Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rate your 2019 08:34 - Dec 11 with 4973 viewsartsbossbeard

Work: Made a bit of an error in moving from corporate life to a small business with an owner who only wants to work how he’s always worked. Lovely little firm but it’s not for me.

Family: All good, and whilst we’ve lost a couple of decent people this year in my circle of friends, family hasn’t been affected, which is a decent compromise. Father-in-law is far from well though, so that leads us into a worry in 2020.

Travel: Had an amazing year in fairness, visited relations in Australia and it was ace. A real highlight for 2019 for the family and I. Had a couple of weeks on the Turkish Med, a long weekend in Southern Spain and a raucous weekend in Amsterdam to include seeing Underworld, drinking way too much and generally not taking good care of my heart and liver.

Health: None too shabby. Still playing footy. Enjoying cycling/spinning. No major medical issues.

Overall, a satisfying 8.9789/10

Whataboutu?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Rate your 2019 on 08:42 - Dec 11 with 2217 viewsSteve_M

Work: generally good, doing quite a lot of new stuff at the moment. It might not be what I want to do long-term but it's fine for now (I've yet to work out what it is I want to do in the long-term....).

Travel: Had a really good holiday in Australia, including my cousin's wedding. Didn't do enough other than that but managed a week walking in Corsica which was nice too.

Health: Positive, a couple of years of back problems have eventually settled down. Just need to get running again now.

Other: Some decent gigs and live sport, some lesser live sport but plenty of time in good pubs with friends around it.

8/10

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Rate your 2019 on 08:43 - Dec 11 with 2211 viewsDanTheMan

Work: Getting worse with time. Gone through a lot of changes here but product and senior management seem to be in a world of their own and the team I'm in is treated rubbish because it doesn't make the products that sales can sell, only the unimportant things like how those things are billed for, the core systems, that kind of thing. Things might be different come next week though...

Family: Pretty good generally, only issue is my sister in law who is a constant and consistent pain for me. Not all her fault mind, she has mental health problems but refuses to get any help and regularly takes that out of my partner and everyone else around her.

Travel: Went to Italy for the first time, lovely country. Saw some beautiful Greek ruins. Driving their is scary though.

Health: Good, I think.

7/10. Work is really starting to drag, everything else is good for the most part.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Rate your 2019 on 08:50 - Dec 11 with 2185 viewsKieran_Knows

Work: been a cracking year, I have to say. Like yourself, I moved from a National company 4 years ago, to a small business here in Marks Tey (same industry), but it's been the best move of I've ever made. Got made a Director of the business earlier this year as well, so no complaints what so ever.

Family: all is well, everyone is in good health. Long may that continue in to 2020.

Travel: again, another cracking year of holidays. A week in Turkey back in May, followed by a stag do in Gran Canaria in June. That was then followed with 4 days in Switzerland in August to coincide with the missus' birthday, and, which after 8 and a half years together, I finally popped the 'will you marry me' question! Last holiday of the year was in Rome last month, another cracking weekend away.

Health: No real medical issues here either, continue to enjoy playing squash 2/3 times a week which keeps me in relatively decent shape/fitness wise.

I have to say, for me, this year is a 10/10.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Rate your 2019 on 08:51 - Dec 11 with 2169 viewsartsbossbeard

Rate your 2019 on 08:50 - Dec 11 by Kieran_Knows

Work: been a cracking year, I have to say. Like yourself, I moved from a National company 4 years ago, to a small business here in Marks Tey (same industry), but it's been the best move of I've ever made. Got made a Director of the business earlier this year as well, so no complaints what so ever.

Family: all is well, everyone is in good health. Long may that continue in to 2020.

Travel: again, another cracking year of holidays. A week in Turkey back in May, followed by a stag do in Gran Canaria in June. That was then followed with 4 days in Switzerland in August to coincide with the missus' birthday, and, which after 8 and a half years together, I finally popped the 'will you marry me' question! Last holiday of the year was in Rome last month, another cracking weekend away.

Health: No real medical issues here either, continue to enjoy playing squash 2/3 times a week which keeps me in relatively decent shape/fitness wise.

I have to say, for me, this year is a 10/10.

Congrats!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Rate your 2019 on 09:01 - Dec 11 with 2140 viewsNewcyBlue

Work:- I am one exam away from having my Masters unlimited licence. Otherwise it’s been fairly mind numbing. I find myself fighting more and more with senior officers on board who think that they can do what they like. I’m quick to tell people to Foxtrot Oscar, and am liked by the crew, but not the senior officers.

I don’t really like the direction the company is going in, but I am due for promotion and can have a positive impact then.

Family:- IVF failed and failed again. Another round of IVF to start in the new year. I don’t hold out much hope for that. Seb is doing well but his mum is still a pain in the backside.

Travel:- it’s my job. Nothing to see here.

Health:- been better, but have also been a lot worse.

I’ve had worse years. Had better years. Can’t say I look ahead too far, it’s a dangerous job and I only really look forward to getting home again.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Rate your 2019 on 09:18 - Dec 11 with 2080 viewsWD19

Meh. 5/10.

Until next year when, in hindsight, this year will seem good in comparison. Same as every year.
Rate your 2019 on 09:19 - Dec 11 with 2073 viewsReuser_is_God

Work: up & down but really busy now & also looking good for next year.

Family: auntie not in a good way but apart from that all good.

Travel: had a week in Kalami then a week at centre parcs with either side of the family

Health: I’m fine, could do with losing a stone or 2 though.

8/10 for me
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 9:20]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Rate your 2019 on 09:20 - Dec 11 with 2063 viewswkj

Currently 8/10, would have been 10 if not for all the Spruce bullying I got for my sandals and sunglasses.

Edit: It will be 10/10 if I win the vote from my potential constituents tomorrow.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 9:21]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Rate your 2019 on 09:26 - Dec 11 with 2023 viewshampstead_blue

Rate your 2019 on 09:01 - Dec 11 by NewcyBlue

Work:- I am one exam away from having my Masters unlimited licence. Otherwise it’s been fairly mind numbing. I find myself fighting more and more with senior officers on board who think that they can do what they like. I’m quick to tell people to Foxtrot Oscar, and am liked by the crew, but not the senior officers.

I don’t really like the direction the company is going in, but I am due for promotion and can have a positive impact then.

Family:- IVF failed and failed again. Another round of IVF to start in the new year. I don’t hold out much hope for that. Seb is doing well but his mum is still a pain in the backside.

Travel:- it’s my job. Nothing to see here.

Health:- been better, but have also been a lot worse.

I’ve had worse years. Had better years. Can’t say I look ahead too far, it’s a dangerous job and I only really look forward to getting home again.

You are among friends here.
Big hug buddy,

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Rate your 2019 on 09:26 - Dec 11 with 2018 viewsbrazil1982

Work: Steady, same/same . I have been covering another colleague's work so it has been incredibly busy.

Family: All good apart from me. My wife had an affair in January so I kicked her out, and have nearly completed the divorce. House sold. I have however met a terrific woman since so silver lining etc. Mum has early dementia which is very tough.

Travel: A good year - Sicily, camping in Scotland, Azerbaijan and Vienna for New Year's.

Health: Very tough mentally at the start of the year (see above) but recovered. Must do more exercise. That seems to have slipped completely.

Overall, a mixed 5/10
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 9:29]
Rate your 2019 on 09:27 - Dec 11 with 2013 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Can you provide a fresh rating on Friday morning please?!?!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Rate your 2019 on 09:28 - Dec 11 with 1997 viewsartsbossbeard

Rate your 2019 on 09:27 - Dec 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Ha! Whatever will be, will be...

Rate your 2019 on 09:28 - Dec 11 with 1988 viewswkj

Rate your 2019 on 09:27 - Dec 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Are you not in the land of Dr Dan? Pretty safe to make the assumption now I'd say.

Crybaby

Rate your 2019 on 09:31 - Dec 11 with 1973 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rate your 2019 on 09:28 - Dec 11 by artsbossbeard

Ha! Whatever will be, will be...

If my Boris loses Uxbridge/Labour hold Ipswich double comes in it will be a solid 10 for me!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Rate your 2019 on 09:33 - Dec 11 with 1962 viewswkj

Rate your 2019 on 09:31 - Dec 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

If my Boris loses Uxbridge/Labour hold Ipswich double comes in it will be a solid 10 for me!

There will be little joy tomorrow, but the prospect of Boris losing his seat in the advent of a Tory win would be fantastic.

Crybaby

Rate your 2019 on 09:33 - Dec 11 with 1956 viewsMeadowlark

"....for the family and me." Just saying.

Not a bad year. Been retired for nearly two years now. Plenty to do. Not been on an aeroplane for 18 months. Don't miss it. Seen more away games than home so far this season. Some good trips.

I still seem to be pedantically scouring posts for incorrect use of "me/I," "your/you're," "there/their/they're" and "have/of." Not in an accusatory manner but because they just jump out at me and have to be corrected! Sorry!
Rate your 2019 on 09:34 - Dec 11 with 1951 viewsfooters

Rate your 2019 on 09:20 - Dec 11 by wkj

Currently 8/10, would have been 10 if not for all the Spruce bullying I got for my sandals and sunglasses.

Edit: It will be 10/10 if I win the vote from my potential constituents tomorrow.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 9:21]

You brought it on yourself, I'm afraid. Let's hope you're not punished at the ballot box for such faux pas.

My year has been all right; one year older, still none the wiser, but no major mishaps. And more importantly, still here with you lovely lot... which means we should all get out more.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Rate your 2019 on 09:34 - Dec 11 with 1945 viewsRobTheMonk

Work: Okay. Feels like I'm coming to the natural end. The place is lovely and I get to play football as part of my job on a Wednesday afternoon but it's losing it's allure. Will actively be looking in the new year but not for negative reasons as such.

Family: Everyone seems okay. The girlfriend and I have recently bought a house as well so lots going on. The more we work on the house, the more I'm loving it which is great.

Travel: We've not been abroad but we've had some cracking time away. Did a long weekend in Malvern which was amazing; camped in the Peak District; went up to Whitby. We both really enjoyed them all - the one in the Peak's was one of my favourite holidays I've had!

Health: Dodgey ankle and shoulders aside, generally pretty good. Less boozing has helped,

Pretty good year!
Rate your 2019 on 09:37 - Dec 11 with 1928 viewsclive_baker

I've enjoyed reading these. It's important to reflect a bit I think.

Work: Gone very well this year, thoroughly enjoyed what I've been doing and kicked on. Also started doing some volunteering this year in my spare time. Only a couple of hours per week but hope to keep that up in 2020.

Family: The most important bit, also good. Had my first child which has completely changed my perspective on a lot of things. There's nothing like it. Wider family all well, aside from a brief health scare for one of them, must not grumble.

Travel: Not as good as other years, largely due to the new arrival. Summer holiday in Croatia was great, and a long weekend in Denmark. 2 stag dos, 1 local and one in Spain.

Health: Again can't grumble, touch wood.

Overall a solid 9.5/10 and very grateful for it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Rate your 2019 on 09:38 - Dec 11 with 1919 viewswkj

Rate your 2019 on 09:34 - Dec 11 by RobTheMonk

Work: Okay. Feels like I'm coming to the natural end. The place is lovely and I get to play football as part of my job on a Wednesday afternoon but it's losing it's allure. Will actively be looking in the new year but not for negative reasons as such.

Family: Everyone seems okay. The girlfriend and I have recently bought a house as well so lots going on. The more we work on the house, the more I'm loving it which is great.

Travel: We've not been abroad but we've had some cracking time away. Did a long weekend in Malvern which was amazing; camped in the Peak District; went up to Whitby. We both really enjoyed them all - the one in the Peak's was one of my favourite holidays I've had!

Health: Dodgey ankle and shoulders aside, generally pretty good. Less boozing has helped,

Pretty good year!

I hope you and Madge are very happy in your new place! How is your dodgey shoulder impacting your Tuba? Hopefully that little joy in life is still afforded to you.

Crybaby

Rate your 2019 on 09:40 - Dec 11 with 1907 viewsSikamikanico

Work: Came to a realisation I hate my job. Making changes in new year.

Family: no one has passed but a family feud on my wife's side and my own health issues meaning I could not see mine have left me feeling a little isolated from them.

Travel: Had a nice holiday in Lanzarote, had a couple of trips in the UK and have a weekend in Bruges planned over Christmas.

Health: currently in the midst of a bout of depression and anxiety.

Overall I would say 4/10 as although it had been a poor year I have plans to make changes
Rate your 2019 on 09:40 - Dec 11 with 1903 viewsfooters

Rate your 2019 on 09:38 - Dec 11 by wkj

I hope you and Madge are very happy in your new place! How is your dodgey shoulder impacting your Tuba? Hopefully that little joy in life is still afforded to you.

Just don't call him Jelly Belly, like Lou did.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Rate your 2019 on 09:41 - Dec 11 with 1892 viewswkj

Rate your 2019 on 09:40 - Dec 11 by footers

Just don't call him Jelly Belly, like Lou did.

Oh Lou, that scoundrel. He really did do a number on Joe's mangle that time.

Crybaby

Rate your 2019 on 09:51 - Dec 11 with 1848 viewshampstead_blue

Work:
Mixed. Started on a 12 month contract for the DWP developing a pension product. It was awful. Got hammered by line calling me a liar about suffering from PTSD. Can't wait to get them in a vice.
That finished early and I took the summer off. Cricket and decompress.

Started working for a veterans charity in Sept. Loving every day. Surrounded by fast cars and race tracks. Also a wonderful team all ex-military so the banter is brutal.

We are also starting our own small housing development business. That's going well. Pans approved for 6 units for local families and veterans.

Family:
Good. Eldest two doing OK as soldiers, the eldest just signed-off to be a surveyor so he's moving along nicely.
We moved to WIlts to get out of Hampstead. What a joy this place is. We all feel free and so much happier.

Travel.
We don't fly much, rarely. Prefer to stay in the UK.
Lots of body boarding in Wales and Devon. Random weekends away. Went on a few days with the 7 year old camping on the Dorset coast fossil hunting. Awesome.
About to book a hot overseas holiday for Feb but seriously don't want to spend that amount of cash for a week! I feel really tight sometimes.

Health.
Started on my knees. PTSD rampant. Had to get some emergency mental health support - Rock To Recovery were awesome.
Found out I'd broken both of the bottom two screws which held my back together. That hurt throughout the year but I resolved to wait until after the cricket season to get it fixed.
It was done in Nov and I feel awesome. No leg pain for the first time in millions of years.
Still drinking too much to dull the mental health bits but am going to get hypnotherapy in Jan to kick that in the nuts.
Feel great/rubbish in a minute.
Could be worse though.

Overall;
7 1/5 from 10.

Would have been higher if Mrs H had let me get the car I wanted! Maybe next year.....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Rate your 2019 on 10:13 - Dec 11 with 1800 viewsPinewoodblue

Work. Been retired eight years.

Family. Been a good year, kids, and grandkids all in good health. Wife is coping remarkably well with her disability, continues to improve especially when you consider she was told she would never walk again. Mother spent a few nights in Addenbrookes , gave them hell by all accounts, but she will be 99 in a few months.

Travel. All things considered been a good year,. Two weekends in County Donegal, flew to Derry and hired car. Trips to visit friends who moved to France but biggest achievement was Flower Power Cruise out of Lauderdale. Doing that again in March, acts next year include Hollies and Zombies , Peter Asher is cruise host. Managed at least one weekend break each month involving live music.

Health. Been a battle with GP’s to change medications due to side effects but won through. Recently been warned that I am pre-diabetic, waiting for a life style course to come up but long wait, unless I spend 90 minutes travelling . Annoying really seems if you spend 5 years on Statins your chances of being diabetic are 15% higher. On Statins because of heart attack five years ago although cholesterol levels are only 3.06, GP has agreed to reduce the dosage.

Other. Still regret not being able to visit some of the places we had planned to . Not sure the little train to Shimla could be considered wheel chair friendly, but all things considered give it an eight.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024