Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More Poppy News 14:50 - Nov 7 with 3306 viewsSpruceMoose

This seems to be an odd thing to get worked up about, when there are so many other, far more corporate entities, co-opting the poppy these days. As far as I'm concerned, anyone buying a poppy should do all they can to ensure their money is going to charity, not into someone's pocket.

Seriously though, reading his quotes, it sounds like the poor bloke needs some counselling.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/veteran-s-anger-at-rainbow-poppy-1-6363070
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 14:52]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

More Poppy News on 14:53 - Nov 7 with 2618 viewsfooters

So there have never been any LGBTQ soldiers? Interesting.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

More Poppy News on 14:55 - Nov 7 with 2603 viewsSpruceMoose

More Poppy News on 14:53 - Nov 7 by footers

I can understand being angry about not just one, but two good causes here being exploited by someone to make money, but if the vast majority of the money is going to charity then I don't see the issue.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 14:55]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

More Poppy News on 14:56 - Nov 7 with 2588 viewsGaryCooper

More Poppy News on 14:53 - Nov 7 by footers

I'm aware of the REME, the RA the SAS and the TA but not the regiment you mention.
More Poppy News on 14:58 - Nov 7 with 2583 viewsSpruceMoose

More Poppy News on 14:56 - Nov 7 by GaryCooper

I'm aware of the REME, the RA the SAS and the TA but not the regiment you mention.

He didn't mention regiments though. Soldiers was what dear old Footers mentioned!

More Poppy News on 15:00 - Nov 7 with 2570 viewswkj

I am very disappointed by the comments section thus far. So far there have been no mention of why the Muslims are to blame.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

More Poppy News on 15:01 - Nov 7 with 2561 viewsfactual_blue

More Poppy News on 14:55 - Nov 7 by SpruceMoose

I can understand being angry about not just one, but two good causes here being exploited by someone to make money, but if the vast majority of the money is going to charity then I don't see the issue.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 14:55]

I don't think these rainbow poppies have an RBL connection.

The ire should be directed at the entrepreneural capigtalists who are first creating and then exploiting a gap in the market.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

More Poppy News on 15:03 - Nov 7 with 2552 viewsSpruceMoose

More Poppy News on 15:01 - Nov 7 by factual_blue

I don't think these rainbow poppies have an RBL connection.

The ire should be directed at the entrepreneural capigtalists who are first creating and then exploiting a gap in the market.

Exactly. Like I said above, not one but two good causes seem to be being exploited here. Sadly, I don't think that will be what some folk will be really upset about.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 15:03]

More Poppy News on 15:03 - Nov 7 with 2552 viewsBlueBadger

He's clearly forgotten how one of the greatest heroes of WWII was treated over his sexuality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

More Poppy News on 15:04 - Nov 7 with 2540 viewsSpruceMoose

More Poppy News on 15:03 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

He's clearly forgotten how one of the greatest heroes of WWII was treated over his sexuality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing

I don't blame the fella in the article. It seems like he is facing some significant challenges of his own. It's just unfortunate that his suffering seems like it is being exploited by a group of online trolls who have a different act to grind.

More Poppy News on 15:12 - Nov 7 with 2520 viewsfactual_blue

More Poppy News on 15:00 - Nov 7 by wkj

I am very disappointed by the comments section thus far. So far there have been no mention of why the Muslims are to blame.

The comment here almost gets there...

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/2019-general-election-bury-pact-1-6362590

#gammonbingo

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

More Poppy News on 15:56 - Nov 7 with 2452 viewsFtnfwest

Indeed. If people choose to only remember LGBT people to the exclusion of everyone else that's their choice.
More Poppy News on 16:44 - Nov 7 with 2407 viewshampstead_blue

I'm with the soldier on this one.

Poppy day has a colour and that is red. If you want to celebrate your day then crack-on but I'm afraid as an injured veteran who doesn't have the MC but I've a few medals, I stick-up for the tradition of poppy day.

Someone mentioned entrepreneurs making money selling poppies, that sucks big time.

Maybe we need to just buy from Regimental charities and the RBL. I do

And the OP who says the soldier needs some counselling, you need to put that into context as it could easily be read as patronising. Make it clear please.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

More Poppy News on 16:44 - Nov 7 with 2404 viewswkj

More Poppy News on 15:12 - Nov 7 by factual_blue

The comment here almost gets there...

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/2019-general-election-bury-pact-1-6362590

#gammonbingo

That was a gooden!

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

More Poppy News on 16:49 - Nov 7 with 2394 viewsfooters

More Poppy News on 16:44 - Nov 7 by hampstead_blue

Poppy day has a colour and that is red. If you want to celebrate your day then crack-on but I'm afraid as an injured veteran who doesn't have the MC but I've a few medals, I stick-up for the tradition of poppy day.

Someone mentioned entrepreneurs making money selling poppies, that sucks big time.

And the OP who says the soldier needs some counselling, you need to put that into context as it could easily be read as patronising. Make it clear please.

"Poppy day"?! FFS. If it means so much to you at least call it by its proper name.

More Poppy News on 16:51 - Nov 7 with 2381 viewsJ2BLUE

More Poppy News on 16:49 - Nov 7 by footers

"Poppy day"?! FFS. If it means so much to you at least call it by its proper name.

48 days until Presents Day!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

More Poppy News on 16:53 - Nov 7 with 2375 viewsStokieBlue

Does it really matter though?

If people buy red, rainbow or god-forbid yellow and green poppies is it a big deal as long as the money is getting to the right place?

You can still buy a red one if you like.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

More Poppy News on 16:54 - Nov 7 with 2363 viewsSpruceMoose

No I don't. Please don't twist my words. I meant exactly what I said.

More Poppy News on 16:56 - Nov 7 with 2355 viewsfooters

More Poppy News on 16:51 - Nov 7 by J2BLUE

48 days until Presents Day!

Not for you. Father Christmas can see what you do at night under the duvet.

More Poppy News on 16:57 - Nov 7 with 2343 viewsJ2BLUE

More Poppy News on 16:56 - Nov 7 by footers

Not for you. Father Christmas can see what you do at night under the duvet.

Why does he watch every night?

Truly impaired.

More Poppy News on 16:58 - Nov 7 with 2339 viewsSpruceMoose

More Poppy News on 16:57 - Nov 7 by J2BLUE

Why does he watch every night?

Got a Nest camera with your name on it hidden in the light fixture.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 16:58]

More Poppy News on 16:59 - Nov 7 with 2328 viewsJ2BLUE

More Poppy News on 16:58 - Nov 7 by SpruceMoose

Got a Nest camera with your name on it hidden in the light fixture.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 16:58]

So that's how he sees when you are sleeping and knows when you're awake...

Truly impaired.

More Poppy News on 17:01 - Nov 7 with 2325 viewsJ2BLUE

81% don't support the rainbow poppy on the Star site.

Interesting.

Truly impaired.

More Poppy News on 17:03 - Nov 7 with 2317 viewsSpruceMoose

More Poppy News on 17:01 - Nov 7 by J2BLUE

81% don't support the rainbow poppy on the Star site.

Interesting.

I'd be interested to see if 81% also wouldn't support an ITFC poppy.

If I had to guess I'd think there would a lot fewer people with an issue with it.

More Poppy News on 17:03 - Nov 7 with 2309 viewshampstead_blue

More Poppy News on 16:53 - Nov 7 by StokieBlue

Does it really matter though?

If people buy red, rainbow or god-forbid yellow and green poppies is it a big deal as long as the money is getting to the right place?

You can still buy a red one if you like.

SB

I hear you but I'm just old fashioned on this one.
I'm not angry at the different colours, that's reserved for those who make money selling them.

I agree we should buy from the right places which is what my family does.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

More Poppy News on 17:03 - Nov 7 with 2308 viewsSpruceMoose

More Poppy News on 16:59 - Nov 7 by J2BLUE

So that's how he sees when you are sleeping and knows when you're awake...

More to the point, he's extra concerned about what you and blow up Maggie get up to while you're awake.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024