Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? 12:31 - Apr 29 with 1256 viewsMattinLondon

One thing that has sort of bugged me is why did David Nugent act like a proper bell end when he scored a hat-trick against us? Don’t recall our fans abusing him or anything like that prior to that match.

Some strikers, love to return some abuse directed to them by laughing at opposition fans when they score. But they get bored and move on - however on that day he was a right knob for all of the match and should have been sent-off. Does anyone know why he was like that or is the simple answer the right one and he simply is an idiot?
Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 12:36 - Apr 29 with 1230 viewsDarth_Koont

I think he's always been like that, hasn't he? I never took it as personal, apart from the fact that he had a ridiculous record against us.

Pronouns: He/Him

Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 12:45 - Apr 29 with 1199 viewspatrickswell

It dates back to a match at Portman Road in August 2005. Nugent clattered Luis Castro Sito with a tackle which could have seen him sent off, but which only resulted in a yellow card (I never saw the match, but heard it on the radio). He got inevitably booed, but went onto score twice and celebrated gleefully in front of the North Stand.

Apparently by the time he was scoring for Leicester/Middlesbrough against us his reactions were a kind of “Look, what can I do about this? I can’t help it.”
Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 12:51 - Apr 29 with 1177 viewsfactual_blue

A Preston-supporting friend tells me he was like that all the time, so nothing personal towards Town.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 12:54 - Apr 29 with 1168 viewsbournemouthblue

I can remember him putting in a challenge earlier in the game where he was lucky to remain on the pitch. He was booed there after and then to add insult to injury, went and scored several goals and rubbed our noses in it

Frankly he should have been yellowed for cupping his ears at the North Stand

He seemed to score against us all the time

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 13:04 - Apr 29 with 1140 viewsMattinLondon

Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 12:54 - Apr 29 by bournemouthblue

I can remember him putting in a challenge earlier in the game where he was lucky to remain on the pitch. He was booed there after and then to add insult to injury, went and scored several goals and rubbed our noses in it

Frankly he should have been yellowed for cupping his ears at the North Stand

He seemed to score against us all the time

I don’t actually remember him putting in a bad challenge - the referee certainly bottled the red card.
Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 13:11 - Apr 29 with 1127 viewsmonytowbray

He was a well known p1ss artist at Pompey. Used to always be out on the razz. Saw him a couple of times myself.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 13:15 - Apr 29 with 1115 viewsSwansea_Blue

Occam's razor innit

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 13:18 - Apr 29 with 1094 viewsFifeITFC

Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 12:51 - Apr 29 by factual_blue

A Preston-supporting friend tells me he was like that all the time, so nothing personal towards Town.

At the end of the day, if it had been one of our players constantly winding up the opposition when he scored we'd all be lapping it up like he's a hero.

Of course, that would mean we would have a single striker capable of scoring multiple goals...

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 13:32 - Apr 29 with 1069 viewsRadlett_blue

Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 12:51 - Apr 29 by factual_blue

Indeed. We wanted him when he was a young player at Bury, but he preferred a move to more local Preston. Jim tried to get him on loan from Portsmouth & Jewell also showed interest but he went to Leicester. Nugent sounded as if he would have been happy to come to PR & I'm sure our fans would have liked him as long as he kept on scoring goals.
His one goal from an 11 minute appearance as an England sub must make him the most prolific England players in terms of minutes/goals.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 13:33 - Apr 29 with 1067 viewsEnigma_Blue

Will Never forget his one and only England goal which he effectively stole of Jermaine Defoe. Defoe's shot was goal bound but Nugent hit it just before it crossed the goal line.
What made it worse were his comments afterwards in his post match interview when he expressed genuine satisfaction over having accomplished a 1 Goal/1 Cap national team record.
One of the biggest Tw*ts in football.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 13:35]
Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 13:50 - Apr 29 with 1030 viewsKeno

Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 13:15 - Apr 29 by Swansea_Blue

Occam's razor innit

I dont think he has a beard

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 14:38 - Apr 29 with 973 viewsGeoffSentence

Why was David Nugent acting like a bell end when he was at Preston? on 13:33 - Apr 29 by Enigma_Blue

Will Never forget his one and only England goal which he effectively stole of Jermaine Defoe. Defoe's shot was goal bound but Nugent hit it just before it crossed the goal line.
What made it worse were his comments afterwards in his post match interview when he expressed genuine satisfaction over having accomplished a 1 Goal/1 Cap national team record.
One of the biggest Tw*ts in football.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 13:35]

I think he did the right thing by making sure. It was dribbling over the line and there was a defender right behind him.

If Roger Hunt had the same attitude and had headed in Geoff Hurst's goal that may or may not have been a goal in the world cup we wouldn't have had years of anguishing over it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024