Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, the NHS is up for sale 11:20 - Nov 27 with 8350 viewsHARRY10

Which has a certain irony to it, as the very folk voting folk for it....elderly Tory voters are the very ones who will suffer through rising drugs costs.

And with the numbers on non UK medical and care staff leaving the UK that particular problem is only going to worsen.

Cynics might suggest this is merely a ploy by the Tories to cut the costs by wthdrawing care and treatment for the elderly. Hard faced gits might add that they will have brought it upon themselves.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50572454

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:22 - Nov 27 with 4199 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...so the BBC hasnt analysed the dossier.

....I assume you have?

Suspect that the headline is misleading.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

or corbyn is fibbing on 11:23 - Nov 27 with 4188 viewslowhouseblue

https://order-order.com/2019/11/27/corbyns-redacted-negotiation-documents-dont-m

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:26 - Nov 27 with 4178 viewssmithy91

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:22 - Nov 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

....I assume you have?

A lot of flouncing on here about headlines this morning...

If you haven't read the documents, how can you know this was more than merely the US trying to play that card with the government resisting.

Tories have done some silly things, but this would be political suicide for the next election after this one. I don't think they are that stupid

The management and structure of the NHS needs serious review and change regardless of who is in power, its not just a fix to throw money at it.
The Labour government under Blair/Brown privatised parts of the NHS don't forget...
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 11:59]
So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:32 - Nov 27 with 4157 viewsHARRY10

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:22 - Nov 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

....I assume you have?

or.....

the BBC is merely quoting Labour

the quote marks are the give away
So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:34 - Nov 27 with 4140 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:32 - Nov 27 by HARRY10

or.....

the BBC is merely quoting Labour

the quote marks are the give away

Exactly, there is no substance, and yet you have taken it as proof.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:35 - Nov 27 with 4139 viewsflimflam

Its not or ever has been up for sale.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:39 - Nov 27 with 4122 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:35 - Nov 27 by flimflam

Likely conversation behind the scenes.

Momentum: 'Jeremy, heres a document that we can publicly state shows that the NHS is for sale'.

JC: 'Is that was it says?'

Momentum: 'well, lets just say, thats our interpretation'.

JC: 'So it doesnt say that?'

Momentum: 'it doesnt matter, the headlines will spread like fire on social media regardless, the followers will believe whatever we say. We can then release an apology later if we have to, the damage will be done'.

JC: 'OK'.

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:44 - Nov 27 with 4110 viewsHARRY10

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:34 - Nov 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Exactly, there is no substance, and yet you have taken it as proof.

Nope, another lie from your side as,

"“If you look at the readout of the second meeting, on page 51, UK officials report that ‘patent issues’ around ‘NHS access to generic drugs will be a key consideration’ in talks,” said Corbyn.
or
““You can also see on page 132 of the report of the fourth meeting, where drug patents are being discussed, that officials are ready to ‘exchange text’ which is trade-negotiator-speak for it being at a very advanced stage. And they say they are ready to, I quote, ‘really take significant further steps’.

Corbyn said the 451 pages of documents covered six rounds of talks from July 2017 to “just a few months ago”. He said the meetings took place in Washington and London.

it will be curious, if not amusing, to read your comments when more of this is revealed.....watch this space as they say
Login to get fewer ads

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:54 - Nov 27 with 4091 viewshomer_123

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:35 - Nov 27 by flimflam

You do realise that the majority of the NHS already resides within the private sector right?

Who runs 111?
Who runs health within the Prison service?
How are GPs and GP surgeries contracted?
How are many hospital buildings funded?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:00 - Nov 27 with 4076 viewsHARRY10

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:39 - Nov 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Momentum: 'Jeremy, heres a document that we can publicly state shows that the NHS is for sale'.

Momentum: 'it doesnt matter, the headlines will spread like fire on social media regardless, the followers will believe whatever we say. We can then release an apology later if we have to, the damage will be done'.

the desperation just oozes out, as anyone with half a brain would know that merely putting out the above thought has been enough

so why blow it all by making public your evidence if it is not correct ?

you Tories aren't too bright are you ?
So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:03 - Nov 27 with 4061 viewsflimflam

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:54 - Nov 27 by homer_123

You do realise that the majority of the NHS already resides within the private sector right?

Who runs 111?
Who runs health within the Prison service?
How are GPs and GP surgeries contracted?
How are many hospital buildings funded?

Ok I stand corrected but the idea that the USA will suddenly own the entire NHS is quite ludicrous.

Certain element have been contracted out and PFI is still crippling some trusts with 10's of billions still owed which was a Tory initiative which Labour carried on with bells and whistles.

Me personally am not totally against a private NHS if it is done properly and benefits everyone. But it is used a such a big stick to hit each other with that noone would dare even contemplate such a thing and we fudge it as always continually throwing money into a bottomless pit.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:05 - Nov 27 with 4057 viewsBloomBlue

So why does everyone assume it will be bad if it does happen?

Has anyone actually performed any sort of true comparison or is it a case of we'll say it's bad, so it must be bad.
So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:07 - Nov 27 with 4045 viewshomer_123

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:05 - Nov 27 by BloomBlue

Has anyone actually performed any sort of true comparison or is it a case of we'll say it's bad, so it must be bad.

What people need to start properly understanding is that the NHS is not free.

It is 'free at the point of service' but it still needs to be paid for but we choose to do it in a way that allows everyone to use said service.

Also, worth noting that pretty much all pioneering surgery and advances in said areas is NHS based - you simply won't find experimental surgery, procedures etc. under private healthcare.

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:08 - Nov 27 with 4029 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:00 - Nov 27 by HARRY10

the desperation just oozes out, as anyone with half a brain would know that merely putting out the above thought has been enough

so why blow it all by making public your evidence if it is not correct ?

you Tories aren't too bright are you ?

Its not hard to understand.

The initial claim makes huge headlines and gets in the sheep / voters minds.

The retraction goes unnoticed.

That's politics.

P.S. I am yet to decide who I'll vote for. Don't assume or presume. Just because I disagree with putting this kind of information out in an irresponsible way, doesn't make me a fan of Boris.

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:10 - Nov 27 with 4019 viewshomer_123

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:03 - Nov 27 by flimflam

Ok I stand corrected but the idea that the USA will suddenly own the entire NHS is quite ludicrous.

Certain element have been contracted out and PFI is still crippling some trusts with 10's of billions still owed which was a Tory initiative which Labour carried on with bells and whistles.

Me personally am not totally against a private NHS if it is done properly and benefits everyone. But it is used a such a big stick to hit each other with that noone would dare even contemplate such a thing and we fudge it as always continually throwing money into a bottomless pit.

Private healthcare and benefiting everyone is where the problem lies. How do you square that?

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:10 - Nov 27 with 4017 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:44 - Nov 27 by HARRY10

Nope, another lie from your side as,

"“If you look at the readout of the second meeting, on page 51, UK officials report that ‘patent issues’ around ‘NHS access to generic drugs will be a key consideration’ in talks,” said Corbyn.
or
““You can also see on page 132 of the report of the fourth meeting, where drug patents are being discussed, that officials are ready to ‘exchange text’ which is trade-negotiator-speak for it being at a very advanced stage. And they say they are ready to, I quote, ‘really take significant further steps’.

Corbyn said the 451 pages of documents covered six rounds of talks from July 2017 to “just a few months ago”. He said the meetings took place in Washington and London.

it will be curious, if not amusing, to read your comments when more of this is revealed.....watch this space as they say

Ha ha, hes quoted 3 pages of a 500 page document! lol

Context my friend, context.

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:11 - Nov 27 with 4014 viewsHARRY10

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:03 - Nov 27 by flimflam

That is just a collection of well worn cliches.

And if you want to see where profit overides clinical need you only have to look at the ramshackle almost third world health care system in the US, where huge sums are spent on administrating an over beauracratic insurance system that is aimed at benefitting it's shareholhers as with pet insurance in the UK.
So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:11 - Nov 27 with 4014 viewsBlueBadger

I think people are assuming it'll be bad because it's generally resulted in more paperwork, poorer quality and less joined-up care and no real savings.
Case in point: Serco and Suffolk Community Health services, Hinchinbrook hospital, domestic, catering and portering services across the country, radiology and scanning services across the country...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:13 - Nov 27 with 4003 viewsBlueBadger

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:07 - Nov 27 by homer_123

What people need to start properly understanding is that the NHS is not free.

It is 'free at the point of service' but it still needs to be paid for but we choose to do it in a way that allows everyone to use said service.

Also, worth noting that pretty much all pioneering surgery and advances in said areas is NHS based - you simply won't find experimental surgery, procedures etc. under private healthcare.

You won't anything involving any degree of risk and/or complication under the Efficient Private Sector. That's why Serco failed so disastrously with Suffolk Community Health - a complicated patient group with many and varied needs, spread across a wide rural area to start with and then then decided to made 1 in 10 staff cuts across the board.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:15 - Nov 27 with 3993 viewsBlueBadger

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:39 - Nov 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

The fact that current legislation, namely the 2012 Health and Social Care act, would(and has been) help enable this to happen is by-the by.

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:17 - Nov 27 with 3986 viewsEireannach_gorm

This might help you evaluate private Health Care

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:18 - Nov 27 with 3975 viewsArnieM

The NHS had been a two tiered system for years anyway. Nothing new here.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:18 - Nov 27 with 3973 viewsBlueBadger

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:10 - Nov 27 by homer_123

Private healthcare and benefiting everyone is where the problem lies. How do you square that?

The answer is 'it doesn't'. It will be ultimately more costly for everyone and lead to poorer healthcare for as close to everyone that it makes no difference.
As a nation, the US spend twice per capiita than we do over here for notably poorer outcomes and accesibility, particularly amongst the lower waged.
Medical bills are the leading cause of bankruptcy in the US.

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:20 - Nov 27 with 3963 viewsBlueBadger

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:18 - Nov 27 by ArnieM

The NHS had been a two tiered system for years anyway. Nothing new here.

*citation needed*

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:23 - Nov 27 with 3948 viewsHARRY10

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:13 - Nov 27 by BlueBadger

You won't anything involving any degree of risk and/or complication under the Efficient Private Sector. That's why Serco failed so disastrously with Suffolk Community Health - a complicated patient group with many and varied needs, spread across a wide rural area to start with and then then decided to made 1 in 10 staff cuts across the board.

To compete private health care has to undercut what happens at present. That can only be done by treating fewer patients or cutting staff costs. Usually a mix of the two.

As it is insurance based it leads to huge costs as hospitals use unnecessary procedures to earn money, and have to go through a myriad of hoops to reclaim payments etc.

If it was any good i would be used for the US armed forces. It isn't. They use a universal healthcare system as with the UK.

The blunt fact is that every pound taken out as a 'dividend' is a pound less for healthcare. And the vultures waiting are not coming here for 'a pound'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024