Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with Bart 07:49 - Feb 6 with 38121 viewsSitfcB

Some interesting stuff...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/big-ipswich-town-interview-bartosz-bialkowski-1-650

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Interview with Bart on 08:07 - Feb 6 with 9119 viewsSteve_M

He's a likeable player and I'm glad he's enjoying football again.

The bit on Hurst fleshes out what has already become public but, bloody hell, imagine coming into a club and thinking the only way to get your ideas across was to tell most of your staff that they were sh1t. Mind you some fans think that works too.

The bit on Lambert he probably has more to say:

""He showed us stats from previous seasons which showed it was doable, but I think the damage was already done. The majority of us I think had accepted the relegation way too early, maybe in October or November. You could see it."

I wonder if that would have changed had we beaten Preston or Reading as we probably should have done. Bart confirms the losing mentality was well established by then so taking over a month to win a match was too late.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Interview with Bart on 08:22 - Feb 6 with 9060 viewsChrisd

Interview with Bart on 08:07 - Feb 6 by Steve_M

He's a likeable player and I'm glad he's enjoying football again.

The bit on Hurst fleshes out what has already become public but, bloody hell, imagine coming into a club and thinking the only way to get your ideas across was to tell most of your staff that they were sh1t. Mind you some fans think that works too.

The bit on Lambert he probably has more to say:

""He showed us stats from previous seasons which showed it was doable, but I think the damage was already done. The majority of us I think had accepted the relegation way too early, maybe in October or November. You could see it."

I wonder if that would have changed had we beaten Preston or Reading as we probably should have done. Bart confirms the losing mentality was well established by then so taking over a month to win a match was too late.

It's certainly a difficult mental barrier to overcome when you get into that losing habit.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Interview with Bart on 08:38 - Feb 6 with 8988 viewsBackToRussia

Interview with Bart on 08:22 - Feb 6 by Chrisd

It's certainly a difficult mental barrier to overcome when you get into that losing habit.

Does sound like Lambert was on a hiding to nothing coming in after Hurst. An amazingly defeatist attitude though, especially that early and with a new manager. You can't exactly fault Lamberts approach from the few lines Bart gave on that.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Interview with Bart on 08:42 - Feb 6 with 8976 viewsitfcjoe

It’s available as a podcast which I’d say is a must listen - really fleshes things out and gives much more away than the interview in writing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Interview with Bart on 08:47 - Feb 6 with 8950 viewsRobTheMonk

Oh Bart, you brilliant man.
Interview with Bart on 08:48 - Feb 6 with 8946 viewsVaughan8

A "good" read. I knew things were bad last season but strangely I didn't think it was as bad as described here.

Feels like everyone knew it would be bad from the start and couldn't get out that rut even with Lambert coming in.
Interview with Bart on 08:50 - Feb 6 with 8926 viewsBackToRussia

Interview with Bart on 08:48 - Feb 6 by Vaughan8

A "good" read. I knew things were bad last season but strangely I didn't think it was as bad as described here.

Feels like everyone knew it would be bad from the start and couldn't get out that rut even with Lambert coming in.

Does make you wonder about just how resilient MM left us. A summer of bad signings and a rant in the dressing room and they were all accepting relegation! MM bolting, and all the careful what you wish for sh1t. Did that prepare the scene for what happened as much as Hurst was clearly a d1ck.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Interview with Bart on 08:54 - Feb 6 with 8891 viewsitfcjoe

Interview with Bart on 08:50 - Feb 6 by BackToRussia

Does make you wonder about just how resilient MM left us. A summer of bad signings and a rant in the dressing room and they were all accepting relegation! MM bolting, and all the careful what you wish for sh1t. Did that prepare the scene for what happened as much as Hurst was clearly a d1ck.

The players after playing in that league for so long, knew what was needed - and when you see Waggy, Garner, McG, Webster gone and replaced with lower league players then you panic

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Interview with Bart on 08:57 - Feb 6 with 8854 viewsBackToRussia

Interview with Bart on 08:54 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

The players after playing in that league for so long, knew what was needed - and when you see Waggy, Garner, McG, Webster gone and replaced with lower league players then you panic

I don't blame them at all, clearly that lays at the door of ME and PH. It just feels like the resignation set in very early, and there wasn't really any point that we had a revival. For a set of players that had been together a while, it's just a little disappointing how timidly it all happened ultimately.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Interview with Bart on 08:58 - Feb 6 with 8846 viewsElderGrizzly

Interview with Bart on 08:54 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

I assume he was upset at the number coming in, as getting younger players from L1 who could improve was what we were all screaming out for?

Or maybe this is the disconnect from fans/players. We want that, the players just want whatever makes their job easier now?
Interview with Bart on 08:59 - Feb 6 with 8835 viewsSwansea_Blue

"So what was the feeling in the squad when Hurst was sacked, the day after a 2-0 loss at Leeds in October 2018?

"Relief. Just relief," he admitted."

Too bl00dy right.

Good interview.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Interview with Bart on 09:02 - Feb 6 with 8819 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interview with Bart on 08:38 - Feb 6 by BackToRussia

Does sound like Lambert was on a hiding to nothing coming in after Hurst. An amazingly defeatist attitude though, especially that early and with a new manager. You can't exactly fault Lamberts approach from the few lines Bart gave on that.

Indeed, and yet there are some twits on here who blame Lambert for our relegation.

We've had years and years of a losing mentality. That clearly can't be fixed overnight.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interview with Bart on 09:05 - Feb 6 with 8796 viewsKieran_Knows

Interview with Bart on 08:58 - Feb 6 by ElderGrizzly

I assume he was upset at the number coming in, as getting younger players from L1 who could improve was what we were all screaming out for?

Or maybe this is the disconnect from fans/players. We want that, the players just want whatever makes their job easier now?

It wasn't that though, it was the fact that Hurst picked up every Tom, Dick and Harry from League 1 and 2. There seemed no strategic plan to them. I've said before, I'm all for signing lower league players, but you have to pick up the better ones. If he had signed Nolan (widely regarded as one of the best midfielders in the League under Hurst), Jackson (one of League 2's top scorers the year before) and Edwards (again, widely regarded, when fit, as one of the better wide players in League 1), then I'd have said that's fair game.

The signings of Donacien, Nsiala and Roberts were a joke and in the process we wasted £1.5m between them.

Again, you go back to someone like Brentford. Over the years they've picked up the better players from Lower Leagues (Sawyers, Rico Henry, Ollie Watkins). You don't see them signing people for a laugh.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 9:15]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Interview with Bart on 09:09 - Feb 6 with 8777 viewsSwansea_Blue

So many changes after Mick. I bet the outcome would have been very different if we'd appointed Lambert straight after Mick. Yes, the relationship with some of the fanbase was toxic, but it's pretty clear from Bart's comments that the players were still onboard with Mick. Hurst fecked all that up. Mind you, would we have hung on to Waghorn and Garner. It was always going to be a huge ask after losing them.

Who knows? All I do know is that ME consistently gets it wrong. Appoints bad managers, gives bad managers the bigger transfer budgets, yet Mick almost needed a whip round and was literally signing players for mere thousands. It's very bizarre.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Interview with Bart on 09:13 - Feb 6 with 8724 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Interesting when he brought up the Brentford game unprompted. One of my lowest and most embarrassing days as a Town fan.

I say some stuff at football but some of the things I heard aimed at Mick that day were vile.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Interview with Bart on 09:14 - Feb 6 with 8701 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interview with Bart on 09:02 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Indeed, and yet there are some twits on here who blame Lambert for our relegation.

We've had years and years of a losing mentality. That clearly can't be fixed overnight.

We haven’t had years and years of a losing mentality, we finished in the top half of the table the season prior to last

Lambert managed 3/4’s of the season we were relegated. It was quite literally part of his job to get the players to believe they could escape relegation

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Interview with Bart on 09:14 - Feb 6 with 8694 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Well that’s one take

Interview with Bart on 09:15 - Feb 6 with 8691 viewsJakeITFC

Interview with Bart on 09:13 - Feb 6 by TRUE_BLUE123

Interesting when he brought up the Brentford game unprompted. One of my lowest and most embarrassing days as a Town fan.

I say some stuff at football but some of the things I heard aimed at Mick that day were vile.

Different Brentford game.
Interview with Bart on 09:15 - Feb 6 with 8680 viewsBackToRussia

Interview with Bart on 09:09 - Feb 6 by Swansea_Blue

So many changes after Mick. I bet the outcome would have been very different if we'd appointed Lambert straight after Mick. Yes, the relationship with some of the fanbase was toxic, but it's pretty clear from Bart's comments that the players were still onboard with Mick. Hurst fecked all that up. Mind you, would we have hung on to Waghorn and Garner. It was always going to be a huge ask after losing them.

Who knows? All I do know is that ME consistently gets it wrong. Appoints bad managers, gives bad managers the bigger transfer budgets, yet Mick almost needed a whip round and was literally signing players for mere thousands. It's very bizarre.

Exactly re last para. Bart even says it! MM had nothing, and then Hurst had millions. Yes we sold Webster, but MM had sold Mings and not seen the same payout in return. I honestly wonder how ME has ever been successful at anything.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Interview with Bart on 09:16 - Feb 6 with 8675 viewsLankHenners

Interview with Bart on 09:02 - Feb 6 by BrixtonBlue

Clearly it was always going to be tough but he has to take some of the blame.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Interview with Bart on 09:16 - Feb 6 with 8662 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interview with Bart on 09:13 - Feb 6 by TRUE_BLUE123

He’s talking about the one on Boxing Day when we briefly went top of the league. Great day - one of the best in recent years I’d say - if you can still call it recent anyway

Interview with Bart on 09:21 - Feb 6 with 8610 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Interview with Bart on 09:16 - Feb 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s talking about the one on Boxing Day when we briefly went top of the league. Great day - one of the best in recent years I’d say - if you can still call it recent anyway

I am listening on audio format and he speaks about it being one of Micks last games and he discusses the abuse he heard with Andy Warren

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Interview with Bart on 09:22 - Feb 6 with 8600 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Interview with Bart on 09:15 - Feb 6 by JakeITFC

Different Brentford game.

Listen to the audio

Interview with Bart on 09:24 - Feb 6 with 8572 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interview with Bart on 09:21 - Feb 6 by TRUE_BLUE123

I am listening on audio format and he speaks about it being one of Micks last games and he discusses the abuse he heard with Andy Warren

Ah - haven’t listened to it yet and thought you meant the game mentioned in the EADT article

Interview with Bart on 09:27 - Feb 6 with 8553 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Interview with Bart on 09:24 - Feb 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Ah - haven’t listened to it yet and thought you meant the game mentioned in the EADT article

As joe says I recommend the audio when u have some time. Very telling.

Especially when he talks about the abuse Mick, clearly didn’t go down well in that dressing room which was to be expected

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024