Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District 14:12 - Jun 3 with 1681 viewsSteve_M

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-52894643

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 14:23 - Jun 3 with 1642 viewsHalf_Idiot

It's honestly ridiculous the amount of people from the city that go out there and do stupid stuff like this.

People have been "unloading" in cemeteries and littering everywhere!

The locals are livid with the loosening of restrictions by the government!
I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 14:31 - Jun 3 with 1616 viewsjeera

There's a picture of some bbq food in case the reader isn't clear:

Some people are scum though.

Complaints of rubbish being strewn about around the coastlines too:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52890608

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 14:41 - Jun 3 with 1586 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 14:31 - Jun 3 by jeera

There's a picture of some bbq food in case the reader isn't clear:

Some people are scum though.

Complaints of rubbish being strewn about around the coastlines too:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52890608

Agreed. Crystal Palace park has little pockets of rubbish where you can see a large group has had a get-together and just left all their sh!t there. It amazes me that there's not one person in the group who, as they walk away, doesn't look at the cr@p they're leaving behind and say, "Come on guys, let's not leave all this here."

If my mates did that I'd have a word - or they would with me. Such a beautiful park and this is how some treat it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 15:03 - Jun 3 with 1538 viewsjeera

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 14:41 - Jun 3 by BrixtonBlue

Agreed. Crystal Palace park has little pockets of rubbish where you can see a large group has had a get-together and just left all their sh!t there. It amazes me that there's not one person in the group who, as they walk away, doesn't look at the cr@p they're leaving behind and say, "Come on guys, let's not leave all this here."

If my mates did that I'd have a word - or they would with me. Such a beautiful park and this is how some treat it.

Littering is something that is hard for anyone with half a brain to take on board isn't it.

Just why?

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 15:23 - Jun 3 with 1509 viewsFixed_It

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 15:03 - Jun 3 by jeera

Littering is something that is hard for anyone with half a brain to take on board isn't it.

Just why?

We now have a whole generation (and their children) who seem totally oblivious of the need to use a bin, and assume someone else will pick up after them. I would personally re-introduce the death penalty for that alone!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 15:29 - Jun 3 with 1493 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 15:03 - Jun 3 by jeera

Just why?

Indeed. I'm sure if they walked into a lovely park and found it strewn with rubbish they'd agree it's not remotely as nice as a litter free park. So why on earth do they do it themselves?

Just sheer laziness I imagine. Or stupidity. Or both.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 15:32 - Jun 3 with 1480 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 15:23 - Jun 3 by Fixed_It

We now have a whole generation (and their children) who seem totally oblivious of the need to use a bin, and assume someone else will pick up after them. I would personally re-introduce the death penalty for that alone!

I was brought up with putting sweet wrappers in Mum's bag. Didn't ever occur to me to drop it on the floor and it still doesn't now.

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 15:34 - Jun 3 with 1476 viewsSteve_M

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 14:41 - Jun 3 by BrixtonBlue

Same on Hampstead Heath, couple of times when I've been for an early morning walk it;s been a disgrace around Parliament Hill Fields.

Not a new thing though as Fixed It implies, some people have always been tw ats.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 16:59 - Jun 3 with 1398 viewsPendejo

Telegraph Hill and Peckham Rye parks have both had a spectacular amount of rubbish piled in and around the bins, but not so much left here there and everywhere, I noticed someone, not park staff, tidying up the other morning.

I don't get why people don't compact their cans before binning them.

Can you imagine the homes who don't tidy up after themselves? Probably more dangerous bacteria than covid like there waiting to pounce.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 17:13 - Jun 3 with 1386 viewsjontysnut

Just why?

A couple in the park near me just dropped their drinks bottles as they were walking. Not even an attempt to disguise the fact. I politely asked them to put them in the bin about 20 yards away and it was as if I was the antisocial weirdo.
I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 17:32 - Jun 3 with 1353 viewsFixed_It

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 15:32 - Jun 3 by BrixtonBlue

I was brought up with putting sweet wrappers in Mum's bag. Didn't ever occur to me to drop it on the floor and it still doesn't now.

It is so ingrained in me that I genuinely don't think I could just drop stuff on the floor. It really annoys me that some people just don't care!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 17:33 - Jun 3 with 1349 viewsFixed_It

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 17:13 - Jun 3 by jontysnut

A couple in the park near me just dropped their drinks bottles as they were walking. Not even an attempt to disguise the fact. I politely asked them to put them in the bin about 20 yards away and it was as if I was the antisocial weirdo.

People like that need shooting. I'm sure the jury would agree.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 18:04 - Jun 3 with 1325 viewsbluelagos

Just why?

I stopped in Capel St Mary today mid cycle ride (57 miler today :-) )and the bins are over flowing with rubbish on the floor. That isn't a tourist spot but some reason the bins clearly are not getting emptied.

Fiik why not. Same with public toilets closed pretty much everywhere - where do the councils think people are going to take a pee?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 18:11 - Jun 3 with 1303 viewsjeera

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 18:04 - Jun 3 by bluelagos

I stopped in Capel St Mary today mid cycle ride (57 miler today :-) )and the bins are over flowing with rubbish on the floor. That isn't a tourist spot but some reason the bins clearly are not getting emptied.

Fiik why not. Same with public toilets closed pretty much everywhere - where do the councils think people are going to take a pee?

Agree with the gripe about the council there.

But also you'd think someone would spot if a bin was full and not just shove it in amongst the rest knowing it will not stay put.

A bag rolls into nothing and fits into any pocket and it pees me off that people don't want to take any responsibility for themselves, you know? Going out for the day? Take a bag.

It's not hard is it.

As for toilets, if places are going to open for visiting then agree that amenities need to be open too. Otherwise stick up big signs telling people to go home. Make it clear one way or the other.

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 18:32 - Jun 3 with 1280 viewsjaykay

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 15:34 - Jun 3 by Steve_M

Same on Hampstead Heath, couple of times when I've been for an early morning walk it;s been a disgrace around Parliament Hill Fields.

Not a new thing though as Fixed It implies, some people have always been tw ats.

i think you will find it started just after 1974 although some think may 1965

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

I see people have been using their common sense in the Peak District on 22:52 - Jun 3 with 1176 viewsTractorWood

Park officials said the good weather and dry moorlands created "a perfect storm of conditions for fires".

Or summer as it's also known.

Agree they should be banned. Who is so desperate for a burger that they need it cooked on a £10 fire hazard.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024