Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? 09:31 - Dec 9 with 1188 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He played his best football this season, when we were, as a left midfielder or a wing back.

I just don't think it works in a flat back four, I would rather have Kenlock and then Judge playing as a number 10, which I think is long overdue now. I remember when players used to play in their proper positions instead of shoehorning people in where they aren't effective.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 09:33 - Dec 9 with 1181 viewsMrTown

He's done well at left-back?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 09:35 - Dec 9 with 1169 viewschicoazul

Why do people keep going on about Judge. We are better without him.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 09:41 - Dec 9 with 1155 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 09:33 - Dec 9 by MrTown

I mean results were far better when he was laying left midfield?

So he may be doing alright, but as he was our main goal threat from midfield, surely he want to get the most out of him.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 09:49 - Dec 9 with 1132 viewsBluefish

As our areas of concern go this really isn't an issue.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 09:49 - Dec 9 with 1132 viewsgeg1992

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 09:41 - Dec 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

So he may be doing alright, but as he was our main goal threat from midfield, surely he want to get the most out of him.

Fully agree, hes done OK at left back but just OK.

He was fantastic at Left Midfield. Kenlock is more than capable of holding his own at this level surely. We've lacked an attacking threat in recent times, and I think this would be solved partially with him at left mid.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 09:52 - Dec 9 with 1125 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 09:33 - Dec 9 by MrTown

He has. He also did well when he was winning us games at Left Mid. I'd play him further up the pitch. Mind you with KVY out we're a bit light in full back/wing back positions, so I can see the benefit of having at least one strong player supporting the CBs. I can see the logic.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 09:54 - Dec 9 with 1122 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 09:49 - Dec 9 by Bluefish

As our areas of concern go this really isn't an issue.

I think our biggest issue is wingers ? Garbutt was playing well on the wing.

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 09:56 - Dec 9 with 1114 viewsMrTown

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 09:41 - Dec 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

I understand your point about him being a goal threat from midfield.

Think Judge is playing well at the moment though and is seemingly finding his old self again.

Login to get fewer ads

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 10:00 - Dec 9 with 1106 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Oxford fans said similar, not great at LB, but good going forward.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 10:04 - Dec 9 with 1098 viewsBluefish

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 09:54 - Dec 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

I think our biggest issue is wingers ? Garbutt was playing well on the wing.

We need to sort a formation and style before then. We started with a 433 on saturday and i think garbutt is better being lb in that formation. As I said though it leaves other issues. We must play 2 up top and give up on Gwion. It also probably means judge needs to miss out unless we play a diamond and even then he might be a sub.

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 10:04 - Dec 9 with 1092 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 10:04 - Dec 9 by Bluefish

We need to sort a formation and style before then. We started with a 433 on saturday and i think garbutt is better being lb in that formation. As I said though it leaves other issues. We must play 2 up top and give up on Gwion. It also probably means judge needs to miss out unless we play a diamond and even then he might be a sub.

I agree wholeheartedly that Gwion is awful.

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 10:28 - Dec 9 with 1043 viewsMrTown

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 10:04 - Dec 9 by Bluefish

You hate Gwion don't you.

He has done something very personal to you hasn't he

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 10:38 - Dec 9 with 1034 viewsBluefish

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 10:28 - Dec 9 by MrTown

You hate Gwion don't you.

He has done something very personal to you hasn't he

He is atrocious and possibly the biggest fraud I've seen play for us since priskin and possibly beyond. I've never booed him or shouted abuse at him but I becoming growingly concerned that PRP can't see it

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 10:47 - Dec 9 with 1024 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 10:38 - Dec 9 by Bluefish

He is atrocious and possibly the biggest fraud I've seen play for us since priskin and possibly beyond. I've never booed him or shouted abuse at him but I becoming growingly concerned that PRP can't see it

What annoys me the most, is last season he was one of our better performers, in terms of output and I thought that surely he can only get better in a worse league. But no, he is actually getting worse.

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 10:55 - Dec 9 with 1010 viewsBluefish

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 10:47 - Dec 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

What annoys me the most, is last season he was one of our better performers, in terms of output and I thought that surely he can only get better in a worse league. But no, he is actually getting worse.

He really wasn't, I had the same views of him last season as well. He had the moment in the 1st game and it managed to disguise the rest in how bad the overall season was. He spent so long last season on the touchline as a spectator

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 10:59 - Dec 9 with 1000 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 10:55 - Dec 9 by Bluefish

He really wasn't, I had the same views of him last season as well. He had the moment in the 1st game and it managed to disguise the rest in how bad the overall season was. He spent so long last season on the touchline as a spectator

But at least he scored ?? 6 goals for a winger isn't bad.

He did have a touch like a trampoline though.

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 18:26 - Dec 9 with 858 viewslmfcblue

Would rather see Kenlock left back Gsrbutt left of a4.2.3.1
Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 20:41 - Dec 9 with 791 viewswkj

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 09:35 - Dec 9 by chicoazul

Why do people keep going on about Judge. We are better without him.

Indeed, if we can sell him the money we receive would be much more valuable.

Of course, a fool would attribute that to any kind of a transfer fund, but stranger things happen at sea.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 21:20 - Dec 9 with 771 viewsOwainG1992

For me Kenlock is more than good enough to play LB in league one.
So Garbutt at LM suits us in my opinion.
As part of a 442.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 19:38 - Dec 10 with 604 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Is Luke Garbutt really a left back? on 21:20 - Dec 9 by OwainG1992

For me Kenlock is more than good enough to play LB in league one.
So Garbutt at LM suits us in my opinion.
As part of a 442.

Kenlock is never a first choice left back for him. I like him because he has come through the ranks but he's not good enough. He's ideal back up. I'd like to see Gergiou get a run at LB. Spurs fans i know see that being his position.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024