Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calf Strain 19:07 - Nov 25 with 1127 viewsgainsboroughblue

I've been hampered by this now since mid September. I seemed to recover after a few days of first sustaining it, but then it flared up again about two weeks later and it has been bothering me since. Shooting pains, dull pains, unable to walk properly etc.

I have had some physio and am taking meds, doing stretches, using heat on affected area and doing massages etc. On reading up about calf strains, it seems recovery time is pretty much exceeded now. Getting very frustrated with it all.

Anybody had similar and have any tips to share?
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 19:08]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Calf Strain on 19:13 - Nov 25 with 1108 viewsLeoMuff

Maybe get them to scan ? Make sure it’s not your Achilles ? Have you given it some rest post injury ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Calf Strain on 19:18 - Nov 25 with 1104 viewsgainsboroughblue

Calf Strain on 19:13 - Nov 25 by LeoMuff

Maybe get them to scan ? Make sure it’s not your Achilles ? Have you given it some rest post injury ?

Ah yes. I've been referred for a scan.

In terms of rest, I had the first week after the recurrence. I worked from home the second week then returned the week after that.

I guess I may have not rested it 100% how I should but living alone, if you need to go out to get something or up to do anything, you have to do it yourself!

It's probably a patience thing but when you read online about how you should be recovered in a matter of weeks, it makes things worse.

Calf Strain on 19:24 - Nov 25 with 1091 viewsLeoMuff

Calf Strain on 19:18 - Nov 25 by gainsboroughblue

Ah yes. I've been referred for a scan.

In terms of rest, I had the first week after the recurrence. I worked from home the second week then returned the week after that.

I guess I may have not rested it 100% how I should but living alone, if you need to go out to get something or up to do anything, you have to do it yourself!

It's probably a patience thing but when you read online about how you should be recovered in a matter of weeks, it makes things worse.

Yes complete rest is impossible ! not sure what the physio had you doing but stretches too early could have set you back ?

The only Muff in Town.

Calf Strain on 19:28 - Nov 25 with 1086 viewsgainsboroughblue

Calf Strain on 19:24 - Nov 25 by LeoMuff

Yes complete rest is impossible ! not sure what the physio had you doing but stretches too early could have set you back ?

Funnily enough, post physio was the worst I felt. She did some deep tissue massage which was a real shock to the system. This was only a fortnight ago so it was quite a long time after injury first sustained. Next appointment is next week.

Calf Strain on 19:28 - Nov 25 with 1085 viewsconnorscontract

Maybe you should join Sheffield United, Teddy!
Calf Strain on 19:34 - Nov 25 with 1073 viewsLeoMuff

Calf Strain on 19:28 - Nov 25 by gainsboroughblue

Funnily enough, post physio was the worst I felt. She did some deep tissue massage which was a real shock to the system. This was only a fortnight ago so it was quite a long time after injury first sustained. Next appointment is next week.

If it’s not getting better or worse I would go back to resting with ice and elevation and wait for the scan.

The only Muff in Town.

Calf Strain on 20:57 - Nov 25 with 1029 viewsGeoffSentence

Rotate your workdays. Perhaps go into work 1 day every three weeks until you have recovered.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Calf Strain on 08:58 - Nov 26 with 969 viewsfergalsharkey

any other symtoms?

Poll: Cook out?

Login to get fewer ads

Calf Strain on 09:20 - Nov 26 with 955 viewsNthQldITFC

Calf Strain on 08:58 - Nov 26 by fergalsharkey

any other symtoms?

Are you taking the P?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Calf Strain on 09:26 - Nov 26 with 947 viewsfooters

Try picking up smaller cows at first, then steadily increase the weight.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024