Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers 09:28 - Mar 16 with 916 viewsgiant_stow

At the bottom if this are article (the APPLE bit)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51873799

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 09:39 - Mar 16 with 875 viewsSwailsey

Read that earlier and thought of you! Had meant to message you.

Really good article - thanks for sharing.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 09:42 - Mar 16 with 861 viewsgiant_stow

Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 09:39 - Mar 16 by Swailsey

Read that earlier and thought of you! Had meant to message you.

Really good article - thanks for sharing.

Ta mr - im gonna start appling today! All the best.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 10:34 - Mar 16 with 832 viewsDebsyAngel

I feel like the first case study in that report. Good article but I wish news sites etc would only run stories that were fact. The latest ones have made me terrified and I am struggling to function and feel it would be best if I just topped myself to be honest. I can;t see this thing going away at all. IF it takes my parents, that would push me over the edge.
Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 10:41 - Mar 16 with 813 viewsgiant_stow

Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 10:34 - Mar 16 by DebsyAngel

I feel like the first case study in that report. Good article but I wish news sites etc would only run stories that were fact. The latest ones have made me terrified and I am struggling to function and feel it would be best if I just topped myself to be honest. I can;t see this thing going away at all. IF it takes my parents, that would push me over the edge.

It will go away or be solved eventually - we've just got to hang in there. If you're feeling suicidal is there anyone you could talk to about it? We need to keep this in perspective: for me that means it's serious, but not necesarilly catasprophic and certainly not for all. You and your folks could all be fine even if you catch it - hang in there and look for small silly things to enjoy that make you happy.

Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 10:42 - Mar 16 with 811 viewsLord_Lucan

Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 10:34 - Mar 16 by DebsyAngel

Debs, I know you are nervous but you are worrying yourself into an early grave.

I will probably see you later today by the way - or tomorrow latest.

Edit; Call The Samaritans if you feel that bad.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 10:43]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 10:57 - Mar 16 with 792 viewsDebsyAngel

Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 10:41 - Mar 16 by giant_stow

It will go away or be solved eventually - we've just got to hang in there. If you're feeling suicidal is there anyone you could talk to about it? We need to keep this in perspective: for me that means it's serious, but not necesarilly catasprophic and certainly not for all. You and your folks could all be fine even if you catch it - hang in there and look for small silly things to enjoy that make you happy.

I have my husband but most of my friends on Facebook are treating this whole thing as a joke which sickens me. My doctors have failed me all my life on my mental health problems and I cannot even take antidepressants as it affects an eye condition I have and is too risky. I try to take my mind off things and do some work at home and cleaning etc but it;s when I have to go out that I get so frightened. I use the hand gel when I can, and even taking wipes to clean screens before I use them (the looks I got off some last week when I weighed myself in Boots really annoyed me), and once home I wash my hands thoroughly.
Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 10:58 - Mar 16 with 790 viewsDebsyAngel

Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 10:42 - Mar 16 by Lord_Lucan

Debs, I know you are nervous but you are worrying yourself into an early grave.

I will probably see you later today by the way - or tomorrow latest.

Edit; Call The Samaritans if you feel that bad.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 10:43]

Ok, I may see you or it will be my husband otherwise.
Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 11:06 - Mar 16 with 777 viewsgiant_stow

Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 10:57 - Mar 16 by DebsyAngel

I have my husband but most of my friends on Facebook are treating this whole thing as a joke which sickens me. My doctors have failed me all my life on my mental health problems and I cannot even take antidepressants as it affects an eye condition I have and is too risky. I try to take my mind off things and do some work at home and cleaning etc but it;s when I have to go out that I get so frightened. I use the hand gel when I can, and even taking wipes to clean screens before I use them (the looks I got off some last week when I weighed myself in Boots really annoyed me), and once home I wash my hands thoroughly.

Sounds like you're taking the right protective steps (obvs I'm no expert) so you have that covered - just don't let it run away into obsessive washing. With the drepression, all i can suggest (other than seeing Lucan alot as he comes over a cheery good fella!) is taking pleasure in the small things: if you're a gardenner, appreciate those buds spouting out, now more than ever. Cherish that hug off your husband, enjoy that epiusode of Fraiser on the morning telly sort of stuff! Oh and maybe turn off Facebook - it's starting to get me down as well.

Login to get fewer ads

Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 11:14 - Mar 16 with 762 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Just wanted to say thanks for this. I have anxiety and am worrying like anything about my wife as she has severe brittle asthma. I am taking this very seriously, people who think it's "just the flu" bother me. Even the flu could kill her.

This will also be helpful for my step-daughter, she has anxiety in a big way and is petrified of being ill. This has all tipped her over the edge quite a bit so will sit down with her tonight and have a chat with her about it all calmly I think (recent attempts have led to her shutting herself away and refusing to talk or think about it)
Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 11:50 - Mar 16 with 721 viewsgiant_stow

Good advice for ocd and anxiety sufferers on 11:14 - Mar 16 by Decoy_Octopus

Just wanted to say thanks for this. I have anxiety and am worrying like anything about my wife as she has severe brittle asthma. I am taking this very seriously, people who think it's "just the flu" bother me. Even the flu could kill her.

This will also be helpful for my step-daughter, she has anxiety in a big way and is petrified of being ill. This has all tipped her over the edge quite a bit so will sit down with her tonight and have a chat with her about it all calmly I think (recent attempts have led to her shutting herself away and refusing to talk or think about it)

Sh1t, sounds like a tough situation - really hope you can help both get on top of things. all the best.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024