Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
*Boring thread alert* Battery Cases 13:22 - Sep 30 with 999 viewsSWGF

Had my mobile for a few years and have no real urge to change it. Only thing is that the battery is on its last legs and it needs a recharge more often than it did; don't we all.

In order to get me another few months out of it, am looking at getting a battery case to give it some oomph.

Anyone use a battery case for their mobile? Are they any good?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

*Boring thread alert* Battery Cases on 13:26 - Sep 30 with 976 viewsfooters

Some bloke who used to post on here had to stand for at least one battery case.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

*Boring thread alert* Battery Cases on 13:31 - Sep 30 with 971 viewsSteve_M

The alternative is one of these, does at least two charges of an iphone but rarely need it for more than that. Pretty lightweight and portable rather than a heavier phone.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-Compact-Fast-Charging-Technology/

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

*Boring thread alert* Battery Cases on 13:42 - Sep 30 with 940 viewsDyland

Backing up Stevers' post, Anker are good. I had an Anker iPhone battery case and it was excellent. When work upgraded phone I went foolishly with a knockoff cheap battery case and it's not half as good.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

*Boring thread alert* Battery Cases on 13:51 - Sep 30 with 932 viewswkj

*Boring thread alert* Battery Cases on 13:26 - Sep 30 by footers

Some bloke who used to post on here had to stand for at least one battery case.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

*Boring thread alert* Battery Cases on 14:04 - Sep 30 with 914 viewsSWGF

*Boring thread alert* Battery Cases on 13:31 - Sep 30 by Steve_M

The alternative is one of these, does at least two charges of an iphone but rarely need it for more than that. Pretty lightweight and portable rather than a heavier phone.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-Compact-Fast-Charging-Technology/

I have one of those somewhere but didnt want the additional cables, etc.

Am baulking at paying more than £15/month for a mobile phone....!

People don't seriously pay ~£80/month for a mobile, do they?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

*Boring thread alert* Battery Cases on 14:13 - Sep 30 with 906 viewsSteve_M

*Boring thread alert* Battery Cases on 14:04 - Sep 30 by SWGF

I have one of those somewhere but didnt want the additional cables, etc.

Am baulking at paying more than £15/month for a mobile phone....!

People don't seriously pay ~£80/month for a mobile, do they?

I certainly don't. I bought my phone outright over two years ago and pay £12 a month sim only.

£80 a month is for people who can't do the basic maths but want the highest spec phones. Even with a phone costing £1,000 that's surely much more expensive than buying outright over a couple of years.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

*Boring thread alert* Battery Cases on 15:46 - Sep 30 with 858 viewsvilanovablue

*Boring thread alert* Battery Cases on 14:13 - Sep 30 by Steve_M

I certainly don't. I bought my phone outright over two years ago and pay £12 a month sim only.

£80 a month is for people who can't do the basic maths but want the highest spec phones. Even with a phone costing £1,000 that's surely much more expensive than buying outright over a couple of years.

In fairness if you shop around you should never have to pay that much unless you want an iPhone with stupid amounts of storage and that serves you right. The Samsung 10+ was about that mark but you can pick it up on contract now for £50 a month. I upgrade every 2 years and give my previous phone to someone in the family.

My last phone contract ended up being cheaper than my previous contract and still got a top end phone.

Being a nerd the 2 yearly phone upgrade is something I look forward to.
*Boring thread alert* Battery Cases on 18:15 - Sep 30 with 812 viewsBoardPolice

*Boring thread alert* Battery Cases on 13:42 - Sep 30 by Dyland

Backing up Stevers' post, Anker are good. I had an Anker iPhone battery case and it was excellent. When work upgraded phone I went foolishly with a knockoff cheap battery case and it's not half as good.

And they are also the owners of the world's best named website

https://www.anker.com/
Login to get fewer ads

*Boring thread alert* Battery Cases on 20:40 - Sep 30 with 762 viewsvilanovablue

Worth looking at Ice Works batteries v slim and cable attached to case so you can use your phone like normal even with the battery plugged in. You also get 2 charges of your phone. Absolutely great and I've owned a range of battery chargers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024