Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bang out of order 22:59 - Oct 5 with 4770 viewsBent_double

Villa fans chanting, "Are you Ipswich in disguise?" at 0-4.

Gone right off them now.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Bang out of order on 23:35 - Oct 5 with 4598 viewswkj

In some ways that is kind of funny based on last year, and I say funny as it hurts them more than it does us.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bang out of order on 00:28 - Oct 6 with 4420 viewspatrickswell

Just remember, the last time Villa played us on our ground, they failed to win despite having a man advantage for 51 minutes and Paul Hurst in the opposition dugout.
Bang out of order on 01:00 - Oct 6 with 4339 viewsRyorry

I've been off them since they pipped us to the title in 1980/81

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bang out of order on 02:17 - Oct 6 with 4248 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Bang out of order on 01:00 - Oct 6 by Ryorry

I've been off them since they pipped us to the title in 1980/81

I've always put the blame at Middlesbrough's door for that, that was the game that killed it. Aston Villa played far less games than ourselves that season, (we) beat them in the cup in the early rounds of the competition, not to mention Portman Road and Birmingham with it.

Robson and players were too fatigued by May '81 to take the league championship although don't know how many players we used for that season. Personally I got no issue with Aston Villa, you know, for winning that years league division. Two teams seem to get on well enough together (in subsequent years) and any club side that puts five to Norwich at their own venue deserves a certain adulation.
Bang out of order on 09:19 - Oct 6 with 3687 viewssundaze

Bang out of order on 23:35 - Oct 5 by wkj

In some ways that is kind of funny based on last year, and I say funny as it hurts them more than it does us.

Agreed. I don't usually watch M O T D, but I couldn't resist watching Villa stuff Norwich yesterday.
It was kind of strange hearing Villa fans taunt Norwich with " are you Ipswich in disguise", but I can imagine how much it wound up those deluded home fans at the time.
Bang out of order on 09:20 - Oct 6 with 3675 viewsHerbivore

Bang out of order on 00:28 - Oct 6 by patrickswell

Just remember, the last time Villa played us on our ground, they failed to win despite having a man advantage for 51 minutes and Paul Hurst in the opposition dugout.

Indeed, and they only beat us at Villa Park with a lot of assistance from Keith Stroud.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bang out of order on 10:43 - Oct 6 with 3477 viewsPecker

It would have been painful for the budgies, so good on the Villa fans.
Arf on 10:51 - Oct 6 with 3460 viewsDyland

Fair play really.

Who's ever liked Villa, anyway? Proper old club and ground but horrible gobsh1te confused fans.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Arf on 10:52 - Oct 6 with 3454 viewsPecker

Arf on 10:51 - Oct 6 by Dyland

Fair play really.

Who's ever liked Villa, anyway? Proper old club and ground but horrible gobsh1te confused fans.

Always enjoyed Villa away.
Arf on 10:52 - Oct 6 with 3452 viewssolemio

Arf on 10:51 - Oct 6 by Dyland

Fair play really.

You're confusing them with Birmingham City fans.
Arf on 10:53 - Oct 6 with 3446 viewsDyland

Arf on 10:52 - Oct 6 by Pecker

Always enjoyed Villa away.

Aye, a decent away day, agreed.

Arf on 10:53 - Oct 6 with 3440 viewsDyland

Arf on 10:52 - Oct 6 by solemio

Lollers, they're even worse!

Bang out of order on 10:55 - Oct 6 with 3432 viewsKeaneish

Bang out of order on 00:28 - Oct 6 by patrickswell

They were lucky to get a narrow win at Villa Park too. Could easily have been a draw.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Bang out of order on 11:05 - Oct 6 with 3400 viewsActionMan

To the Nodge ego this will be utterly world destroying given that they were talking about Europa League just a few weeks back.
Bang out of order on 11:44 - Oct 6 with 3309 viewsNBVJohn

Given their delusions of having left us behind for good at the end of last season, this will have been horrible for them to hear.

I can’t be offended by this. We were appalling last season, but despite all this we got home draws against both, were disrespected (again) by Keith Stroud at Villa Park, and so crippled by injuries and confidence by the time we went to Carrow Road that we never stood a chance. Last season everything about this club conspired to pit all the fine margins against us, and quite frankly ME got what he deserved from his litany of poor decisions and the lack of imagination. (Not necessarily lack of investment). Whilst it’s fine to point out where we were unfortunate, think of all of the games where we just weren’t good enough. It was most of them.

Outside of the inbreds, no one in the Premier League and Championship has any interest in us at all this season - the last memory of us is of a rock bottom, relegated by a country mile disaster that left us as a laughing stock, an object lesson in how not to run a football club for ME. But at the end of it all it’s perfectly plausible that in 5 years time to other clubs, history will show a one season blip, despite what we will always know was slow, inevitable decline. Football is a very strange game.

I’m not wholly convinced yet that the trajectory of both clubs has changed but who knows where both clubs will be next season? They’re probably starting to realise that give it a year, and we might not be so far apart......
Arf on 12:10 - Oct 6 with 3253 viewsfactual_blue

Arf on 10:52 - Oct 6 by solemio

I've met a Villa fan who is the grandson of a genuine peaky blinder.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Bang out of order on 12:10 - Oct 6 with 3253 viewsRocky

Also good to hear that Conor Hourihane and Tyrone Mings were excellent for Villa.
Bang out of order on 12:45 - Oct 6 with 3186 viewsBent_double

Bang out of order on 12:10 - Oct 6 by Rocky

Also good to hear that Conor Hourihane and Tyrone Mings were excellent for Villa.

apart from Mings daft 'backpass' that led to their goal.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Bang out of order on 13:48 - Oct 6 with 3078 viewsRadlett_blue

Most football chants are predictably boring, but this was a good one.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Bang out of order on 14:05 - Oct 6 with 3042 viewsOxford_Blue

They were also singing “Ipswich town are better than you”

Albeit ironically
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024