Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision 11:13 - Nov 27 with 3791 viewsMaySixth

they don't do it enough and it could help them influence the officials

[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 13:30]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 11:16 - Nov 27 with 3401 viewsSteve_M

Presumably someone got Ainsworth a copy of Eddie Howe's big book of sh1thousery for Christmas.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 11:23 - Nov 27 with 3385 viewsHerbivore

It was ridiculous. They didn't even know what they were appealing for for our disallowed goal. The goalie seemed to want a fictitious handball, the others just protested that there's no way a goal should be given against their team regardless of the laws of the game. Utterly incredible what went on last night.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 12:11 - Nov 27 with 3352 viewsbritbiker

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 11:16 - Nov 27 by Steve_M

Presumably someone got Ainsworth a copy of Eddie Howe's big book of sh1thousery for Christmas.

Wycombe are just a nasty little team who do it very well. Their game plan is working and unfortunately as usual we allowed ourselves to get drawn into it, albeit the Official's may have been some of the cause of that.

Their gameplan seems to be get as many players booked as possible and hope for a sending off or penalty, which seems to be working at the moment.

The card tally will catch up with them soon though.
Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 12:14 - Nov 27 with 3345 viewsITFC_Forever

Their number eleven made up for lost time when he came on as well... histrionics every time a Town player went near him, blatant dive in the box (Chambers rightly giving him an earful) and then earned himself a booking.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 12:15 - Nov 27 with 3338 viewsHerbivore

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 12:11 - Nov 27 by britbiker

Wycombe are just a nasty little team who do it very well. Their game plan is working and unfortunately as usual we allowed ourselves to get drawn into it, albeit the Official's may have been some of the cause of that.

Their gameplan seems to be get as many players booked as possible and hope for a sending off or penalty, which seems to be working at the moment.

Another key element of their game seemed to be not allowing the ball to stay in play for more than 30 seconds at a time. They were happy to give away freekicms to break the game up as well as just launching it out of play. They played zero football, I'm not sure they managed three consecutive passes in the whole game.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 12:18]

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 12:15 - Nov 27 with 3340 viewsSteve_M

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 12:14 - Nov 27 by ITFC_Forever

Their number eleven made up for lost time when he came on as well... histrionics every time a Town player went near him, blatant dive in the box (Chambers rightly giving him an earful) and then earned himself a booking.

He was the one who tripped Nolan in midfield wasn't he? Such an obvious booking yet not even given as a foul.

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 13:27 - Nov 27 with 3270 viewsRadlett_blue

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 11:16 - Nov 27 by Steve_M

Ainsworth was touted as a potential Town manager when we recruited Hurst & some did draw attention to the way he wanted his Wycombe side to perform.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 13:29 - Nov 27 with 3264 viewscrossyitfc

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 12:11 - Nov 27 by britbiker

Believe it or not before last night they had the lowest booking count in the league!
Login to get fewer ads

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 13:32 - Nov 27 with 3248 viewsMaySixth

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 11:23 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

It was ridiculous. They didn't even know what they were appealing for for our disallowed goal. The goalie seemed to want a fictitious handball, the others just protested that there's no way a goal should be given against their team regardless of the laws of the game. Utterly incredible what went on last night.

Spot on.

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 13:33 - Nov 27 with 3240 viewsReuser_is_God

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 12:14 - Nov 27 by ITFC_Forever

Christ he was a monumental bellend

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 13:36 - Nov 27 with 3229 viewsMaySixth

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 13:33 - Nov 27 by Reuser_is_God

Christ he was a monumental bellend

Scott Kashket

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 13:58 - Nov 27 with 3207 viewsITFC_Forever

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 12:15 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

Another key element of their game seemed to be not allowing the ball to stay in play for more than 30 seconds at a time. They were happy to give away freekicms to break the game up as well as just launching it out of play. They played zero football, I'm not sure they managed three consecutive passes in the whole game.

There was one passage of play towards the end where Wycombe suddenly popped half-a-dozen one / two touch passes around in our half and we couldn't get near them.

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 14:01 - Nov 27 with 3193 viewsHerbivore

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 13:58 - Nov 27 by ITFC_Forever

There was one passage of play towards the end where Wycombe suddenly popped half-a-dozen one / two touch passes around in our half and we couldn't get near them.

I must have blocked that out. For most of the game I wasn't sure they were even playing football.

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 14:16 - Nov 27 with 3164 viewsDyland

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 11:23 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

"... the others just protested that there's no way a goal should be given against their team regardless of the laws of the game."

Exactly that. Extraordinary and pathetic and embarrassing stuff. The ref was totally sh1t throughout but let's not lose sight of this Wycombe team. I really, really hope we do one on them at their place. If it comes about by dubious means all the better. Football's great innit.

Others have commented that Town should be more streetwise, and be in the ref's ear more. I don't disagree, but it goes up to a point doesn't it? I'd hate our club to have teams that behaved as ludicrously as what I highlight above. It's a game ffs.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 14:23 - Nov 27 with 3136 viewsITFC_Forever

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 13:36 - Nov 27 by MaySixth

Scott Kashket

That's the one.

The sort of irritating little scrote that wouldn't last five minutes on a Sunday before getting booted up in the air. Very hard.

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 14:48 - Nov 27 with 3092 viewsitfcjoe

I really wasn't bothered by their style at all, all sides play differently and to their strengths and have a small budget etc.

But their histrionics, and diving, and surrounding the ref, and appealing everything OTT - I couldn't watch that every week, genuinely if we played like that I wouldn't bother, it's just awful to see.

The disallowed 'goal' they are all appealing for what? they don't know or care but it works, Donacien's booking in the first half the way they all flew over to the ref trying to get a red.

The timewasting was from minute 1, the keeper had been guilty of it a number of times, then walked the ball away when we were trying to get it back off him, ref still just warns him. He then warns Akinfenwa for persistent fouling and pints at about 7 offences - I thought he was trying to land a plane at Heathrow they amount his arms were going at that point!

A weak ref, and a horrible cynical team - I wasn't around in the 80s but from what I hear and read they just strike me as a modern day Wimbledon - an underdog that are impossible to like.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 14:57 - Nov 27 with 3062 viewsSteve_M

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 14:48 - Nov 27 by itfcjoe

I really wasn't bothered by their style at all, all sides play differently and to their strengths and have a small budget etc.

But their histrionics, and diving, and surrounding the ref, and appealing everything OTT - I couldn't watch that every week, genuinely if we played like that I wouldn't bother, it's just awful to see.

The disallowed 'goal' they are all appealing for what? they don't know or care but it works, Donacien's booking in the first half the way they all flew over to the ref trying to get a red.

The timewasting was from minute 1, the keeper had been guilty of it a number of times, then walked the ball away when we were trying to get it back off him, ref still just warns him. He then warns Akinfenwa for persistent fouling and pints at about 7 offences - I thought he was trying to land a plane at Heathrow they amount his arms were going at that point!

A weak ref, and a horrible cynical team - I wasn't around in the 80s but from what I hear and read they just strike me as a modern day Wimbledon - an underdog that are impossible to like.

They reminded me very much of John Beck's Cambridge team. The match we lost at home in November 1991 was similarly frustrating.

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 16:10 - Nov 27 with 2962 viewsmanagement

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 14:57 - Nov 27 by Steve_M

They reminded me very much of John Beck's Cambridge team. The match we lost at home in November 1991 was similarly frustrating.

During the game I had exactly the same thought process, Cambridge United back in 91, just waiting for a Wycombe equivalent of Steve Claridge to wheel away celebrating the scrappiest of goals. Fair to say an evening ruined by the most inept refereeing performance along with the remarkably weak Linesman who is been fast tracked(God Help us).
Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 16:15 - Nov 27 with 2951 viewsSamWhiteUK

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 14:48 - Nov 27 by itfcjoe

The fact Akinfenwa only got booked in about the 91st minute was astonishing. There was a period where every time the ball went near him the ref blew up for a foul, and yet he escaped a card for that long. Baffling.

You have to laugh, or you'll cry
Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 16:18 - Nov 27 with 2937 viewsSteve_M

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 16:10 - Nov 27 by management

During the game I had exactly the same thought process, Cambridge United back in 91, just waiting for a Wycombe equivalent of Steve Claridge to wheel away celebrating the scrappiest of goals. Fair to say an evening ruined by the most inept refereeing performance along with the remarkably weak Linesman who is been fast tracked(God Help us).

Yep, an undeserved 0-1 defeat seemed inevitable the longer the second half went on. It would have been but for Holy.

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 16:26 - Nov 27 with 2915 viewsbritbiker

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 16:15 - Nov 27 by SamWhiteUK

The fact Akinfenwa only got booked in about the 91st minute was astonishing. There was a period where every time the ball went near him the ref blew up for a foul, and yet he escaped a card for that long. Baffling.

You have to laugh, or you'll cry

I knew he was big but it was like watching a grizzly bear on its hind legs. The bloke is a complete beast. Sort of liked him though. Doesn't appear to take himself to seriously as he must get abuse at every game.

Loved the 'Akinfenwa your tits are offside' chant. Not heard that one before.
Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 16:36 - Nov 27 with 2884 viewsbritbiker

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 12:15 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

I agree. I'd hate to think how many fouls there were and how much of the 90 minutes actual football was played.

We at least did try to play a passing game on a few occasions. Unfortunately there we're some bad passes out of play that helped kill the flow of the game.

Also cant remember many games recently when our midfielders have turned and actually run towards the opposition goal rather than always trying to get the ball out wide for the inevitable overhit cross. Thinking Lawrence may be the last one who consistantly ran directly to the goal.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 16:40]
Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 16:36 - Nov 27 with 2884 viewsBluearmy71

" Utterly incredible what went on last night. "

More like "fu*king criminal!!"

Never seen such p!ss poor officials in my 30 odd years attending Portman Road
Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 16:45 - Nov 27 with 2853 viewsbritbiker

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 16:18 - Nov 27 by Steve_M

Yep, an undeserved 0-1 defeat seemed inevitable the longer the second half went on. It would have been but for Holy.

Don't know if anyone else noticed Wolfie (i think) in the second half turn towards the useless linesman and grab at his own crutch as if to call him a c0ck. Was thinking the lino was going to report it to the ref and I think Wolfie had already been booked.
Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 20:53 - Nov 27 with 2769 viewspeterleeblue

Wycombe need to throw their arms in the air a bit more over every decision on 16:36 - Nov 27 by Bluearmy71

" Utterly incredible what went on last night. "

More like "fu*king criminal!!"

Never seen such p!ss poor officials in my 30 odd years attending Portman Road

Disappointing that the PGMOL appointed "up and coming" officials onto a top 2 fixture.
Normally even for League 1 some prem officials will be appointed if the game is big enough. Obviously it want near the end of the season enough to be considered big.

Regarding Wycombe they are this seasons Portsmouth and they blew up in the end. Fingers crossed it happens again.

Wycombe are not the only teams in this league playing this way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024