Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing to see here 07:32 - Nov 26 with 35821 viewshampstead_blue

If, and if, JC was doing the right thing by the Jewish people in the Labour party, why would this venerable chap say this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50552068

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Nothing to see here on 07:49 - Nov 26 with 7948 viewsGlasgowBlue

“A new poison — sanctioned from the very top — has taken root in the Labour Party.”

“very soul of our nation is at stake”

“The way in which the leadership of the Labour Party has dealt with anti-Jewish racism is incompatible with the British values of which we are so proud”

"We sit powerless, watching with incredulity as supporters of the Labour leadership have hounded parliamentarians, party members and even staff out of the party for facing down anti-Jewish racism.

"Even as they received unspeakable threats against themselves and their families, the response of the Labour Leadership was utterly inadequate."

"When December 12th arrives, I ask every person to vote with their conscience."

Are the usual suspects going to now add the Chief Rabbi to the list that includes the EHRC, the Jewish Labour Movement and Hope Not Hate, as being part of the “Tory smear machine” or are they finally young to admit that Labour under Corbyn is nit fit for office?

I can think of at least three posters who are right now googling every statement, press release the Chief Rabbi has ever made or had, and looking up the jobs and any shareholdings of his family members in order to discredit him. What time can we Exocet the first attack.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 7:57]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Nothing to see here on 08:04 - Nov 26 with 7920 viewsMeadowlark

Nothing to see here on 07:49 - Nov 26 by GlasgowBlue

“A new poison — sanctioned from the very top — has taken root in the Labour Party.”

“The way in which the leadership of the Labour Party has dealt with anti-Jewish racism is incompatible with the British values of which we are so proud”

"We sit powerless, watching with incredulity as supporters of the Labour leadership have hounded parliamentarians, party members and even staff out of the party for facing down anti-Jewish racism.

"Even as they received unspeakable threats against themselves and their families, the response of the Labour Leadership was utterly inadequate."

Are the usual suspects going to now add the Chief Rabbi to the list that includes the EHRC, the Jewish Labour Movement and Hope Not Hate, as being part of the “Tory smear machine” or are they finally young to admit that Labour under Corbyn is nit fit for office?

I can think of at least three posters who are right now googling every statement, press release the Chief Rabbi has ever made or had, and looking up the jobs and any shareholdings of his family members in order to discredit him. What time can we Exocet the first attack.

I see the two usual suspects are jumping on the right-wing bandwagon again, repeating nonsense that they hope might cause some damage, and just parroting the tory media without thinking for themselves.
Or more dangerously, actually thinking for themselves and reaching the conclusion that suits their own narrative.
Nothing to see here on 08:05 - Nov 26 with 7916 viewsBrixtonBlue

We know and accept anti-semitism hasn't been dealt with swiftly enough by the Labour Party. He hasn't said anything new here.

Further, Labour have announced a "race and faith manifesto" as detailed at the end of the article, so they are attempting to address ALL racism.

We also have to remember this story is one person's view. The views of several individual Jews who have stated they don't feel worried under Corbyn have been posted on here and dismissed because it's only one person, so I don't see why this chap is any different.

Labour do at least appear to be trying to sort out their mess (and I appreciate this hasn't been anywhere near quickly or thoroughly enough) but the alternative is a Tory Party that just lies non-stop, about everything, and doesn't seem to care.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Nothing to see here on 08:08 - Nov 26 with 7906 viewsartsbossbeard

Importantly, what has Rachel had to say about it?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Nothing to see here on 08:12 - Nov 26 with 7893 viewsitfcjoe

I will be voting with my conscience, and it will be against this God awful Tory Government

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nothing to see here on 08:15 - Nov 26 with 7883 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nothing to see here on 08:08 - Nov 26 by artsbossbeard

Importantly, what has Rachel had to say about it?

She's making an airbrushed racism T-shirt as we speak.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Nothing to see here on 08:19 - Nov 26 with 7867 viewshampstead_blue

Nothing to see here on 08:04 - Nov 26 by Meadowlark

I see the two usual suspects are jumping on the right-wing bandwagon again, repeating nonsense that they hope might cause some damage, and just parroting the tory media without thinking for themselves.
Or more dangerously, actually thinking for themselves and reaching the conclusion that suits their own narrative.

Sorry about that.

I'm saying nothing.
The story was from that bastion of Tory media, the BBC. It's also R4 Today program.

We can expand if you like......

Former head of the SIS (MI6) stated that JC and his team are a clear and present danger to national security. If they applied for Developed Vetting (and the levels above, which are not disclosed) they would fail at the first hurdle.

So, you've the Chief Rabbi, the former head of SIS both saying that JC and his team are not fit to lead.

Happy to hear the defence.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Nothing to see here on 08:22 - Nov 26 with 7858 viewshampstead_blue

Nothing to see here on 08:05 - Nov 26 by BrixtonBlue

We know and accept anti-semitism hasn't been dealt with swiftly enough by the Labour Party. He hasn't said anything new here.

Further, Labour have announced a "race and faith manifesto" as detailed at the end of the article, so they are attempting to address ALL racism.

We also have to remember this story is one person's view. The views of several individual Jews who have stated they don't feel worried under Corbyn have been posted on here and dismissed because it's only one person, so I don't see why this chap is any different.

Labour do at least appear to be trying to sort out their mess (and I appreciate this hasn't been anywhere near quickly or thoroughly enough) but the alternative is a Tory Party that just lies non-stop, about everything, and doesn't seem to care.

"We also have to remember this story is one person's view."
He speaks for the Jewish community. He's the Chief Rabbi. #1

"Labour have announced a "race and faith manifesto"
Words on paper. Means nothing when the likes of the Chief Rabbi lift the lid and see roaches everywhere.......

Login to get fewer ads

Nothing to see here on 08:27 - Nov 26 with 7837 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nothing to see here on 08:22 - Nov 26 by hampstead_blue

"We also have to remember this story is one person's view."
He speaks for the Jewish community. He's the Chief Rabbi. #1

"Labour have announced a "race and faith manifesto"
Words on paper. Means nothing when the likes of the Chief Rabbi lift the lid and see roaches everywhere.......

I don't care if he's the King Of The World rabbi, he's still only one person.

And the race and faith manifesto has only just been launched, so his opinion has nothing to do with that.

Nothing to see here on 08:27 - Nov 26 with 7833 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nothing to see here on 08:05 - Nov 26 by BrixtonBlue

“One person’s view”.

Add that one person’s view to that of 85% of British Jews, the Board of Deputies, the Jewish Labour Movement and the three leading Jewish newspapers in this country.

But here is a circle you are unable to square. In a recent discussion on the subject of LGBT yiu kept saying that the speakers man for LGBT rights should be be believed as they were far more knowledgable about the subject than somebody posting in here. The Chief Rabbi is very much a spokesman for British Jews. Why don’t you accept e knows more about this subject than you?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Nothing to see here on 08:29 - Nov 26 with 7825 viewsfooters

Does Corbyn rent or own the space in your head? Quite sweet how often some of y'all spend thinking about him.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nothing to see here on 08:33 - Nov 26 with 7807 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nothing to see here on 08:27 - Nov 26 by GlasgowBlue

“One person’s view”.

Add that one person’s view to that of 85% of British Jews, the Board of Deputies, the Jewish Labour Movement and the three leading Jewish newspapers in this country.

But here is a circle you are unable to square. In a recent discussion on the subject of LGBT yiu kept saying that the speakers man for LGBT rights should be be believed as they were far more knowledgable about the subject than somebody posting in here. The Chief Rabbi is very much a spokesman for British Jews. Why don’t you accept e knows more about this subject than you?

We weren't discussing what I know on this subject. I merely stated that it's one person in this article, and that he doesn't say anything new.

Why when others post the view of a Jew who doesn't have a problem with Corbyn is that not admissible, but this guy is?

Nothing to see here on 08:33 - Nov 26 with 7805 viewshampstead_blue

Nothing to see here on 08:27 - Nov 26 by BrixtonBlue

I don't care if he's the King Of The World rabbi, he's still only one person.

And the race and faith manifesto has only just been launched, so his opinion has nothing to do with that.

Please. He's the Chief Rabbi for crying out loud.
Dismissing him as just a bloke is a bit thin.

Is he the chosen one or just a very naughty boy?
I'm starting to worry about your devotion to him.

Nothing to see here on 08:35 - Nov 26 with 7792 viewshampstead_blue

Nothing to see here on 08:29 - Nov 26 by footers

Does Corbyn rent or own the space in your head? Quite sweet how often some of y'all spend thinking about him.

under the bed my dear thing.....Reds under the bed!!!!!!

Nothing to see here on 08:38 - Nov 26 with 7771 viewsfooters

Nothing to see here on 08:35 - Nov 26 by hampstead_blue

under the bed my dear thing.....Reds under the bed!!!!!!

Invite them in for a roll around... never know, you might enjoy it!

Nothing to see here on 08:41 - Nov 26 with 7756 viewsButterbing

I deplore all forms of racism. However, this does seem to be politically motivated. Any evidence provided always just seems to be a link to somebody’s opinion which links to another as evidence....and so on. Until I see some tangible evidence then I will continue to ignore this as a smear on the labour party taking form in the conflation of anti-israel, anti-zionism with anti-semitism. Ps. GlasgowBlue: please don’t take this as a plea for more of your “evidence”. I have read without comment your agenda posts and will not be entering into it with you.
Nothing to see here on 08:43 - Nov 26 with 7740 viewsartsbossbeard

Nothing to see here on 08:41 - Nov 26 by Butterbing

I deplore all forms of racism. However, this does seem to be politically motivated. Any evidence provided always just seems to be a link to somebody’s opinion which links to another as evidence....and so on. Until I see some tangible evidence then I will continue to ignore this as a smear on the labour party taking form in the conflation of anti-israel, anti-zionism with anti-semitism. Ps. GlasgowBlue: please don’t take this as a plea for more of your “evidence”. I have read without comment your agenda posts and will not be entering into it with you.

The official sign-off on such statements is:

I bid you good day.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Nothing to see here on 08:47 - Nov 26 with 7718 viewsSteve_M

He is, of course, correct. And the vociferous denials across social media by Labour supporters only serve to underline how too many are ignoring the problem.

However, the idea that many on the right are equally keen to propagate, that the anti-racism vote should go to the current incarnation of the Tory Party is just cognitive dissonance. The festering Islamophobia within the Tory party is as abhorrent as the antisemitism within the Labour Party.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nothing to see here on 08:49 - Nov 26 with 7709 viewsSomethingBlue

Powerful stuff about an acknowledged problem. Genuine question now: do you, like me and — actually — one or two Jewish people I know feel uneasy about the weight given to Labour's antisemitism issues in much of the media when set against the Tories' litany of Islamophobic and other racist scandals? I just feel it's important that none of us weaponise a religion to try and get the outcome we want.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 8:50]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Nothing to see here on 08:51 - Nov 26 with 7696 viewsStokieBlue

Regardless of whether you agree with him or not I don't think it's right for the religious leader of any denomination to single out specific parties or people during and election campaign in a secular country.

He could have made the same anti-racism points covering all forms of racism without specifically fingering one individual much like the archbishop did with fake news.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Nothing to see here on 08:51 - Nov 26 with 7689 viewsHARRY10

Nothing to see here on 08:27 - Nov 26 by GlasgowBlue

“One person’s view”.

"85% of British Jews"

Good to see someone has been round and asked them all...each and everyone

.......or perhaps it is just another case of a Tory lying yet again

and when you look at Johnson and the effects of an almost decade of austerity you can see why he, and they, need to
Nothing to see here on 08:56 - Nov 26 with 7655 viewsflimflam

This thread is showing a few posters up for what they really are.

Interesting how blinkered people are when defending their own agendas but happy to attack when on the other foot.

Current politics is in the gutter and issues like this need to be called out on all sides.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Nothing to see here on 08:56 - Nov 26 with 7648 viewsNo9

Nothing to see here on 08:19 - Nov 26 by hampstead_blue

Sorry about that.

I'm saying nothing.
The story was from that bastion of Tory media, the BBC. It's also R4 Today program.

We can expand if you like......

Former head of the SIS (MI6) stated that JC and his team are a clear and present danger to national security. If they applied for Developed Vetting (and the levels above, which are not disclosed) they would fail at the first hurdle.

So, you've the Chief Rabbi, the former head of SIS both saying that JC and his team are not fit to lead.

Happy to hear the defence.

"The story was from that bastion of Tory media, the BBC."

The BBC has, indeed since 2010 moved to the right - how much was due to the pressure applied by Osborne & Whittingdale we may never know.

What we do know no is there are a number of right wing producers & editors + presenters like Nick Robinson & Andrew Neil ensuring right wing organisations like Gyuide Fawkes and Taxpayers Alliance get a lot of air time + Iain Dale is hadly out of any political programmes.

The political programmes have become a source of disinformation NOT lies but avoiding facts
Nothing to see here on 09:06 - Nov 26 with 7585 viewsfooters

Nothing to see here on 08:51 - Nov 26 by StokieBlue

Regardless of whether you agree with him or not I don't think it's right for the religious leader of any denomination to single out specific parties or people during and election campaign in a secular country.

He could have made the same anti-racism points covering all forms of racism without specifically fingering one individual much like the archbishop did with fake news.

SB

Bit rich for an archbishop to come out against fake news, innit...

Nothing to see here on 09:08 - Nov 26 with 7575 viewsStokieBlue

Nothing to see here on 09:06 - Nov 26 by footers

Bit rich for an archbishop to come out against fake news, innit...

Good point :).

Although his response would be one is provably fake and one isn't.

Or he might just say:

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024