by Dubtractor

I was having a (fairly civil) discussion with a Brexit supporting old school friend on fb last night. One of his mates weighed in with a considered response of "prick" to one of my posts.

Which was nice.

He's got a point...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Facebook Feed update on 13:43 - Sep 25 with 1857 viewsjeera

I have a cousin who insists on regularly putting up WW2 posts with various 'quotes'.

I have no idea what they're supposed to achieve.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Facebook Feed update on 13:48 - Sep 25 with 1829 viewsHerbivore

Facebook Feed update on 13:17 - Sep 25 by Dubtractor

Which was nice.

I make him right.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Facebook Feed update on 13:57 - Sep 25 with 1807 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Facebook Feed update on 13:43 - Sep 25 by jeera

I have a cousin who insists on regularly putting up WW2 posts with various 'quotes'.

I have no idea what they're supposed to achieve.

I've had similar. My favourite from a leaver friend was a picture of the cenotaph with the words "Divorce Bill: Paid in Full" underneath it
Facebook Feed update on 14:03 - Sep 25 with 1787 viewsjeera

Facebook Feed update on 13:57 - Sep 25 by Decoy_Octopus

I've had similar. My favourite from a leaver friend was a picture of the cenotaph with the words "Divorce Bill: Paid in Full" underneath it

I've seen that one before.

Like it makes any sense. Some of them are both insulting and stupid.

I'm embarrassed to admit a friend of mine referred to Merkel as a Nazi a couple of months ago, and I've not spoken to him since.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Facebook Feed update on 14:13 - Sep 25 with 1758 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Facebook Feed update on 14:03 - Sep 25 by jeera

I've seen that one before.

Like it makes any sense. Some of them are both insulting and stupid.

I'm embarrassed to admit a friend of mine referred to Merkel as a Nazi a couple of months ago, and I've not spoken to him since.

I Know, it's great when they all quite Churchill and stuff

A man who was known to be very fond of a European Union...
Facebook Feed update on 14:21 - Sep 25 with 1741 viewsOldsmoker

Facebook Feed update on 13:57 - Sep 25 by Decoy_Octopus

The Cenotaph was erected in 1920's to commemorate the fallen in WW1.
I would like to point out to your leaver friend that the debt paid by the millions of soldiers who needlessly died because of the stupidity and crassness of the 'Lord Melchetts' who ran our army has NEVER been repaid.
A ceremony once a year doesn't cut it.
Denying pensions to non-brits who served in our army doesn't cut it either.
Rant over.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Facebook Feed update on 14:23 - Sep 25 with 1735 viewsSpruceMoose

Facebook Feed update on 14:21 - Sep 25 by Oldsmoker

The Cenotaph was erected in 1920's to commemorate the fallen in WW1.
I would like to point out to your leaver friend that the debt paid by the millions of soldiers who needlessly died because of the stupidity and crassness of the 'Lord Melchetts' who ran our army has NEVER been repaid.
A ceremony once a year doesn't cut it.
Denying pensions to non-brits who served in our army doesn't cut it either.
Rant over.

A worthy and well deserved rant. You carry on Sir.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024