Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) 17:01 - Dec 29 with 1862 viewsCopfordBlue

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:02 - Dec 29 with 1850 viewsOxford_Blue

Ask after Wycombe
Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:04 - Dec 29 with 1813 viewsWarkystache

I can make him a wickerwork basket. Or, to be specific, my mum can. She got this kit for Christmas......

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:05 - Dec 29 with 1804 viewsCopfordBlue

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:02 - Dec 29 by Oxford_Blue

Ask after Wycombe

Why? Does a win make him a decent manager?

I hope he’s gone before then. A new manager will at least then have a transfer window to tweak the squad.

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:05 - Dec 29 with 1783 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:02 - Dec 29 by Oxford_Blue

Ask after Wycombe

That's not really a case for him staying, though, is it.

Here is the case (not sure how much I buy into it, though):

We are 4th (in the play-offs) and very much in touch with the top two (Wycombe are now dropping).

We have been missing players.

I am struggling for much beyond that. The case against seems stronger right now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:06 - Dec 29 with 1754 viewsOxford_Blue

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:05 - Dec 29 by CopfordBlue

I hope he’s gone before then. A new manager will at least then have a transfer window to tweak the squad.

Because it’s only three days away and unless he walks he’ll be in the job.

He has the chance to turn it round. They need a big performance.
Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:07 - Dec 29 with 1747 viewsWarkystache

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:04 - Dec 29 by Warkystache

I can make him a wickerwork basket. Or, to be specific, my mum can. She got this kit for Christmas......

Could get her to try this - would save on compo....?

https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=AwrIQZMC3QhevNcAFhl3Bwx.;_ylu

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:09 - Dec 29 with 1653 viewsCopfordBlue

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:06 - Dec 29 by Oxford_Blue

A win against an out of form Wycombe wouldn’t mean he’d turned it around. He has had 14 months to “turn it around” and hasn’t. Likeable bloke, dreadful manager. He needs to go tonight.

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:12 - Dec 29 with 1586 viewspointofblue

I think we’ll give him Wycombe because there's so little time to find a new manager. Lose that and there’s ten days between league matches for us to take stock and pick carefully; Klug can manage the side at Exeter.

Of course if we win he’ll keep his job.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:12 - Dec 29 with 1564 viewsSeablu

No.
He's still somehow stealing a living from one decent job he did years ago.
Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:13 - Dec 29 with 1535 viewsjas0999

I wonder how much his bizarre press conference on Thursday unsettled the players. Either way after that and today’s debacle his position is bordering on being untenable.
Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:17 - Dec 29 with 1451 viewsGavTWTD

I think it would depend on who we could realistically get to replace him. Warnock keeps getting mentioned but I don't see him coming here.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:19 - Dec 29 with 1398 viewspointofblue

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:17 - Dec 29 by GavTWTD

I think it would depend on who we could realistically get to replace him. Warnock keeps getting mentioned but I don't see him coming here.

Would like to see Adkins here. Think he could build something and he was doing a decent job at Hull.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:20 - Dec 29 with 1364 viewsDublinBlue84

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:17 - Dec 29 by GavTWTD

Would agree with that, could see him coming if we were in Championship, but not in League One.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:26 - Dec 29 with 1306 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I have said it before and i will say it again. Without Culverhouse alongside side him, Lambert is at best bang average.
Big Sam anyone?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:27 - Dec 29 with 1281 viewsBlueForYou

When the going gets tough, the tough get going!

We still have plenty of opportunity left to win the Division. But there are a lot of buts developing. Its going to be a rather toxic 48 hours. Wasn't at the game today, so cant comment directly, but we have to hang in there. Only those in the know will really know. In my opinion we need to toughen up, be fitter, want it more, & pick the best team for every match & select on form, every player should be fighting for the jersey, for every tackle, for every minute. If we get that right, give our all, then the fans will see that. Thats not been the case. We have no divine right to win anything. The transfer window is key here. Let Paul try to finish the job. He said he wanted a project, well he's certainly got one, perhaps we all need to realise it might take longer than hoped for. A rebuild takes time not weeks.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 17:35]
Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:28 - Dec 29 with 1278 viewsPecker

Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:06 - Dec 29 by Oxford_Blue

We have been saying that for weeks now.
Can anyone make a case for him to stay? (n/t) on 17:29 - Dec 29 with 1249 viewsChurchman

I am just sad about it all. Despite him being limited as a manager I liked his honesty about the state of the football club. He cared. But the reality is that the club deserves nothing. It is rotten to the core and has been since Sheepshanks wrecked it. Unlike Leicester City, owned by people who wanted more than a fast buck, ITFC is owned by a bloke who would get rid in a heartbeat if he could get his money back. Guardiola, Ferguson, Robson, Clough, god himself would get nowhere here. Until people who care about the club run/own it, forget it. Years of perpetual decline. The renaissance of a tin of paint for a rotting portacabin on the training ground changes nothing.

Lambert is limited for sure and he’s finished here, but ITFCs problems go far deeper than him.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 17:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024