Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This offer by the EPL... 09:22 - Apr 4 with 440 viewsChrisd

Is it just me or does it not sit comfortably with others on here? I appreciate that football is an easy target, but when the players have to be ‘asked’ to take a 30% wage reduction when non playing staff at their respective clubs are being put on furlough it just sits in my craw. Where’s the morality? Think it would’ve looked far better to the outside world if those club owners and players collective had been more proactive and actually ‘offered’ to support their lesser paid co-workers rather than being instructed. Got far more respect for the players at Leeds United and Barcelona for their actions during this difficult time.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 10:51]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

This offer by the EPL... on 10:15 - Apr 4 with 365 viewsandytown

Not the EPL offer, but I understood that players could not be furloughed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52156758

So does this mean that govt pay 2500 per month meaning clubs can pay remaining 20% of whatever the players are on?
This offer by the EPL... on 10:25 - Apr 4 with 354 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I believe the difference is in the contracts and so what clubs are allowed to do.

Players need to be made to realise that if they insist on taking full pay they will bankrupt clubs that are getting no income.

The offer of £125M to lower leagues is more disgraceful when put into the context of how much money they pay out to clubs and the fact it is not extra money but an advance on money they would pay anyway.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024