Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? 17:06 - Apr 21 with 5310 viewsLord_Lucan

And before anyone starts throwing things at me I fully appreciate some people are in awful situations, a point that I have often mentioned and I also fully appreciate that some people have lost loved ones and or are dead.

But I have to say personally I'm finding it quite soothing at the moment.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:10 - Apr 21 with 2376 viewsPJH

Is that two questions in your header?
Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:11 - Apr 21 with 2375 viewscatch74

Same.

The pub is open 365 days a year, seven days a week etc etc
It’s so strange to not have all the worries going with this, I miss the customer interaction but I’m quite happy at home with the family.

Like you - thoughts with anyone having a tougher time, those who have lost loved ones.its a very weird situation.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:25 - Apr 21 with 2321 viewsWeWereZombies

I did my weekly shop this morning, very few people in the main town on the island. Normally by this time of the year the place is rammed with tourists and it is a struggle to even walk down the street, so the peace is very welcome for me but probably less so for B&B owners, cafes and so on who have had to close up.

Stopped half way home to have a walk over an ancient bridge that is usually jammed with photographers, I was the only one around today. A coastguard helicopter flew over and I wondered if I was going to get shouted at through a loudhailer but it just lazily circled and went off. You get a flavour of what things were like forty years ago when the A road was single track and the only visitors were a handful of climbers. Not even any climbers about at the moment, the Mountain Rescue have just gone four weeks without a call out for the first time in nineteen years.

As you say, there are some really enjoyable upsides to the containment. And that is before the environmental advantages are taken into account. I wonder if we will come out of this appreciating the benefits of a quieter pace of life or whether we will all suddenly turn into the dingbats that we were and re-engage with a manic lifestyle as if it was actually worth living?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:25 - Apr 21 with 2322 viewsLord_Lucan

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:11 - Apr 21 by catch74

Same.

The pub is open 365 days a year, seven days a week etc etc
It’s so strange to not have all the worries going with this, I miss the customer interaction but I’m quite happy at home with the family.

Like you - thoughts with anyone having a tougher time, those who have lost loved ones.its a very weird situation.

We are actually busier than normal and if something gets delivered late I just blame it on warehouse staff self isolating and no one moans.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:25 - Apr 21 with 2310 viewsmonytowbray

It’s a break from life and I’m into it.

Helps I’m still earning though, so I don’t have that stress.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:28 - Apr 21 with 2294 viewsfooters

It's great. Just lounge about all day eating, drinking and reading in between work and don't have to see other people. Brilliant.

Although the work 'social' calls are getting a bit much...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:28 - Apr 21 with 2300 viewsLord_Lucan

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:25 - Apr 21 by WeWereZombies

I did my weekly shop this morning, very few people in the main town on the island. Normally by this time of the year the place is rammed with tourists and it is a struggle to even walk down the street, so the peace is very welcome for me but probably less so for B&B owners, cafes and so on who have had to close up.

Stopped half way home to have a walk over an ancient bridge that is usually jammed with photographers, I was the only one around today. A coastguard helicopter flew over and I wondered if I was going to get shouted at through a loudhailer but it just lazily circled and went off. You get a flavour of what things were like forty years ago when the A road was single track and the only visitors were a handful of climbers. Not even any climbers about at the moment, the Mountain Rescue have just gone four weeks without a call out for the first time in nineteen years.

As you say, there are some really enjoyable upsides to the containment. And that is before the environmental advantages are taken into account. I wonder if we will come out of this appreciating the benefits of a quieter pace of life or whether we will all suddenly turn into the dingbats that we were and re-engage with a manic lifestyle as if it was actually worth living?

I mentioned to Lady Lucan today that I wonder if people will be a bit nicer after this, we then had an argument over pork chops.

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:29 - Apr 21 with 2285 viewsWD19

It helps that the sun is blazing.

I am also quite enjoying the break from Sky Sports.

.....but work is manic and stressful, so not enjoying the experience as much as some.
Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:30 - Apr 21 with 2274 viewsPinewoodblue

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:25 - Apr 21 by WeWereZombies

Apparently air quality in LA is better than it has been in ages.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:31 - Apr 21 with 2265 viewsNthQldITFC

I'm certainly enjoying the quietness; lack of traffic on the roads (I'm a cyclist), lack of aircraft and contrails in the sky, and the ability to hear birdsong more clearly in more places.

I also hope that there could be some positive changes coming out of this, with regard to a wider appreciation of nature, and a voluntary or involuntary reduction in consumption of all things, in the hope of making some inroads into the bigger challenge to come.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:34 - Apr 21 with 2240 viewsSharkey

I drink so much less, so I sleep better and generally feel more awake. I've never been fond of drinking at home. I stocked up a few weeks ago, but it's remained untouched.
Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:34 - Apr 21 with 2239 viewsWeWereZombies

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:31 - Apr 21 by NthQldITFC

I'm certainly enjoying the quietness; lack of traffic on the roads (I'm a cyclist), lack of aircraft and contrails in the sky, and the ability to hear birdsong more clearly in more places.

I also hope that there could be some positive changes coming out of this, with regard to a wider appreciation of nature, and a voluntary or involuntary reduction in consumption of all things, in the hope of making some inroads into the bigger challenge to come.

I looked out of the kitchen window a couple of days ago and there was a single contrail across a clear blue sky, it was spreading out to about six times the width that they normally occupy. It seems even the water vapour is relaxing and going expansive at the moment.

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:35 - Apr 21 with 2224 viewsNewcyBlue

This is all pretty normal for me to be honest.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:37 - Apr 21 with 2223 viewsJ2BLUE

Sort of. Missing football and seeing family. Doesn't feel much like a lockdown though as it's light, bright, airy and sunny. The view out of my window is a load of gardens including mine.

I doubt it feels the same on the 12th floor of a London tower block though so it's made me even more appreciative of my home and my little garden.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:37 - Apr 21 with 2221 viewsSharkey

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:29 - Apr 21 by WD19

It helps that the sun is blazing.

I am also quite enjoying the break from Sky Sports.

.....but work is manic and stressful, so not enjoying the experience as much as some.

Sometimes I wonder if I dare turn on Talksport and find out what they're finding to have their staged devil's-advocate arguments about.
Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:37 - Apr 21 with 2222 viewsBloomBlue

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:28 - Apr 21 by Lord_Lucan

I mentioned to Lady Lucan today that I wonder if people will be a bit nicer after this, we then had an argument over pork chops.

I think it will be another Princess Diana situation, that week after she died the Country was all nice and polite. I remember driving on the M25 a few times that week, people were indicating to move out of a lane to overtake, people moved over to the inside lane, people would flash politely to let you out, people would acknowledge each other with a polite wave to thank you. I had never seen that polite driving in all my life and it was everyone. That continued into the second week but by the time it reached the second Thursday/Friday nobody was indicating, nobody moved into the inside lane, nobody would let you out the only acknowledging consisted of two fingers or one finger - everything was back to pre PD death
Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:39 - Apr 21 with 2204 viewsSharkey

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:37 - Apr 21 by BloomBlue

I think it will be another Princess Diana situation, that week after she died the Country was all nice and polite. I remember driving on the M25 a few times that week, people were indicating to move out of a lane to overtake, people moved over to the inside lane, people would flash politely to let you out, people would acknowledge each other with a polite wave to thank you. I had never seen that polite driving in all my life and it was everyone. That continued into the second week but by the time it reached the second Thursday/Friday nobody was indicating, nobody moved into the inside lane, nobody would let you out the only acknowledging consisted of two fingers or one finger - everything was back to pre PD death

I was SO out of touch with the mood of the nation. I was shocked that they cancelled football, as she had nothing to do with football.
Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:41 - Apr 21 with 2201 viewsGlasgowBlue

Taking a big hit financially but am enjoying chilling out and not being part of the rat race, getting the odd job done around the house but spending a massive amount of time with the family that I can only normally do at weekends.

Should start food and prescription deliveries next week which will also give me a different perspective.

And yes, I appreciate that people are dying and tragedy is yet to hit anyone close to me but the chill time has done me a lot of favours.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:43 - Apr 21 with 2199 viewsfactual_blue

It's very nice, although I can see it might not be everybody's cup of tea.

Leisurely morning, Bargain Hunt, hour or so in the garden, then a walk round the fields and footpaths. Watch a bit more Upstairs Downstairs (now half way through series five). Episode of QI. Bed

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:47 - Apr 21 with 2176 viewsGuthrum

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:30 - Apr 21 by Pinewoodblue

Apparently air quality in LA is better than it has been in ages.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/apr/11/positively-alpine-disbelief-

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:48 - Apr 21 with 2168 viewsWeWereZombies

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:39 - Apr 21 by Sharkey

I was SO out of touch with the mood of the nation. I was shocked that they cancelled football, as she had nothing to do with football.

You really were out of touch, Mark McGhee had just signed her to play in goal for Wolves...

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:51 - Apr 21 with 2142 viewsgiant_stow

Being brutallly honest, I'd be enjoying it more without the stress of childcare and a surprisingly busy work life right now.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:54 - Apr 21 with 2112 viewsjeera

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:34 - Apr 21 by Sharkey

I drink so much less, so I sleep better and generally feel more awake. I've never been fond of drinking at home. I stocked up a few weeks ago, but it's remained untouched.

If it's in the way I can PM you my address.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 18:04 - Apr 21 with 2046 viewsfactual_blue

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:51 - Apr 21 by giant_stow

Being brutallly honest, I'd be enjoying it more without the stress of childcare and a surprisingly busy work life right now.

Surely the extended family with you in your wattle and daub hut can help look after the children?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 18:04 - Apr 21 with 2044 viewsNthQldITFC

Is anyone else actually quite enjoying this lockdown or am I a weirdo? on 17:54 - Apr 21 by jeera

If it's in the way I can PM you my address.

I'm happy to collect (by bicycle of course).

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024