Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on Wales! 10:40 - Oct 27 with 3433 viewsRyorry

Keep calm and score tries

16-16

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Come on Wales! on 11:00 - Oct 27 with 3412 viewsRyorry

:(

16-19

Come on Wales! on 11:03 - Oct 27 with 3404 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shame that, as England v Wales would have been a great final.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Come on Wales! on 11:24 - Oct 27 with 3375 viewssolemio

Truly dreadful match. All kicking, mostly poor kicking. No non rugby enthusiasts will have been attracted to the sport.

Shame for Wales though.
Come on Wales! on 11:33 - Oct 27 with 3353 viewsDarth_Koont

Come on Wales! on 11:24 - Oct 27 by solemio

Truly dreadful match. All kicking, mostly poor kicking. No non rugby enthusiasts will have been attracted to the sport.

Shame for Wales though.

It was very poor. But I think the ball was so slippery they'd rather not have it in hand and see if the opposition would make the mistake instead.

It's been a good World Cup overall but the conditions certainly haven't produced the best open rugby. When the ball doesn't stick, it becomes all a bit too careful and relatively easy to defend against.

Pronouns: He/Him

Come on Wales! on 11:35 - Oct 27 with 3351 viewsSwansea_Blue

Come on Wales! on 11:24 - Oct 27 by solemio

Shame for Wales though.

I don’t understand rugby, so was a bit confused as to why Wales persisted with going down the middle when the SA forwards looked stronger. SA looked much sharper offensively and defensively round rucks, rucks, lineouts. The one time Wales built phases instead of kicking and worked it wide they went over.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Come on Wales! on 11:38 - Oct 27 with 3335 viewsRyorry

Come on Wales! on 11:33 - Oct 27 by Darth_Koont

It was very poor. But I think the ball was so slippery they'd rather not have it in hand and see if the opposition would make the mistake instead.

It's been a good World Cup overall but the conditions certainly haven't produced the best open rugby. When the ball doesn't stick, it becomes all a bit too careful and relatively easy to defend against.

Windier and wetter than yesterday I believe; thought Wales would do better in 2nd half with wind more in their favour.

Still found it quite compelling to watch, probably because the scoreline remained close, nip & tuck throughout.

Come on Wales! on 12:25 - Oct 27 with 3278 viewsFtnfwest

The tears are streaming down my face........
Come on Wales! on 12:39 - Oct 27 with 3251 viewsChurchman

Come on Wales! on 11:38 - Oct 27 by Ryorry

Windier and wetter than yesterday I believe; thought Wales would do better in 2nd half with wind more in their favour.

Still found it quite compelling to watch, probably because the scoreline remained close, nip & tuck throughout.

It was a hard fought game with nothing in it. I thought Wales got a little bit sucked in to South Africa’s game plan. Such a shame it couldn’t be an England/Wales final
Login to get fewer ads

Come on Wales! on 13:03 - Oct 27 with 3232 viewsFtnfwest

Come on Wales! on 11:33 - Oct 27 by Darth_Koont

Very close but yes the weather didnt help and accentuated the relatively limited game both teams have. Wales try had a forward pass, just, but set up a tense ending for sure.
Come on Wales! on 15:02 - Oct 27 with 3160 viewsGeoffSentence

Come on Wales! on 11:03 - Oct 27 by Swansea_Blue

Shame that, as England v Wales would have been a great final.

I think England South Africa is much more interesting, England play Wales every year.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Come on Wales! on 16:30 - Oct 27 with 3137 viewsMVBlue

Come on Wales! on 12:39 - Oct 27 by Churchman

It was a hard fought game with nothing in it. I thought Wales got a little bit sucked in to South Africa’s game plan. Such a shame it couldn’t be an England/Wales final

Not sure why apart from being Welsh so many wanted a Wales England final. Wales did a number on England in the six nations and would have been unbearable if they won by a margin.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Come on Wales! on 16:39 - Oct 27 with 3127 viewsGeoffSentence

Come on Wales! on 16:30 - Oct 27 by MVBlue

Not sure why apart from being Welsh so many wanted a Wales England final. Wales did a number on England in the six nations and would have been unbearable if they won by a margin.

My Welsh family and friends have been unbearable ever since the start of the WC. The merest sight of that egg turns them all into ravening anti-english xenophobes. Once it is all over they'll all be normal decent people again.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Come on Wales! on 17:36 - Oct 27 with 3103 viewsRyorry

Come on Wales! on 16:39 - Oct 27 by GeoffSentence

My Welsh family and friends have been unbearable ever since the start of the WC. The merest sight of that egg turns them all into ravening anti-english xenophobes. Once it is all over they'll all be normal decent people again.

Was married to a Welshman - he didn't give a toss, & he & his family all thought the whole hoo-ha re Land of my Fathers before every home game nonsense. I had no other Welsh connections, but cared more than he did!

Come on Wales! on 17:46 - Oct 27 with 3082 viewsclive_baker

Come on Wales! on 16:30 - Oct 27 by MVBlue

Wales only beat England in Cardiff. We’re on a different level to them at the moment and would’ve battered them in the final. SA is the tougher game, but I would still make England favourites.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Come on Wales! on 18:02 - Oct 27 with 3063 viewsfooters

Come on Wales! on 17:36 - Oct 27 by Ryorry

Was married to a Welshman - he didn't give a toss, & he & his family all thought the whole hoo-ha re Land of my Fathers before every home game nonsense. I had no other Welsh connections, but cared more than he did!

"The Land of my fathers? They can keep it!" - Dylan Thomas

Do love watching the old egg chasing in Wales though, a brilliant place and fanatical fans!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Come on Wales! on 18:04 - Oct 27 with 3056 viewsRyorry

Come on Wales! on 18:02 - Oct 27 by footers

"The Land of my fathers? They can keep it!" - Dylan Thomas

Do love watching the old egg chasing in Wales though, a brilliant place and fanatical fans!

Coming from him, that's a spectacular quote, cheers!

Come on Wales! on 18:07 - Oct 27 with 3050 viewsPJH

Come on Wales! on 18:04 - Oct 27 by Ryorry

Coming from him, that's a spectacular quote, cheers!

I think footers has got in wrong.

It was in fact Thomas Dylan, little known half brother of Bob, that said that.
Come on Wales! on 18:14 - Oct 27 with 3029 viewsfooters

Come on Wales! on 18:07 - Oct 27 by PJH

I think footers has got in wrong.

It was in fact Thomas Dylan, little known half brother of Bob, that said that.

I have just checked my copybook and you are, of course, correct. In fact, I believe his nephew Dyland posts on this very forum. Small world.

Come on Wales! on 18:15 - Oct 27 with 3023 viewsEdwardStone

Come on Wales! on 18:14 - Oct 27 by footers

I have just checked my copybook and you are, of course, correct. In fact, I believe his nephew Dyland posts on this very forum. Small world.

I prefer it when the Boyos sing that French song.....

"Men of Garlic"
Come on Wales! on 18:21 - Oct 27 with 3005 viewssolemio

Come on Wales! on 18:15 - Oct 27 by EdwardStone

I prefer it when the Boyos sing that French song.....

"Men of Garlic"

Do they still sing Cwm Rhondda I wonder?
Quite moving that was.
Come on Wales! on 18:43 - Oct 27 with 2979 viewsRyorry

Come on Wales! on 18:14 - Oct 27 by footers

Well you're all wrong according to this!

https://www.discoverdylanthomas.com/land-fathers-fathers-can-keep-complicated-re

Come on Wales! on 18:49 - Oct 27 with 2972 viewsfooters

Come on Wales! on 18:43 - Oct 27 by Ryorry

Well you're all wrong according to this!

https://www.discoverdylanthomas.com/land-fathers-fathers-can-keep-complicated-re

He wrote it! Although you are obviously right that it was one of his characters rather than his own sentiments... But at what point does poet stop and character begin?

Come on Wales! on 18:51 - Oct 27 with 2966 viewsPJH

Come on Wales! on 18:49 - Oct 27 by footers

He wrote it! Although you are obviously right that it was one of his characters rather than his own sentiments... But at what point does poet stop and character begin?

I can't understand why Thomas Dylan saying it first does not get acknowledged.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024