Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Winter Break.... 16:20 - Dec 20 with 952 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

....why is Lambert obsessed with a break over Christmas.

Winter is not another word for Christmas.

Leave the fans to enjoy the holiday football.... have a winter break in JANUARY if you must!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Winter Break.... on 16:23 - Dec 20 with 938 viewsTrequartista

Apparently he played in Germany. I don't know if he's ever mentioned it before.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Winter Break.... on 16:24 - Dec 20 with 934 viewsDarth_Koont

We also don't have much of an excuse as our squad rotation even with games once a week would mean the squad could manage 2 games a week.

Pronouns: He/Him

Winter Break.... on 16:25 - Dec 20 with 934 viewsIllinoisblue

is he obsessed, or was he asked a question about in the weekly presser?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Winter Break.... on 16:47 - Dec 20 with 903 viewspointofblue

Winter Break.... on 16:23 - Dec 20 by Trequartista

Apparently he played in Germany. I don't know if he's ever mentioned it before.

I think he may have won the Champions League too?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Winter Break.... on 20:35 - Dec 20 with 844 viewsOldsmoker

We have one of the largest squads (might be the largest) so no winter break plays to our advantage.
Peterboro, Oxford, Portsmouth, Bristol rovers, Coventry all have FA cup games to play so an extra game to get tired/injured.
We don't need a break but maybe some other league 1 teams do.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Winter Break.... on 20:40 - Dec 20 with 833 viewsWD19

If Lambert had his way we would play no football at all and points would be allocated based on press conferences (league) and other sundry media stunts (cups).
Winter Break.... on 20:41 - Dec 20 with 831 viewspatrickswell

Because he’s losing his grip on the job. I really don’t think he has any faith in himself and he’s transmitting that to players and fans.

We will have a new manager next season.
Winter Break.... on 23:23 - Dec 20 with 769 viewsCoco

This has been the most fragmented season i can remember, another break is the last thing we need.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Login to get fewer ads

Winter Break.... on 13:11 - Dec 21 with 656 viewsTractorWood

Surely he would have mentioned playing in Germany before if this was true?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Winter Break.... on 13:31 - Dec 21 with 626 viewsGeoffSentence

When would we play all trhe games that would otherwise be played during the winter break?

It's a nuts idea.

Particularly here where the weather is generally mild but you can never tell when there will be a cold snap. Could end up with a lovely mild winter break followed up by a load of postponements due to bad whether when the season recommences.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Winter Break.... on 13:33 - Dec 21 with 625 viewsGeoffSentence

Winter Break.... on 16:24 - Dec 20 by Darth_Koont

We also don't have much of an excuse as our squad rotation even with games once a week would mean the squad could manage 2 games a week.

Indeed and having a squad of our size should be an advantage due to rotation, why blow that advantage by suggesting everyone else gets a rest?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Winter Break.... on 14:41 - Dec 21 with 593 viewsallezlesbleus

Winter Break.... on 13:31 - Dec 21 by GeoffSentence

When would we play all trhe games that would otherwise be played during the winter break?

It's a nuts idea.

Particularly here where the weather is generally mild but you can never tell when there will be a cold snap. Could end up with a lovely mild winter break followed up by a load of postponements due to bad whether when the season recommences.

Exactly this.

Our bad weather can come anytime between November and March, although the most likely bad spell is normally in January or February. The idea of having a break over Christmas / New Year is bonkers. That is one period where attendances are almost always higher. As GeoffSentence says, when would we be able to squeeze in these extra matches and also what happens if there are then a few matches cancelled because of bad weather before or after the winter break?

The only reason the "big" clubs want a break, is so they can squeeze in another money making tour to the Far East or the USA.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024