Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... 15:56 - Oct 24 with 1492 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/09/03/number-10-accused-weaponise-transgender-ri

This is pretty grim if true. Seems odd to be polling Northern towns on their opinions on trans rights.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 16:21 - Oct 24 with 1426 viewsDarth_Koont

When the “game” is winning votes and grabbing power for vested interests, anything is possible.

Added to everything we know about the companies and algorithms to target voters and push buttons (and boundaries) as much as they want.

They are clearly turning the Nasty party label into a strength.

Pronouns: He/Him

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 16:23 - Oct 24 with 1427 viewsRyorry

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 16:52 - Oct 24 with 1392 viewssparks

Precious little evidence there. Could easily be seen as cynical fake news designed to smear...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 16:57 - Oct 24 with 1380 viewsfooters

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 16:23 - Oct 24 by Ryorry

May I recommend Oborne's book The Rise of Political Lying to any interested parties. A very interesting read, although possibly a little out of date now given all the social media antics.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 17:54 - Oct 24 with 1322 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nothing would surprise me from this current shower. But reprehensible all the same.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:02 - Oct 24 with 1307 viewsGlasgowBlue

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 16:23 - Oct 24 by Ryorry

I stopped taking Peter Oborne seriously when he blamed the victims of the Rochdale grooming ring for “accepting the advances” of their attackers and became an apologist for Assad’s murder of his own citizens.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 18:05]

Iron Lion Zion

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:34 - Oct 24 with 1266 viewsSwansea_Blue

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:02 - Oct 24 by GlasgowBlue

I stopped taking Peter Oborne seriously when he blamed the victims of the Rochdale grooming ring for “accepting the advances” of their attackers and became an apologist for Assad’s murder of his own citizens.

And we can go over to Kammy, who got an early incident on TWTD...

It’s unbelievable Jeff. Out of nowhere, it’s an early bath for TWTD right winger,Glassers, who goes straight over the top of the ball with studs raised. Totally unnecessary and now his team will have to dig deep to save anything form this match.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:45 - Oct 24 with 1237 viewsDarth_Koont

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:02 - Oct 24 by GlasgowBlue

Well, at least you took on board his Israel lobby stuff ...

Login to get fewer ads

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:45 - Oct 24 with 1232 viewsGlasgowBlue

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:34 - Oct 24 by Swansea_Blue

And we can go over to Kammy, who got an early incident on TWTD...

It’s unbelievable Jeff. Out of nowhere, it’s an early bath for TWTD right winger,Glassers, who goes straight over the top of the ball with studs raised. Totally unnecessary and now his team will have to dig deep to save anything form this match.

Centre midfield these days mate.

Iron Lion Zion

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:48 - Oct 24 with 1224 viewsGlasgowBlue

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:45 - Oct 24 by Darth_Koont

Well, at least you took on board his Israel lobby stuff ...

DK once again displaying his own form of Tourette’s, which causes him to randomly shout “Israel lobby” at passing strangers.

Iron Lion Zion

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:50 - Oct 24 with 1209 viewsDarth_Koont

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:48 - Oct 24 by GlasgowBlue

DK once again displaying his own form of Tourette’s, which causes him to randomly shout “Israel lobby” at passing strangers.

Yes. If I believed your distaste for Oborne was in any way unconnected.

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:52 - Oct 24 with 1200 viewsGlasgowBlue

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:50 - Oct 24 by Darth_Koont

Yes. If I believed your distaste for Oborne was in any way unconnected.

I'll leave you to continue barking at the moon.

Iron Lion Zion

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:56 - Oct 24 with 1186 viewskinnockers

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 16:57 - Oct 24 by footers

May I recommend Oborne's book The Rise of Political Lying to any interested parties. A very interesting read, although possibly a little out of date now given all the social media antics.

Couldn't agree more. An insightful look into how our politicians and media bend the truth to suit their agendas.

Former leader of the Labour Party / Newsround Editor

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:56 - Oct 24 with 1185 viewsDarth_Koont

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:52 - Oct 24 by GlasgowBlue

I'll leave you to continue barking at the moon.

Haha. I wouldn’t think of it. That’s your job.

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 19:11 - Oct 24 with 1144 viewsDarth_Koont

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 16:57 - Oct 24 by footers

Agreed. But the lies, smears and disingenuousness are now seen as “clever politics”.

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 19:12 - Oct 24 with 1142 viewsSwansea_Blue

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 18:45 - Oct 24 by GlasgowBlue

Centre midfield these days mate.

Yeah, best to leave the wings to these excitable youngsters who’ve yet to learn the game properly!

Oborne’s right on this occasion mind. Quite nice to see, at long last, some basic standards being expected of reporters. The coverage for too long has been far too passive and uncritical.

I think my favourite analogy/quote that always does the rounds in these discussions is this one:

“If someone says it's raining, and another person says it's dry, it's not your job to quote them both in the name of balance. Your job is to look out the f*cking window and find out which is true."

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 20:05 - Oct 24 with 1093 viewsRyorry

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 19:12 - Oct 24 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, best to leave the wings to these excitable youngsters who’ve yet to learn the game properly!

Oborne’s right on this occasion mind. Quite nice to see, at long last, some basic standards being expected of reporters. The coverage for too long has been far too passive and uncritical.

I think my favourite analogy/quote that always does the rounds in these discussions is this one:

“If someone says it's raining, and another person says it's dry, it's not your job to quote them both in the name of balance. Your job is to look out the f*cking window and find out which is true."

Yes, saw that quote on Twitter too & gave it a 'like'! (I know, I know ...)

Quite a few on that thread also saying that never mind what Osborne had come out with before, he was spot on with this.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 20:13 - Oct 24 with 1067 viewsvapour_trail

I take a lot of political news and rumours with a pinch of salt but... on 19:12 - Oct 24 by Swansea_Blue

You’d do well not to advocate for the fake news you’re being fed here.

Just my view.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024