Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... 14:19 - Nov 1 with 3761 viewshomer_123

Evening Standard has Johnson 17 points ahead

The Guardian is showing a 14 day tracker of all GB polls....in the most recent (last few days) the Tories are between 11 and 17 points ahead.

My vote is going to be another 'wasted' vote this election and now, more than ever, it needs to count.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 14:22 - Nov 1 with 3735 viewschicoazul

Polls are not utterly worthless. Polling companies have to be good at what they do since the vast majority of what they do is for businesses who want to sell their products. Politically, polls are used to influence opinion not measure it

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 14:24 - Nov 1 with 3726 viewslowhouseblue

i wouldn't take any poll seriously. no one has the faintest idea how to model this election.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 14:44 - Nov 1 with 3687 viewsNotSure

2 years ago polling picked up the Labour resurgence as the election came to an end.
Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 16:13 - Nov 1 with 3556 viewsBigManBlue

Don't doubt the general accuracy of those numbers but even the main parties seem a bit in the dark as to how they'll translate into seats with FPTP. Can't imagine we've ever really had an election with 4 parties looking at taking 15%+ of total votes so I'm not surprised nobody's totally sure how the system will work this time around.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2019 16:14]

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 16:24 - Nov 1 with 3523 viewswkj

Apparently the halloween song from JRM really boosted the tory points.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 18:29 - Nov 1 with 3382 viewsgerryitfc

They probably ain't far out . I'm traditionally a labour voter but the thought of Corbyn as prime minister and Abbott in the cabinet scares me to death. In any other time the tories would be wiped out but the labour party is such a shambles it won't happen. British politics is at its lowest ebb.
Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 19:00 - Nov 1 with 3337 viewsBlueinBrum

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 18:29 - Nov 1 by gerryitfc

They probably ain't far out . I'm traditionally a labour voter but the thought of Corbyn as prime minister and Abbott in the cabinet scares me to death. In any other time the tories would be wiped out but the labour party is such a shambles it won't happen. British politics is at its lowest ebb.

As a ‘labour voter’, how can you possibly in a million years be more afraid of that than of
Alexander Boris De Pfeffel Johnson, Priti Patel, Dominic Raab and Jacob Rees-Mogg?!

A collection of right wing headbangers who would happily send us all back to the workhouse.

God help us.
Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 19:08 - Nov 1 with 3311 viewsgerryitfc

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 19:00 - Nov 1 by BlueinBrum

As a ‘labour voter’, how can you possibly in a million years be more afraid of that than of
Alexander Boris De Pfeffel Johnson, Priti Patel, Dominic Raab and Jacob Rees-Mogg?!

A collection of right wing headbangers who would happily send us all back to the workhouse.

God help us.

I'm afraid of both parties.
Login to get fewer ads

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 19:15 - Nov 1 with 3299 viewsBlueinBrum

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 19:08 - Nov 1 by gerryitfc

I'm afraid of both parties.

Corbyn wouldn’t be my first choice either. But I really urge you to think about which of these parties has the better intentions for normal people. Even the financial press is backing a Corbyn government as preferable for the country to a right-wing frenzy under Johnson et al.
Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 19:20 - Nov 1 with 3281 viewsvilanovablue

Worth pointing out May had a 20 point lead in 2017...
Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 19:36 - Nov 1 with 3229 viewsgerryitfc

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 19:15 - Nov 1 by BlueinBrum

Corbyn wouldn’t be my first choice either. But I really urge you to think about which of these parties has the better intentions for normal people. Even the financial press is backing a Corbyn government as preferable for the country to a right-wing frenzy under Johnson et al.

Please define "normal people".
Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 19:45 - Nov 1 with 3215 viewsmanchego

This is that odd argument which argues that Corbyn "the unknown" has to be worse than the evidently and obviously Tory / Johnson Govt which we KNOW FOR A FACT is dreadful.

FFS

This is now bad.
Right.
And you want to argue that another way is worse ?
Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:00 - Nov 1 with 3185 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 19:20 - Nov 1 by vilanovablue

Worth pointing out May had a 20 point lead in 2017...

...and won the election

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:01 - Nov 1 with 3181 viewsitfcjoe

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:00 - Nov 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

...and won the election

Did she?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:04 - Nov 1 with 3176 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:01 - Nov 1 by itfcjoe

Did she?

Conservatives - 317 seats and formed government
Labour - 262 seats
Others - 71 seats

So yes

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:14 - Nov 1 with 3136 viewsm14_blue

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:04 - Nov 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Labour - 262 seats
Others - 71 seats

So yes

A Pyrrhic victory though.

A similar result this time round would be catastrophic for the Tories.
Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:18 - Nov 1 with 3124 viewsnoggin

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:14 - Nov 1 by m14_blue

And the country.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:18 - Nov 1 with 3124 viewsPecker

I would say that he is at least 20 points ahead.
Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:23 - Nov 1 with 3111 viewsgerryitfc

But where do labour go. If they don't win this election ,which they won't, then surely Corbyn et al are finished. The shadow opposition must be the worst in living memory if they don't have the support to rid this country of the worst Tory government for a long long time.
Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:27 - Nov 1 with 3091 viewsnoggin

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:18 - Nov 1 by Pecker

I would say that he is at least 20 points ahead.

Is that from your own polling?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:30 - Nov 1 with 3083 viewsitfcjoe

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:04 - Nov 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Labour - 262 seats
Others - 71 seats

So yes

They went in with a majority and came out struggling to put together a minority government, there were no winners

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:44 - Nov 1 with 3055 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

A similar result would see the Tories gain 19 seats

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:45 - Nov 1 with 3051 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 20:30 - Nov 1 by itfcjoe

They went in with a majority and came out struggling to put together a minority government, there were no winners

They won the most seats and formed a government - therefore they won the election

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 21:34 - Nov 1 with 2967 viewsBlueBadger

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 19:36 - Nov 1 by gerryitfc

Please define "normal people".

People who don't send wedding photos to people they've never met?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Polls (utterly worthless as we all know) but... on 21:40 - Nov 1 with 2941 viewstrueblue1970

Corbyn would never vote for him, Labours best chance of getting back in and they have him in charge get rid they would win by a mile
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024