Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's the alternative to Lambert? 13:45 - Dec 30 with 1033 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

I'm seeing people want Lambert out which is one thing, I don't personally agree we should get rid of him, but then I'm seeing people want Neil Warnock... I'm confused.

Are these the same people who wanted Mick out because they were fed up of the style of football? I'm just curious, this isn't a dig towards any poster on here, but I just don't see how Warnock's name is being passed around especially when we haven't got the players suited for his style anyway - we lack physicality and his teams epitomise physicality in every position. If anything, we'd be far more disjointed than what we currently look.

The rotation isn't a problem, but the lack of a regular system with no real identity is a big problem. Players coming in don't know each other's game and we play nice football but cannot sustain it. I thought we played some good stuff yesterday at times, certainly the better side in the first half, but let ourselves down in the second half. Downes and Dozzell compliment each other well and played some nice forward passes between Lincoln's midfield and defence. I'd stick with those 2 in there. I thought Judge had a good game as well - probably the best I've seen him this season. I think Jackson and Norwood's pairing has run its cause - I think Keane is our best footballing striker - fizz passes in and he makes it stick and brings others into play. Keane and Norwood I'd start on Wednesday. I wouldn't mind a midfield 4 of Nolan - Downes - Dozzell - Judge and take control of the midfield. Edwards and Garbutt can provide the width from full back.

I'm saying back Lambert. He's got this club back on track and he's made it known publicly which we all appreciate being in the known about. His transfer business has been good and the youngsters are being blooded into the first team. It's a massive second half to the season and we have to be more positive as a fan base when we lose a couple of games - easy to support when we win for some, negativity spirals when we lose a couple. Keep the faith, keep getting behind the boys and hopefully we pick up some results sooner rather than later - a great opportunity starting on Wednesday.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 13:51 - Dec 30 with 1018 viewsBlueBadger

In what way has he got this club 'back on track'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 13:59 - Dec 30 with 1010 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 13:51 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

In what way has he got this club 'back on track'?

Home support near 20k most weeks. Away support fantastic in really good numbers - can't be many games we haven't sold out this season.

Identified issues around the club, eg, worn down look to Portman Road, training ground etc and there has been progressive changes.

More of a community feel to the club again as well.

4th in the league - real cliche this but in August we all want promotion and league position tells me we are on track. We lost a lot of games last season and forgot how to win football games. First 3 months we were fantastic. It's not all doom and gloom.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 14:03 - Dec 30 with 989 viewsGeoffSentence

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 13:59 - Dec 30 by IPSWICHFANITFC

Home support near 20k most weeks. Away support fantastic in really good numbers - can't be many games we haven't sold out this season.

Identified issues around the club, eg, worn down look to Portman Road, training ground etc and there has been progressive changes.

4th in the league - real cliche this but in August we all want promotion and league position tells me we are on track. We lost a lot of games last season and forgot how to win football games. First 3 months we were fantastic. It's not all doom and gloom.

Geoff Sentence.

Available (might have to give a month's notice mind)

Has a superb football brain.

Is in touch with the fans.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 14:21 - Dec 30 with 946 viewsMrTown

Don’t want to sack Lambert yet, give him the Wycombe game at least.

But having looked at alternatives:
- Nigel Adkins
- Nathan Jones
- Neil Warnock
- Aitor Karanka
- Paul Tisdale

Any other names that can be thrown into the ring?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 14:33 - Dec 30 with 929 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 14:03 - Dec 30 by GeoffSentence

Geoff Sentence.

Available (might have to give a month's notice mind)

Has a superb football brain.

Is in touch with the fans.

Oh Geoffremy Sentence!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 14:43 - Dec 30 with 911 viewsDarth_Koont

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 13:59 - Dec 30 by IPSWICHFANITFC

That's pretty much all cosmetic unless it's matched by performances. I agree it's important but then we might as well have Blue Action in charge.

Lambert had a free hit last season despite throwing more players and money at the team without improving us. Then importantly he got us off to a good start (results-wise even though performances really weren't that good). But now we're getting the results our performances deserve.

That, along with us playing in a League One that is very ordinary, is the most important thing. Lambert's not getting much out of these players and that delayed realisation is why the mood is turning. Another season in this league and likely the need to sell off Downes, Woolfenden and KVY to pay for it will see attendances drop once the novelty of the League One "jolly" wears off and is replaced by the reality that we're just not very good at football.

Pronouns: He/Him

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 14:49 - Dec 30 with 893 viewsPJH

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 14:43 - Dec 30 by Darth_Koont

That's pretty much all cosmetic unless it's matched by performances. I agree it's important but then we might as well have Blue Action in charge.

Lambert had a free hit last season despite throwing more players and money at the team without improving us. Then importantly he got us off to a good start (results-wise even though performances really weren't that good). But now we're getting the results our performances deserve.

That, along with us playing in a League One that is very ordinary, is the most important thing. Lambert's not getting much out of these players and that delayed realisation is why the mood is turning. Another season in this league and likely the need to sell off Downes, Woolfenden and KVY to pay for it will see attendances drop once the novelty of the League One "jolly" wears off and is replaced by the reality that we're just not very good at football.

Attendances both home and away will drop the back end of this season IF we are not challenging for promotion and I imagine that there will be a huge drop in ST sales for next season if we are still in the third division.

If attendances go back to what they were before PL arrived but we are still in a lower division than when he arrived it all would seem to have been a waste of time.

We need promotion this season to sustain what has been achieved off the pitch.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 14:50]
Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 14:56 - Dec 30 with 876 viewschicoazul

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 14:21 - Dec 30 by MrTown

- Nigel Adkins
- Nathan Jones
- Neil Warnock
- Aitor Karanka
- Paul Tisdale

Simon Grayson.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 14:56 - Dec 30 with 875 viewsNthsuffolkblue

- Nigel Adkins
- Nathan Jones
- Neil Warnock
- Aitor Karanka
- Paul Tisdale

Adkins not sure he would be available for us and last time he managed in this league he was sacked for finishing 11th with Sheffield United, 8 points off the play-offs.

Nathan Jones I would be happy with and he would probably looking at this level for his next job. However, I am not sure the style of football would be pretty.

Warnock?! Why is he even being mentioned? He will fancy the chance of a Prem job or will take a Championship one. He is despised by most of our fans. His football is not pretty. I can't believe people keep mentioning him. We may as well go after Guardiola.

Karanka will be looking for the Championship or equivalent in a foreign league. No chance we could get him.

Tisdale an OK manager in League 2 who has struggled in League 1. OK, he may not have been given the squad to work with that he would have here. I am sure he would take the job. Not sure he would be any more successful than Hurst or Lambert.

Your shortlist for me appears to be one man - Nathan Jones. Probably not a popular option.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 15:02 - Dec 30 with 852 viewsTractorCam

We don't have any playing style right now so can hardly be picky. If Lambert was to go i'd definitely have Warnock. Think he has 8 promotions as a manager?

He managed to get that awful Cardiff side promoted i'm sure he'd be licking his lips at our squad. Then whether he got us up or not we can look into a 'long term' manager in the summer.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 15:03 - Dec 30 with 850 viewsJoHnNnY

- Nigel Adkins
- Nathan Jones
- Neil Warnock
- Aitor Karanka
- Paul Tisdale

Nathan Jones would be my choice out of them.

Maybe our route out of this league is an old head with LOTS of contacts in players that would come in to do them a favour?, I don’t think he’s the one, but Redknapp and a younger side kick.

Surely could call in favours.

That’s last ditch though - I’m hoping WW game will be the one to kick us on track, after “all the talk” and home truths, its been documented a lot was said and they have a mindset and plan take into next match, if we we put in a performance / effort of guff, time to act, get a manager in who wont look at any history or hierarchy with the squad and pick with fresh eyes.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 15:19 - Dec 30 with 818 viewscbower

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 14:56 - Dec 30 by chicoazul

Simon Grayson.

Grayson has it going at Blackpool. He was interested pre-Hurst but not right now. Despite his mini-Mick image, his teams play decent football imho.

bluescouser

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 16:26 - Dec 30 with 715 viewsMrTown

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 14:56 - Dec 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Adkins not sure he would be available for us and last time he managed in this league he was sacked for finishing 11th with Sheffield United, 8 points off the play-offs.

Nathan Jones I would be happy with and he would probably looking at this level for his next job. However, I am not sure the style of football would be pretty.

Warnock?! Why is he even being mentioned? He will fancy the chance of a Prem job or will take a Championship one. He is despised by most of our fans. His football is not pretty. I can't believe people keep mentioning him. We may as well go after Guardiola.

Karanka will be looking for the Championship or equivalent in a foreign league. No chance we could get him.

Tisdale an OK manager in League 2 who has struggled in League 1. OK, he may not have been given the squad to work with that he would have here. I am sure he would take the job. Not sure he would be any more successful than Hurst or Lambert.

Your shortlist for me appears to be one man - Nathan Jones. Probably not a popular option.

I don’t l know, think we could get Adkins, did a really sterling job at Hull, was very close to play offs throughout many periods last year. Have stated previously though he inherited to incredible footballers at Championship level in Grosiki and Bowen.

Jones likewise had some very good players at Luton, but no better than ours. However, he openly said it took 3 months for the players to receptive of his diamond formation, have we got 3 months if we want to be out of the league at the first time.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 16:33 - Dec 30 with 698 viewsGeoffSentence

I am not in Lambert Out territory yet, I would just like to see him settle on a pattern of play and a core of players rather than all this faffing around each week.

Nevertheless I will join in the fun, how about Gary White. Remember him? He was a bit of an off the wall candidate when Hurst was chosen. Has done all sorts of great things with lesser teams in Asia and is apparently considered to be something of a future managerial prospect by the FA.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 16:34]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 16:34 - Dec 30 with 677 viewsfooters

Who's the alternative to Lambert? on 14:56 - Dec 30 by chicoazul

Simon Grayson.

Still think Ollie could give it a go here.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024