Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Driving from Calais to The French Alps 15:24 - Oct 31 with 1747 viewsMaySixth

anyone know the best site to work out toll costs?
Ta

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 15:46 - Oct 31 with 1723 viewsDarth_Koont

No. But clearly an opening for this site:

forwhothetollbills.com

Pronouns: He/Him

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 16:04 - Oct 31 with 1703 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.autoroutes.fr/index.htm?lang=en

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 17:13 - Oct 31 with 1633 viewsPilgrimblue

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 16:04 - Oct 31 by factual_blue

https://www.autoroutes.fr/index.htm?lang=en

Auto routes are very good but if you've got more time try Green Routes which are well signposted and offer enjoyable ride.
Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 17:27 - Oct 31 with 1614 viewsbluelagos

If you go via Belgium and Germany, there are no tolls or speed limits when on the autobahns. Better for Swiss/Austrian Alps than for French Alps but worth 2 mins checking if it works. You can also go via the Harwich and get an early start in Holland.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 12:51 - Nov 1 with 1441 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 13:11 - Nov 1 with 1428 viewsMaySixth

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 12:51 - Nov 1 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Thanks all

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 13:28 - Nov 1 with 1415 viewsElephantintheRoom

If you get a sanef tag you wont pay until the following month. But if you get a road map and avoid the toll roads you'll enjoy the trip a lot more..

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 14:21 - Nov 1 with 1390 viewsNo9

Apart from he info you have requested I recommend you check a few things with your insurers.
I offer this advice based on information I received from mine.
The UK's status in Europe may require you to carry certain documents e.g my insurers will issue a green card & holders of UK driving licences may need an International driving permit (available from the P.O.) + there may be different permits for different countries.

I don't know why this has not come from HMG but as it came from an insurer I would encourage you to seek your own insurers advice rather than be found to be driving in Euope without insurance.
Login to get fewer ads

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 16:18 - Nov 1 with 1360 viewsSamWhiteUK

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 15:46 - Oct 31 by Darth_Koont

No. But clearly an opening for this site:

forwhothetollbills.com

Ahem...

*whom
Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 16:28 - Nov 1 with 1355 viewsDarth_Koont

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 16:18 - Nov 1 by SamWhiteUK

Ahem...

*whom

Absolutely right.

I thought I'd written "whom", honest!

Pronouns: He/Him

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 18:03 - Nov 1 with 1297 viewsFreddies_Ears

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 14:21 - Nov 1 by No9

Apart from he info you have requested I recommend you check a few things with your insurers.
I offer this advice based on information I received from mine.
The UK's status in Europe may require you to carry certain documents e.g my insurers will issue a green card & holders of UK driving licences may need an International driving permit (available from the P.O.) + there may be different permits for different countries.

I don't know why this has not come from HMG but as it came from an insurer I would encourage you to seek your own insurers advice rather than be found to be driving in Euope without insurance.

If there's a Brexit deal with transition, then there would be no change to current arrangements. If there's a no deal, then you'll need an International Driving Licence as suggested above. ( The one that covers France is ok for many countries, but not Spain - that needs a different one!).

If there is a no deal Brexit before you go, be prepared for a lousy journey to Folkestine / Dover. Might be worth considering Harwich - Hook, though that does add two hours to the drive to the alps.
Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 18:18 - Nov 1 with 1288 viewsbluelagos

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 18:03 - Nov 1 by Freddies_Ears

If there's a Brexit deal with transition, then there would be no change to current arrangements. If there's a no deal, then you'll need an International Driving Licence as suggested above. ( The one that covers France is ok for many countries, but not Spain - that needs a different one!).

If there is a no deal Brexit before you go, be prepared for a lousy journey to Folkestine / Dover. Might be worth considering Harwich - Hook, though that does add two hours to the drive to the alps.

But is saves you 2 hours driving to Dover ;-)

I often use the crossing and catch up with mates going via Calais. Usually an hour later arriving but much fresher due to their 4am start.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 11:06 - Nov 2 with 1143 viewsPinewoodblue

Driving from Calais to The French Alps on 18:03 - Nov 1 by Freddies_Ears

Before we joined The Common Market the only Western European county you needed an IDP for was Spain.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024