Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jon Ashworth on Andrew Neil embarrassing. 20:05 - Nov 13 with 1125 viewsBloomBlue

It was unreal. John McDonnell saying earlier today the 4 day working week would definitely be coming in within 10 years for all including NHS, Ashworth then again tries to counter argue it by saying no we will negotiate with the NHS it's possible it won't come in for the NHS. Clearly the shadow cabinet isnt talking.

Ashworth then looked completely bemused and defeated by Neil's questions on the topic of removing all traces of privatisation from the NHS

One step forward three steps back.

The whole GE is a joke.

Jon Ashworth on Andrew Neil embarrassing. on 20:09 - Nov 13 with 1098 viewsDubtractor

Agree with you on that last point.

And whilst I am a Labour voter, prob my biggest frustration with the current lot is that they are trying to offer literally everything possible from a left wing utopia perspective. It makes it too easy for people to criticise them for reckless spending.

There are lots of things that need sorting, and need sorting really quickly. Re nationalising utilities or rail for example are not in that category for me, much as I feel that they should never have been privatised to enable foreign companies to run all our utilities and railways!
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 20:48]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Jon Ashworth on Andrew Neil embarrassing. on 20:12 - Nov 13 with 1066 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anything that is being offered "in 10 years" really is irrelevant. It would be an election promise for a future election (at the current rate around 5 elections time).

No one will agree entirely with everything a party offers but voters need to look at what is the best package overall.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Jon Ashworth on Andrew Neil embarrassing. on 20:32 - Nov 13 with 1026 viewsBloomBlue

Jon Ashworth on Andrew Neil embarrassing. on 20:09 - Nov 13 by Dubtractor

Agree with you on that last point.

And whilst I am a Labour voter, prob my biggest frustration with the current lot is that they are trying to offer literally everything possible from a left wing utopia perspective. It makes it too easy for people to criticise them for reckless spending.

There are lots of things that need sorting, and need sorting really quickly. Re nationalising utilities or rail for example are not in that category for me, much as I feel that they should never have been privatised to enable foreign companies to run all our utilities and railways!
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 20:48]

I agree the thing I find so frustrating is the whole 4 day idea does make sense but if you cannot agree the precise details and a consolidated message we all know it shouts 'incompetence'.
Jon Ashworth on Andrew Neil embarrassing. on 20:41 - Nov 13 with 1004 viewsSwansea_Blue

Am I right I’m thinking this isn’t the first time we’ve had the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing in the shadow cabinet? I’m sure we’ve had contradictions and corrections before, but can’t remember what.

They need to sort it out as the idea seems pretty sound. All depends on the detail though. Do you move more towards a hourly rate for more jobs, with less permanency, is it condensed hours, more job shares, etc?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jon Ashworth on Andrew Neil embarrassing. on 20:51 - Nov 13 with 970 viewsBloomBlue

Jon Ashworth on Andrew Neil embarrassing. on 20:41 - Nov 13 by Swansea_Blue

Am I right I’m thinking this isn’t the first time we’ve had the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing in the shadow cabinet? I’m sure we’ve had contradictions and corrections before, but can’t remember what.

They need to sort it out as the idea seems pretty sound. All depends on the detail though. Do you move more towards a hourly rate for more jobs, with less permanency, is it condensed hours, more job shares, etc?

It seems to be more around reduce hours to 32 across 4 days (4x8) with no pay reduction. But surely that would have to be across all industries, if some industries are 4 days and others like the NHS 5 days (5x8) dont you run a big risk those in 5 day industries jumping to those in 4 day industries.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024