Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This climate debate 19:50 - Nov 28 with 2860 viewsDubtractor

Obviously all a bit pointless as a debate as they all largely agree with each other.

Corbyn comes across really well, regardless of your thoughts on his politics.

The Plaid Cymru leader is an absolute personality void!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This climate debate on 19:53 - Nov 28 with 2845 viewsJ2BLUE

So is Swinso

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This climate debate on 20:18 - Nov 28 with 2802 viewsfactual_blue

is boris there? Has he left his ditch to lie down in front of the earth-moving equipment at Heathrow?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This climate debate on 20:43 - Nov 28 with 2781 viewsBent_double

This climate debate on 20:18 - Nov 28 by factual_blue

is boris there? Has he left his ditch to lie down in front of the earth-moving equipment at Heathrow?

No, he was replaced by a melting block of ice.

At least I don't think it was Boris....difficult to tell.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

This climate debate on 22:07 - Nov 28 with 2734 viewsNthQldITFC

Yes, I thought Corbyn did come across well, and seemed to be comfortable on pretty much everything discussed, implying at least that he is genuine on the subject as a whole.

As you say, the broad consensus made it less of an Andrew Neil style attack dog spectacle, and more encouraging that at least some of our potential leaders are potentially capable of much needed rational cross-party co-operation.

Nice to see biodiversity get a good look in too, although disappointing that nobody spoke even briefly about human population growth, and the inevitable impact on both AGW, and on biodiversity (through, amongst other things, the appalling mantra "we need x00,000 new houses every year"). But that don't win no votes.

Disappointing lack of comment on here too.

Well done C4 and KGM.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This climate debate on 22:21 - Nov 28 with 2704 viewsEdmundo

This climate debate on 22:07 - Nov 28 by NthQldITFC

Yes, I thought Corbyn did come across well, and seemed to be comfortable on pretty much everything discussed, implying at least that he is genuine on the subject as a whole.

As you say, the broad consensus made it less of an Andrew Neil style attack dog spectacle, and more encouraging that at least some of our potential leaders are potentially capable of much needed rational cross-party co-operation.

Nice to see biodiversity get a good look in too, although disappointing that nobody spoke even briefly about human population growth, and the inevitable impact on both AGW, and on biodiversity (through, amongst other things, the appalling mantra "we need x00,000 new houses every year"). But that don't win no votes.

Disappointing lack of comment on here too.

Well done C4 and KGM.

Totally agree. But population control from a politician sounds a bit "Hitlery", you have to admit. 😁

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

This climate debate on 22:38 - Nov 28 with 2689 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

This climate debate on 22:21 - Nov 28 by Edmundo

Totally agree. But population control from a politician sounds a bit "Hitlery", you have to admit. 😁

Mao,s one child policy, China, implemented late 1970,s, ended 2016.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

This climate debate on 22:49 - Nov 28 with 2665 viewsClapham_Junction

This climate debate on 22:38 - Nov 28 by StochesStotasBlewe

Mao,s one child policy, China, implemented late 1970,s, ended 2016.

Quite impressive that he managed to implement it three years after his death.

By the time it was introduced, birth rates had already dropped hugely - possibly thanks to the two-child policy introduced at the start of the 1970s (which was under Mao) - and the reduction to one child had no significant effect on the birth rate (which actually went up slightly in the 1980s).
This climate debate on 22:54 - Nov 28 with 2644 viewsEwan_Oozami

This climate debate on 22:49 - Nov 28 by Clapham_Junction

By the time it was introduced, birth rates had already dropped hugely - possibly thanks to the two-child policy introduced at the start of the 1970s (which was under Mao) - and the reduction to one child had no significant effect on the birth rate (which actually went up slightly in the 1980s).

And one of the problems of the single child policy was that the population was being skewed towards boys, which ultimately would have been self-defeating....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

This climate debate on 23:02 - Nov 28 with 2620 viewsRyorry

This climate debate on 20:18 - Nov 28 by factual_blue

He "explained" (bumbled fluster-up) on BBC1 news that it wasn't his "business" or responsibility to be there, as other people were, so no need ...

Err, excuse me crime minister, you're supposed to be the Prime Minister, in charge of our policies on the most urgent crisis facing our planet right now - and you say that's not your business ...

Right, got it, you don't give a toss

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This climate debate on 07:15 - Nov 29 with 2499 viewsBlueBadger

This climate debate on 20:43 - Nov 28 by Bent_double

No, he was replaced by a melting block of ice.

At least I don't think it was Boris....difficult to tell.

One of them is an artificial construction that wilts rapidly under the harsh glare of newsroom lights and the other is a piece of art made out of ice.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This climate debate on 07:40 - Nov 29 with 2486 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

This climate debate on 22:49 - Nov 28 by Clapham_Junction

Apologies, Deng introduced one child policy.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

This climate debate on 07:50 - Nov 29 with 2473 viewsBloomBlue

Corbyn is always good when he's able to talk about things he feels comfortable with, it's when he's put under pressure he crumbles. He gets irritated, starts to roll his eyes and goes on the defence. He is not PM material and a large percentage of the public can see that.

Trouble is Bojo isnt any better, they both hate pressure.

The next two weeks will be more about what they dont say rather than saying anything as they will be more concerned about not making mistakes. So you will see them pick and choose when to appear.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 7:51]
This climate debate on 10:13 - Nov 29 with 2418 viewschicoazul

I didnt see this, but did the Maximum Leader attempt to square the climate agenda with his commitment to build 100,000 more houses and therefore presumably many new roads, sewers etc?
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 10:14]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This climate debate on 10:21 - Nov 29 with 2403 viewsSwansea_Blue

This climate debate on 07:50 - Nov 29 by BloomBlue

Corbyn is always good when he's able to talk about things he feels comfortable with, it's when he's put under pressure he crumbles. He gets irritated, starts to roll his eyes and goes on the defence. He is not PM material and a large percentage of the public can see that.

Trouble is Bojo isnt any better, they both hate pressure.

The next two weeks will be more about what they dont say rather than saying anything as they will be more concerned about not making mistakes. So you will see them pick and choose when to appear.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 7:51]

What a time to be a live. Voting for a 'leader' who hides the best.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This climate debate on 11:02 - Nov 29 with 2392 viewschicoazul

This climate debate on 10:13 - Nov 29 by chicoazul

I didnt see this, but did the Maximum Leader attempt to square the climate agenda with his commitment to build 100,000 more houses and therefore presumably many new roads, sewers etc?

But did he, Zed? I'm genuinely interested. What's the view from the Westminster Soviet on this?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

suq (n/t) on 11:05 - Nov 29 with 2385 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

suq (n/t) on 11:12 - Nov 29 with 2381 viewschicoazul

suq (n/t) on 11:05 - Nov 29 by Dyland

FOYFFC

This climate debate on 11:49 - Nov 29 with 2360 viewsNthQldITFC

I definitely think that's a pertinent question, irrespective of party allegiances.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

suq (n/t) on 11:50 - Nov 29 with 2360 viewsDyland

suq (n/t) on 11:12 - Nov 29 by chicoazul

FOYFFC

F?!

HFDY

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

This climate debate on 12:20 - Nov 29 with 2343 viewschicoazul

This climate debate on 11:49 - Nov 29 by NthQldITFC

I definitely think that's a pertinent question, irrespective of party allegiances.

TYB.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024