Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Take me back to league one now 10:43 - Oct 6 with 1548 viewsdwrawa

Like I said a few months ago - I enjoyed league one more than the championship. A rekindled enthusiasm for the weekends and going into games as the odds on favourites (unheard of in barnsley fc history)

The prima donnas in the championship - only 11 games in - is evident and I’d much rather have lumps kicked out of us in league 1

Would I swap? Yes, in a heartbeat

The one thing you lot need to do -which we haven’t done - is keep hold of a winning squad and add some experience a championship guile as the level of diving and gamesmanship is in abundance

Good luck for the remainder of the season
Take me back to league one now on 10:48 - Oct 6 with 1512 viewscatch74

Haven’t looked at Charlton’s dealings but is that what they’ve done? Interested to know how they’ve settled in nicely and it’s been more of a struggle for yourselves and Luton.
Best of luck this season, my favourite teacher at school was an avid Barnsley and I’ve had a soft spot for them since.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Take me back to league one now on 10:49 - Oct 6 with 1505 viewsPecker

League 1 sucks.
Take me back to league one now on 10:51 - Oct 6 with 1486 viewsMattinLondon

Take me back to league one now on 10:49 - Oct 6 by Pecker

League 1 sucks.

I doubt if players enjoy having lumps kicked out of them and probably enjoy playing at a higher level.
Take me back to league one now on 10:54 - Oct 6 with 1471 viewstractorboy1978

Take me back to league one now on 10:49 - Oct 6 by Pecker

League 1 sucks.

More than being panned in the Championship? No chance.
Take me back to league one now on 10:57 - Oct 6 with 1446 viewsBackToRussia

Take me back to league one now on 10:54 - Oct 6 by tractorboy1978

More than being panned in the Championship? No chance.

These are the only 2 options yes.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Take me back to league one now on 11:10 - Oct 6 with 1394 viewstractorboy1978

Take me back to league one now on 10:57 - Oct 6 by BackToRussia

These are the only 2 options yes.

They probably were this season. If by some miracle we had stayed up last season we'd have been struggling towards the bottom again this season in all likelihood. We needed this chance to re-group. Being in L1 is far from ideal of course but I'm enjoying going to games again and enjoying being part of an atmosphere around the club that is improving by the week.
Take me back to league one now on 11:14 - Oct 6 with 1372 viewsBackToRussia

Take me back to league one now on 11:10 - Oct 6 by tractorboy1978

They probably were this season. If by some miracle we had stayed up last season we'd have been struggling towards the bottom again this season in all likelihood. We needed this chance to re-group. Being in L1 is far from ideal of course but I'm enjoying going to games again and enjoying being part of an atmosphere around the club that is improving by the week.

I'm not sure you can really call it a chance to regroup, because there's severe financial penalties (in effect) for being relegated. Still, it may end up working out that way because we are building momentum. It doesn't pay to think too much about hypotheticals though. If we had stayed up, Lambert would have had more money to spend, maybe we would have got someone else as good as KVY in and built some momentum after our miraculous escape from relegation. Similarly we may have lost a few early on this season and doubts started to have crept in, our lack of confidence from last season getting even worse, resulting in us being stuck in L1 for years a la Sheff Utd. Easy to push the story in either direction.

But we can all agree it's nice to be winning games.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2019 11:15]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Take me back to league one now on 19:09 - Oct 6 with 1123 viewsTheBoyBlue

It's good fun at the moment, but results go against us it might not seem so much so. And if we're still in L1 in a year...

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024