Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't help thinking I would be more confident with Broad as 1st change... 11:32 - Jul 10 with 281 viewssparks

Additional height and skill, and one hell of a record. Especially in these conditions where there ought to be some movement available off the pitch at least.

Archer has a lot to live up to.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Can't help thinking I would be more confident with Broad as 1st change... on 14:49 - Jul 10 with 249 viewssparks

To develop that thought...

Jofra appears to be bowling at speeds no greater than Jimmy Anderson for the most part. If he is not able to bowl fast (and doesnt seem to have done so consistently since those initial games last summer) I am not really clear why he is ahead of Broad for this game.

Wood is perhaps not the most skilled bowler in the world- but he does offer something different by actually being genuinely quick.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Can't help thinking I would be more confident with Broad as 1st change... on 15:02 - Jul 10 with 242 viewsJakeITFC

Can't help thinking I would be more confident with Broad as 1st change... on 14:49 - Jul 10 by sparks

To develop that thought...

Jofra appears to be bowling at speeds no greater than Jimmy Anderson for the most part. If he is not able to bowl fast (and doesnt seem to have done so consistently since those initial games last summer) I am not really clear why he is ahead of Broad for this game.

Wood is perhaps not the most skilled bowler in the world- but he does offer something different by actually being genuinely quick.

I think Jofra uses his pace as a shock ball - his bumper at 90mph plus on the same run up (and not that back of a length) does generally seem to shake people up in a way that it wouldn't if it was his stock ball.

It's obviously the plan to blood genuine pace to get us ready for those long days in the field in Australia, but I definitely agree that is a more Broad friendly match.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024