Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Songs for players 08:02 - Dec 9 with 867 viewsJTRNB

I don't understand why we don't sing songs for any of our players at the moment. Someone did try and start off a rendition of "We all dream of a team of Tommy Smiths" on Saturday. We've got a squad full of home grown players but we don't even churn out the standard "Xy X he's one of our own".
With reported interest in Downes and Wolfenden surely we should try to make sure they know how much they are appreciated by the fans.
So, my two suggestions - based on old classic songs that I know have been suggested before and dismissed because the vocal youth support won't know them, but they are very simple and fit so well (I think).

Come on you Blues
Sing out his name
YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING LIKE OUR MIGHTY FLYNN

and

Ah-hoo
Wolfy of Ipswich

Couldn't be easier, surely?
Songs for players on 08:34 - Dec 9 with 844 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

This has been done to death on here. The problem is, our fans can't manage songs that aren't backed up by a repetitive drum beat and/or are more than 10 words.

Joe Garner was here for a year and already had a song and some fans still couldn't get it right by the time he left. I think it is time to accept that our numbers are exceptional but our noise is below average.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Songs for players on 11:20 - Dec 9 with 787 viewsTractorCam

Songs for players on 08:34 - Dec 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

This has been done to death on here. The problem is, our fans can't manage songs that aren't backed up by a repetitive drum beat and/or are more than 10 words.

Joe Garner was here for a year and already had a song and some fans still couldn't get it right by the time he left. I think it is time to accept that our numbers are exceptional but our noise is below average.

Norwood had a very popular song as gimps tried to replace it with 'Norwood's on fire' which then proceeded 1,000 recommendations across all social media platforms, majority being total nonsense. Now he is left songless.

Will Keane's on fire and Keano got a cameo on Saturday, so there's one player song.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Songs for players on 11:23 - Dec 9 with 782 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Songs for players on 11:20 - Dec 9 by TractorCam

Norwood had a very popular song as gimps tried to replace it with 'Norwood's on fire' which then proceeded 1,000 recommendations across all social media platforms, majority being total nonsense. Now he is left songless.

Will Keane's on fire and Keano got a cameo on Saturday, so there's one player song.

I just give up with our atmosphere at away games now. You get a good one every 10 games, but the majority are rubbish.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Songs for players on 11:32 - Dec 9 with 772 viewsTractorCam

Songs for players on 11:23 - Dec 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

I just give up with our atmosphere at away games now. You get a good one every 10 games, but the majority are rubbish.

The away end seems to have an impact, Pompey should be class for that.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Songs for players on 11:41 - Dec 9 with 773 viewsJTRNB

Songs for players on 11:23 - Dec 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

I thought the atmosphere was good on Saturday, flattened off a bit in the second half - maybe I was just in a noisy spot as others have complained. I also think the lack of the drum allows for more free-form chanting. Just frustrating that there were soooo many songs about Coventry's ground situation, which is fine in moderation for a bit of banter. Just don't understand why the same effort can't be put to chants that actually support our players, especially Downes and Wolfenden who are doing so well.
Songs for players on 11:59 - Dec 9 with 747 viewsgoperryrevs

If Jackson pushes on and starts scoring for fun, I'm up for rebranding DJ's old "Johnson, Johnson... Born is the King of Portman Road" what with it being Chrismas and all.
Songs for players on 12:46 - Dec 9 with 720 viewsBlue_Moses

Songs for players on 08:34 - Dec 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

It's an age/generation thing isn't it? I'm 41 now, in the 90s there was a song for almost every player
Songs for players on 16:20 - Dec 9 with 660 viewsSouperJim

Black Lace - Do The Conga

Do do doo, Idris El Mizouni
Do do doo, he scores goals for fun

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024