Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the sci-fi geeks out there 15:52 - Oct 8 with 810 viewsStokieBlue

Star Trek: Picard trailer:

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

For the sci-fi geeks out there on 15:57 - Oct 8 with 795 viewschicoazul

Here is something I have always wondered; what's the average life expectancy in the Federation? They have pretty much wiped out earth-bound disease I believe. How long a retirement would a Starship captain enjoy?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

For the sci-fi geeks out there on 16:00 - Oct 8 with 788 viewsStokieBlue

For the sci-fi geeks out there on 15:57 - Oct 8 by chicoazul

Here is something I have always wondered; what's the average life expectancy in the Federation? They have pretty much wiped out earth-bound disease I believe. How long a retirement would a Starship captain enjoy?

Well Kirk is supposed to be 130 in Generations so longer than that I guess.

SB

For the sci-fi geeks out there on 16:00 - Oct 8 with 784 viewschicoazul

For the sci-fi geeks out there on 16:00 - Oct 8 by StokieBlue

SB

Wasn't that to do with that weird cloud thing though?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

For the sci-fi geeks out there on 16:01 - Oct 8 with 781 viewsStokieBlue

For the sci-fi geeks out there on 16:00 - Oct 8 by chicoazul

Wasn't that to do with that weird cloud thing though?

Good point.

No idea then. It can be your research project for the rest of the afternoon until it's pub time.

SB
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 16:02]

For the sci-fi geeks out there on 16:03 - Oct 8 with 771 viewschicoazul

For the sci-fi geeks out there on 16:01 - Oct 8 by StokieBlue

Good point.

No idea then. It can be your research project for the rest of the afternoon until it's pub time.

SB
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 16:02]

"This made McCoy at 134 the oldest confirmed Human seen in Star Trek, with the exception of Flint and users of suspended animation-like technology
Dialogue in "The Lorelei Signal" implied that Kirk and McCoy (then about thirty-six and forty-two years old respectively) could only expect to live for another forty or perhaps fifty years. This was in a scenario in which they would not be able to access the medical technology of the Federation."
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 16:04]

For the sci-fi geeks out there on 16:06 - Oct 8 with 766 viewsFtnfwest

For the sci-fi geeks out there on 16:00 - Oct 8 by StokieBlue

SB

bet he was still chatting up birds covered in blue paint, i mean aliens. 'This is what we call a kiss on earth...'
For the sci-fi geeks out there on 16:10 - Oct 8 with 754 viewsOldsmoker

For the sci-fi geeks out there on 15:57 - Oct 8 by chicoazul

They know about Borg implants.
We are developing artificial organs today alongside Gene therapy.
It is quite possible that in 200 years time a human being could have their worn-out bits replaced with artificial parts or the old organs could be regenerated with a DNA reboot.
It's more to do with a stimulated life. If you get put to one side because you're old then you may have nothing to live for and just give up and die.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

For the sci-fi geeks out there on 16:16 - Oct 8 with 736 viewsStokieBlue

For the sci-fi geeks out there on 16:03 - Oct 8 by chicoazul

"This made McCoy at 134 the oldest confirmed Human seen in Star Trek, with the exception of Flint and users of suspended animation-like technology
Dialogue in "The Lorelei Signal" implied that Kirk and McCoy (then about thirty-six and forty-two years old respectively) could only expect to live for another forty or perhaps fifty years. This was in a scenario in which they would not be able to access the medical technology of the Federation."
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 16:04]

To be honest, 134 seems a bit rubbish for 300 years in the future.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024