Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"In Africa, the player who does not lower his age cannot be professional" 16:36 - Feb 28 with 1333 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jesus,

So how old was Finidi?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

"In Africa, the player who does not lower his age cannot be professional" on 16:44 - Feb 28 with 1310 viewshoppy

18 when he joined us??

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

"In Africa, the player who does not lower his age cannot be professional" on 17:21 - Feb 28 with 1255 viewshoppy

Just realised. you could possibly pose that exact question - who was older, out of the two you mention there in your post...?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

"In Africa, the player who does not lower his age cannot be professional" on 17:22 - Feb 28 with 1246 viewsPJH

"In Africa, the player who does not lower his age cannot be professional" on 17:21 - Feb 28 by hoppy

Just realised. you could possibly pose that exact question - who was older, out of the two you mention there in your post...?

One of them is still playing, scored the other night in Madrid.
"In Africa, the player who does not lower his age cannot be professional" on 18:21 - Feb 28 with 1186 viewstractordownsouth

Has Ndaw admitted how old he actually is?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

"In Africa, the player who does not lower his age cannot be professional" on 18:27 - Feb 28 with 1170 viewsSomethingBlue

"In Africa, the player who does not lower his age cannot be professional" on 18:21 - Feb 28 by tractordownsouth

Has Ndaw admitted how old he actually is?

He might not actually know — which is also extremely common.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

"In Africa, the player who does not lower his age cannot be professional" on 23:11 - Feb 28 with 975 viewsallezlesbleus

"In Africa, the player who does not lower his age cannot be professional" on 18:27 - Feb 28 by SomethingBlue

This is a true story. I worked for a while in Botshabelo township, about 50kms from Bloemfontein. The company I worked for had an old wrinkly guy, who done a few old jobs and a spot of gardening for them. One lunchtime, I was chatting with him and I asked him how old he was. "Boss" he said, "I don't know how old I am, but I was born in the year of the great locust plague".
"In Africa, the player who does not lower his age cannot be professional" on 10:45 - Feb 29 with 816 viewsBogblue

"In Africa, the player who does not lower his age cannot be professional" on 18:27 - Feb 28 by SomethingBlue

True dat
(No subject) on 12:25 - Feb 29 with 764 viewsclive_baker

I was reliably informed that based on the findings of various medical tests and examinations while here, it was believed he was 37 when he signed with us, rather than 30. That would make him mid 50’s now. Kind of makes sense given his career was pretty much over when he was supposedly 32, which in reality would’ve been 39. Giving a 37 year old a 4 year £20k a week deal is mad in hindsight.

He signed for Ajax with Kanu, when they were 22 and 20 respectively but allegedly they were both late 20’s at the time. If it’s true of Kanu then he was still playing in the premier league at 40 for Pompey, and Championship at 41. Not totally unrealistic given the nature of how he played the game. Lower level of course but Kevin Ellison is still handy for Morecambe and he’s 41.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 12:28]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024