Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andrew Neil 19:49 - Dec 5 with 2992 viewsHARRY10

Just watched his interview with Farage.

Plenty of huff and puff from our 'man of the people' but Neil didn't see too minded to 'get out of second gear' as Farage came across as way out of his depth.

The iusual spin and confused thinking which undoubtedly will be seen as a master at work, much as a dog shoving draughts pweieces wityh his paw might be regardde as a chess grand master, if you are not too bright.

What was really cutting was Neil's piece to camera lamenting Johnson's ducking of an interview, and his pretty blatant explaination as to why.

When this link works then you can catch that pretty damning few minutes by fast forwarding to around 27 minites.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000byz7

Fair play Andrew Neil on 19:58 - Dec 5 with 2944 viewsDyland

Decent enough calling out.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Fair play Andrew Neil on 20:07 - Dec 5 with 2906 viewsBLUEGOLD

Fair play Andrew Neil on 19:58 - Dec 5 by Dyland

Decent enough calling out.

Imagine what the papers would say if it was Corbyn avoiding the interview.

What a cunit Johnson is.

How can anyone vote for him?
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 20:42]
Fair play Andrew Neil on 20:17 - Dec 5 with 2893 viewsDyland

Fair play Andrew Neil on 20:07 - Dec 5 by BLUEGOLD

What a cunit Johnson is.

"How can any of you vote for him?"

"You"???

Er, you're on TWTD mate ;) EDIT: As in, majority of the regular posters here clearly are NOT voting for Johnson.

All three "main" parties have very quickly, relatively at least, destroyed our Parliamentary democracy. Ho hum. Things change innit.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 21:34]

Fair play Andrew Neil on 20:23 - Dec 5 with 2862 viewsHARRY10

Fair play Andrew Neil on 20:17 - Dec 5 by Dyland

"You"???

Er, you're on TWTD mate ;) EDIT: As in, majority of the regular posters here clearly are NOT voting for Johnson.

All three "main" parties have very quickly, relatively at least, destroyed our Parliamentary democracy. Ho hum. Things change innit.

Destroyed our Parliamentary democracy ?

When in reality a fair number of MPs have fought tooth and nail to uphold the lawful democratic process of the UK, and been forced to use the judiciary to uphold the sovereignty of parliament.

You would do better to try and understand how parliament actually works rather than spout vacuous soundbites.
Fair play Andrew Neil on 20:24 - Dec 5 with 2854 viewsHARRY10

Fair play Andrew Neil on 20:07 - Dec 5 by BLUEGOLD

What a cunit Johnson is.

I think on the basis that as he has lied to pretty much everyone else previously he won't do it this time.

Of course not.
Fair play Andrew Neil on 20:27 - Dec 5 with 2840 viewsDyland

Fair play Andrew Neil on 20:23 - Dec 5 by HARRY10

Destroyed our Parliamentary democracy ?

When in reality a fair number of MPs have fought tooth and nail to uphold the lawful democratic process of the UK, and been forced to use the judiciary to uphold the sovereignty of parliament.

You would do better to try and understand how parliament actually works rather than spout vacuous soundbites.

Yes, they have/are/will. I'd rather call it a macro-analytical comment, or if you will, a historical soundbite from the future, rather than vacuous :)

I understand how it works. And I don't disagree with your second paragraph.

Andrew Neil on 21:12 - Dec 5 with 2757 viewsBloomBlue

I thought overall he handled Neil pretty well, although I did feel Neil wasn't going for it as much as he did some of the others probably because he knows Farage is never going to be PM or that his party will even get a single MP.

What has been clear based purely on the Neil interviews, Sturgeon is the only one who actually came across as PM material
Andrew Neil on 21:13 - Dec 5 with 2760 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Transcript of the end part here: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/bbcs-andrew-neil-savages-boris-johnson-in-

This is the last line:

"But the Prime Minister of our nation will at times have to stand up to President Trump, President Putin, President Xi of China. So we're surely not expecting too much that he spend half an hour standing up to me."

The idea he will do more damage to his vote share by answering questions than he can by avoiding them should ring alarm bells, surely?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Andrew Neil on 21:26 - Dec 5 with 2708 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just the final bit. Nice one AN. Spot on of course.

Doh, just seen it's already been posted in a nother thread. Too many threads on the same old balls
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 21:27]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Fair play Andrew Neil on 22:46 - Dec 5 with 2619 viewsHARRY10

Fair play Andrew Neil on 20:27 - Dec 5 by Dyland

Yes, they have/are/will. I'd rather call it a macro-analytical comment, or if you will, a historical soundbite from the future, rather than vacuous :)

I understand how it works. And I don't disagree with your second paragraph.

Or just plainly untrue, even if you are now changing your stance to include include the present or the future.

The UK has a representative democracy. Any failing is with those who chose not to engage with that process, but instead chose to metraphotically stick their fingers in their ears while rocking back and forth chanting " fake news".

And is those complaining about this so called end to democracy are not complaining about the barrage of lies before, and since, the referendum. Are not complaining about the threat to democracy that the almost daily stream of lies and misinformation currently being put out by the Tory party to subvert this election.

Nope, as those lies are acceptable, a 'justifiable' means to an end it would seem.
Andrew Neil on 00:37 - Dec 6 with 2556 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Andrew Neil on 21:12 - Dec 5 by BloomBlue

I thought overall he handled Neil pretty well, although I did feel Neil wasn't going for it as much as he did some of the others probably because he knows Farage is never going to be PM or that his party will even get a single MP.

What has been clear based purely on the Neil interviews, Sturgeon is the only one who actually came across as PM material

You're in a minority of 1 with that view. I wouldn't have Sturgeon or any of the SNP running a chip shop.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Andrew Neil on 06:45 - Dec 6 with 2475 viewsBlueBadger

Andrew Neil on 21:13 - Dec 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Transcript of the end part here: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/bbcs-andrew-neil-savages-boris-johnson-in-

This is the last line:

"But the Prime Minister of our nation will at times have to stand up to President Trump, President Putin, President Xi of China. So we're surely not expecting too much that he spend half an hour standing up to me."

The idea he will do more damage to his vote share by answering questions than he can by avoiding them should ring alarm bells, surely?

Yes, but the other bloke once attended a BILLY BRAGG concert.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Fair play Andrew Neil on 09:12 - Dec 6 with 2415 viewsDyland

Fair play Andrew Neil on 22:46 - Dec 5 by HARRY10

Or just plainly untrue, even if you are now changing your stance to include include the present or the future.

The UK has a representative democracy. Any failing is with those who chose not to engage with that process, but instead chose to metraphotically stick their fingers in their ears while rocking back and forth chanting " fake news".

And is those complaining about this so called end to democracy are not complaining about the barrage of lies before, and since, the referendum. Are not complaining about the threat to democracy that the almost daily stream of lies and misinformation currently being put out by the Tory party to subvert this election.

Nope, as those lies are acceptable, a 'justifiable' means to an end it would seem.

You've completely misunderstood me. My fault partly. My comment was the end of a rant in my head and didn't include clarification. Just a half cut internet post matey. I know how the system works, trust me on that one.

I didn't say "end to democracy" did I... and this is the nub of my rant. It's against those exact people and media outlets who e.g. said the judiciary had taken over.

Many people are dickwads, I agree, BUT the failing is also an inability of the opposition parties to effectively challenge, within the parameters of our system, the ridiculous self-interest sh1ishow governing party we've ever seen. Hence all three parties being culpable.

I agree the main issue is the plebiscite, and ignorance. Education has always been far and away the most important social issue to me. Then the NHS, closely followed by transport infrastructure and funding.

Fair play Andrew Neil on 11:59 - Dec 6 with 2326 viewsHARRY10

Fair play Andrew Neil on 09:12 - Dec 6 by Dyland

You've completely misunderstood me. My fault partly. My comment was the end of a rant in my head and didn't include clarification. Just a half cut internet post matey. I know how the system works, trust me on that one.

I didn't say "end to democracy" did I... and this is the nub of my rant. It's against those exact people and media outlets who e.g. said the judiciary had taken over.

Many people are dickwads, I agree, BUT the failing is also an inability of the opposition parties to effectively challenge, within the parameters of our system, the ridiculous self-interest sh1ishow governing party we've ever seen. Hence all three parties being culpable.

I agree the main issue is the plebiscite, and ignorance. Education has always been far and away the most important social issue to me. Then the NHS, closely followed by transport infrastructure and funding.

It appears between us we 'got it wrong' on this one.

Therefore accept my apologies.

(I do have a tendency to 'bark' when maybe it's not necessary)
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 12:14]
Fair play Andrew Neil on 12:07 - Dec 6 with 2314 viewsDyland

Fair play Andrew Neil on 11:59 - Dec 6 by HARRY10

It appears between us we 'got it wrong' on this one.

Therefore accept my apologies.

(I do have a tendency to 'bark' when maybe it's not necessary)
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 12:14]

No worries :)

Message boards innit, context is easily lost, and these are troubling times.

We're on the same side buddy.

Andrew Neil on 12:57 - Dec 6 with 2266 viewsWeWereZombies

Andrew Neil on 21:26 - Dec 5 by Swansea_Blue

Just the final bit. Nice one AN. Spot on of course.

Doh, just seen it's already been posted in a nother thread. Too many threads on the same old balls
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 21:27]

Have there been other threads on this subject?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Andrew Neil on 13:22 - Dec 6 with 2246 viewsHARRY10

Andrew Neil on 12:57 - Dec 6 by WeWereZombies

Have there been other threads on this subject?

theren have been others asking that question previously

do keep up
Andrew Neil on 13:35 - Dec 6 with 2220 viewsWeWereZombies

Andrew Neil on 13:22 - Dec 6 by HARRY10

theren have been others asking that question previously

do keep up

And the verdict was?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Andrew Neil on 13:37 - Dec 6 with 2218 viewsclive_baker

Confused thinking, definitely. That's the thing about Farage, he's charismatic, there's no doubt about that, and he's relatively articulate. When he's on a local news station wearing his barbour and with a pint in his hand, batting away bog standard questions he's fielded hundreds of times before he will appear comfortable enough, which sadly appeals to a certain cross section. Scratch beneath the surface and he's ALWAYS exposed as the charlatan that he is.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Fair play Andrew Neil on 13:47 - Dec 6 with 2200 viewschicoazul

Fair play Andrew Neil on 20:17 - Dec 5 by Dyland

"You"???

SUQ, we all know you're one of those Shy Tories we hear about all the time. HARRY10 has you bang to rights.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Fair play Andrew Neil on 13:50 - Dec 6 with 2186 viewsDyland

Fair play Andrew Neil on 13:47 - Dec 6 by chicoazul

SUQ, we all know you're one of those Shy Tories we hear about all the time. HARRY10 has you bang to rights.

SUR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024