Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael O’Leary 09:19 - May 12 with 1898 viewsblueislander

On breakfast TV saying that Ryanair are going to run most of their flights from July 1 st. No social distancing on the plane, but face masks obligatory. He said that people will just ignore the 14 days isolation rule on their return. He didn’t elaborate on what the protocol might be prior to boarding. He said people want to go to the usual holiday destinations, but ,at the moment there are still very tight restrictions on hotels, restaurants etc. in these destinations. What do folk think?
Michael O’Leary on 09:23 - May 12 with 1557 viewsTIB

Fly July 2nd to Berlin with them. As I mentioned on here the other week, it's a stag do and no one wants to go as feels ridiculous and irresponsible.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Michael O’Leary on 09:38 - May 12 with 1496 viewsHerbivore

His main priority should be refunding the people whose money he's still holding on to from the cancelled flights.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Couple of things..... on 09:39 - May 12 with 1499 viewsBloots

…..1. O'Leary is a knob.

2. I expect most of the destinations he flies to will also have a 2 week quarantine/isolation at their end (I think Spain has announced it this morning) so flying to "the med" will be a totally pointless exercise anyway.

3. O'Leary is a turd.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Michael O’Leary on 09:41 - May 12 with 1480 viewsBlueBadger

I think this whole thing is headed for a massive second wave, because the government are incompetent 'market uber alles' loons who are happy to let people die to keep their mates in big business in yachts.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Michael O’Leary on 09:43 - May 12 with 1468 viewsgiant_stow

Hows he going to run all those flights if no one wants to fly?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Michael O’Leary on 09:49 - May 12 with 1454 viewsTIB

Michael O’Leary on 09:43 - May 12 by giant_stow

Sounds like he's just going to force things so he can "legally" take peoples money rather than offer refunds. I fully envisage being told our flight is going ahead and we can either get on it, risk spreading the virus and get to a city that'll be pretty much fully closed...OR...we can just not go but he can still take our money.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Michael O’Leary on 09:58 - May 12 with 1406 viewsgordon

Michael O’Leary on 09:41 - May 12 by BlueBadger

I think this whole thing is headed for a massive second wave, because the government are incompetent 'market uber alles' loons who are happy to let people die to keep their mates in big business in yachts.

I can't see any doubt that we're heading to a significant second wave.
Michael O’Leary on 10:02 - May 12 with 1396 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

They won’t be selling many however anyone that had already bought tickets would be no longer entitled to a refund if the flight is going and they have declined to travel

Presumably they’ll have done the maths and concluded it is more cost effective to run near-empty flights than refund customers (not that they’re doing that currently, well not immediately anyway)

I’m in the minority that has sympathy for the wider travel industry not following refund regulations currently however it’s impossible to justify scummy practices like this. But then I guess that’s what you get by booking with Ryanair

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Michael O’Leary on 10:03 - May 12 with 1387 viewsBlueBadger

Michael O’Leary on 09:58 - May 12 by gordon

I can't see any doubt that we're heading to a significant second wave.

Germany and S Korea are both experiencing an uptick at the moment, and they're places which are generally regarded as having managed this very well indeed.
The way our government are managing things, we will not be back to anything resembling normal life until 2025.
When Boris will be running an election campaign based around how he's 'got covid done'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Michael O’Leary on 10:03 - May 12 with 1390 viewsGeoffSentence

The face mask thing is just a visible signal that they are doing something. Air flow design on aircraft is actually pretty tight and the air is also very well filtered. Cross infection by touch is the bigger problem on aeroplanes, particularly when everyone is so crowded together.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

You forgot... on 10:03 - May 12 with 1388 viewsBlueBadger

Couple of things..... on 09:39 - May 12 by Bloots

…..1. O'Leary is a knob.

2. I expect most of the destinations he flies to will also have a 2 week quarantine/isolation at their end (I think Spain has announced it this morning) so flying to "the med" will be a totally pointless exercise anyway.

3. O'Leary is a turd.

....4. Lambert out.

Genuinely..... on 10:05 - May 12 with 1373 viewsBloots

You forgot... on 10:03 - May 12 by BlueBadger

....4. Lambert out.

….I was about to edit it.

Then I noticed that you were around, so assumed you'd do the honours.

Lambert out.

Genuinely..... on 10:06 - May 12 with 1365 viewsBlueBadger

Genuinely..... on 10:05 - May 12 by Bloots

….I was about to edit it.

Then I noticed that you were around, so assumed you'd do the honours.

Lambert out.

You set 'em up, I'll tuck 'em away. We're like the Ambrose and Bent of TWTD.

Couple of things..... on 10:08 - May 12 with 1354 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Couple of things..... on 09:39 - May 12 by Bloots

…..1. O'Leary is a knob.

3. O'Leary is a turd.

I won't have that. Dermot is a fine man.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Couple of things..... on 10:11 - May 12 with 1334 viewsBlueBadger

Couple of things..... on 10:08 - May 12 by The_Last_Baron

I won't have that. Dermot is a fine man.

Yeah, he's up there with Dominc Cummings, Michael Gove and Piers Morgan.

Michael O’Leary on 10:14 - May 12 with 1313 viewsBlueBadger

Michael O’Leary on 09:38 - May 12 by Herbivore

His main priority should be refunding the people whose money he's still holding on to from the cancelled flights.

He's planning on doing it right after Tim Martin pays all his suppliers.

Genuinely..... on 10:17 - May 12 with 1293 viewsfactual_blue

Genuinely..... on 10:06 - May 12 by BlueBadger

You set 'em up, I'll tuck 'em away. We're like the Ambrose and Bent of TWTD.

Which of you is bent?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Genuinely..... on 10:19 - May 12 with 1283 viewsBlueBadger

Genuinely..... on 10:17 - May 12 by factual_blue

Which of you is bent?

Put it this way, I'm the one with the girl's job...

Genuinely..... on 10:25 - May 12 with 1262 viewsfactual_blue

Genuinely..... on 10:19 - May 12 by BlueBadger

Put it this way, I'm the one with the girl's job...

Bloots then.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Michael O’Leary on 10:49 - May 12 with 1222 viewshampstead_blue

Michael O’Leary on 09:38 - May 12 by Herbivore

have you seen the interview he gave talking about this?
Might be worthwhile watching it as it gives you an insight into the scale of the job in hand.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Michael O’Leary on 10:56 - May 12 with 1211 viewsGuthrum

Or, for that matter, if most of the airports (or the countries where they are) won't accept the incoming passengers.

Also, nobody's going on a week's holiday in Spain if they have to sit in quarantine for a fortnight on the way there and after they come back.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Make sure you stay alert.... on 11:12 - May 12 with 1171 viewsBloots

Genuinely..... on 10:25 - May 12 by factual_blue

Bloots then.

….when I'm around then Gramps.

Michael O’Leary on 11:55 - May 12 with 1102 viewsWestover

O'Leary is on the ball, he says the two weeks isolation can't be enforced, think about it thousands flying into the UK every day how can they check if you are staying at home.
He said he expects flights to be 40 or 50% full, all would have masks, the bloke from Wizz air was asked would people without masks be turned away he eventually after saying when he had taken flights they all had masks said they would, O'Leary said no problem the reason people without masks would not even get into the Airport.

Like him or not he's a smart cookie 😉
[Post edited 12 May 2020 12:11]
Michael O’Leary on 12:12 - May 12 with 1062 viewsElephantintheRoom

That's not quite true. He said that there would be temperature tests for all passengers outside the airport and compulsory face masks - and anyone with a temperature (and everyone in that group) will not be allowed into the terminal. He also said that all RyanAir planes have 'hospital level air conditioning'. And pointed out that there is no quarantine for anyone flying to or from France and Ireland which makes the unenforceable quarantine bluster both mad and unenforceable. He also pointed out that air travel would be safer than using the underground.. or any other form of UK public transport and encouraged everyone to look at their video showing thorough deep cleaning etc.

He's quite right.. one of the great lies of the fake lockdown has been the absurdity of running public transport which has resulted in bus drivers being 4x more likely to die from covid than doctors in hospitals.

Whether anyone is mad enough to risk flying rhis summer it is a moot point.... but things could be very different in all sorts of ways by then

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Michael O’Leary on 12:14 - May 12 with 1060 viewsblueislander

Michael O’Leary on 11:55 - May 12 by Westover

O'Leary is on the ball, he says the two weeks isolation can't be enforced, think about it thousands flying into the UK every day how can they check if you are staying at home.
He said he expects flights to be 40 or 50% full, all would have masks, the bloke from Wizz air was asked would people without masks be turned away he eventually after saying when he had taken flights they all had masks said they would, O'Leary said no problem the reason people without masks would not even get into the Airport.

Like him or not he's a smart cookie 😉
[Post edited 12 May 2020 12:11]

Not that smart. Spain has announced that all arriving passengers will have to quarantine for two weeks . You think that holiday makers are going to do that. Or maybe you will applaud him for encouraging people to ignore governments’ instructions and risk spreading the disease?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024