Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is he still at the club? 09:31 - Feb 14 with 2476 viewsBluefish

No one wants him here, no one believes in him. What is the point in him being here? PRP just go!

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Why is he still at the club? on 09:35 - Feb 14 with 2435 viewsr2d2

Same could be said about Evans too.
Why is he still at the club? on 09:36 - Feb 14 with 2427 viewsFixed_It

Sorry - you are not my spokesman.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Why is he still at the club? on 09:37 - Feb 14 with 2420 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He is not going to go before the end of the season. And we still have 13 games left, we are 1 point out of the play-offs.

Whilst I agree I think he is totally incompetent, he is not going to leave prior to the end of the season, so this type of thread is no good for anyone either.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Why is he still at the club? on 09:37 - Feb 14 with 2417 viewsHARRY10

I do.

The real point is that we have a fanbase who are deluded about how quick and easier it will be to turn things around.

There's a fair bit of work to do to revive the club after a decade and more of decline. Take a look at all the former PL clubs who are stagnating in the Championship. Are they all suffering through not having the 'right' manager ?
Why is he still at the club? on 09:38 - Feb 14 with 2402 viewsFixed_It

Why is he still at the club? on 09:35 - Feb 14 by r2d2

Same could be said about Evans too.

Ditto. You are not my spokesman.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Why is he still at the club? on 09:39 - Feb 14 with 2384 viewsr2d2

Why is he still at the club? on 09:38 - Feb 14 by Fixed_It

I didnt say l was.
Why is he still at the club? on 09:42 - Feb 14 with 2366 viewsFixed_It

Why is he still at the club? on 09:39 - Feb 14 by r2d2

I didnt say l was.

'No-one wants him here' was the quote you were suggesting applied to Evans too.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Why is he still at the club? on 09:43 - Feb 14 with 2361 viewsr2d2

Why is he still at the club? on 09:42 - Feb 14 by Fixed_It

'No-one wants him here' was the quote you were suggesting applied to Evans too.

Big girls blouse.
Login to get fewer ads

Why is he still at the club? on 09:45 - Feb 14 with 2335 viewsBluefish

Why is he still at the club? on 09:36 - Feb 14 by Fixed_It

Sorry - you are not my spokesman.

You'd be a lot better if I was

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Why is he still at the club? on 09:48 - Feb 14 with 2293 viewsPecker

Why is he still at the club? on 09:38 - Feb 14 by Fixed_It

As you are not the "spokesman" for every Ipswich Town fan. Just saying.
Why is he still at the club? on 10:26 - Feb 14 with 2163 viewsGeoffSentence

In answer to your initial question, it is because he was recently given a new five year contract.

You are welcome.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why is he still at the club? on 10:48 - Feb 14 with 2079 viewsRyorry

I do, at least till end of this season.

A very recent poll showed that over a third who voted (total no. of voters was over a hundred I believe) want him to stay.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Why is he still at the club? on 11:53 - Feb 14 with 1929 viewsRobTheMonk

He'll be here to the end of the season I reckon. The Lambert Lifeline are the games in April and May but by that point it could be too late...

As stated previously, he's not done anything of note since he's got here other than positive PR and uniting a squad that Hurst wrecked. But then you could have had a giraffe with polio as manager after Hurst and the mood would have improved.
Why is he still at the club? on 12:13 - Feb 14 with 1873 viewsSwansea_Blue

I realise it's hard to get behind the team when they give us very little to cheer about. And I think PL's doing a bad job at the moment. And Evans is slowly killing us.

But despite that, I wonder what would happen if everyone accepted where/how we are at the moment and just got behind the team and the club? Unreserved support for everyone. If we tried to re-kindled some of the good vibes from last season. Do you think it would make a difference or do you think we'd still struggle for results (as was the case last year despite all the positivity)?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why is he still at the club? on 23:23 - Feb 15 with 1651 viewsHARRY10

Why is he still at the club? on 09:37 - Feb 14 by HARRY10

I do.

The real point is that we have a fanbase who are deluded about how quick and easier it will be to turn things around.

There's a fair bit of work to do to revive the club after a decade and more of decline. Take a look at all the former PL clubs who are stagnating in the Championship. Are they all suffering through not having the 'right' manager ?

How went the protest today ?

uneducated

uninformed

unpopular

underage
Why is he still at the club? on 23:39 - Feb 15 with 1577 viewsunstableblue

Why is he still at the club? on 12:13 - Feb 14 by Swansea_Blue

I realise it's hard to get behind the team when they give us very little to cheer about. And I think PL's doing a bad job at the moment. And Evans is slowly killing us.

But despite that, I wonder what would happen if everyone accepted where/how we are at the moment and just got behind the team and the club? Unreserved support for everyone. If we tried to re-kindled some of the good vibes from last season. Do you think it would make a difference or do you think we'd still struggle for results (as was the case last year despite all the positivity)?

In reality 3 of our last 4 games have seen good and entertaining performances; and we still attracted nearly 20,000 fans today, probably as a result.

It’s our inability to beat a promotion rivals and an ability to be consistent and to turn possession into goals.

But to your point football is fine margins, Norwood hitting the bar on Tuesday, and to not fold when one down today. If the crowd had turned rather than sighed, we may have lost. And to your point I think the post mortem of this season needs to be at the end, and the fans need to back the boys rabidly, relentless tribal singing, building to a frenzy. We’d get promoted.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Why is he still at the club? on 23:58 - Feb 15 with 1514 viewsDeano69

Buddy, he is going nowhere. Get over it. Best thing we can all do is support the club which includes the owner, manager, players and anyone else at the club, regardless of our feelings, good or bad for them.

ITID.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024