Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skip diving 17:01 - Jun 18 with 918 viewsNthQldITFC

At the risk of exciting any lurking feathered trophy-dodgers from up the road, is anybody else here partial to a spot of skip diving? If so, what are the 'best' things you've found, and what are the most surprising/disgraceful things that you've seen thrown out?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Skip diving on 17:09 - Jun 18 with 888 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

200 Easter eggs was pretty good (early 90's)
Panel pine doors and copper boilers were my lifeline for a while so always good to see.
Supermarket food covered in bleach....not so good...except when it was on taramasalata, does anybody ever actually buy any?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Skip diving on 17:19 - Jun 18 with 873 viewsNthQldITFC

Skip diving on 17:09 - Jun 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

200 Easter eggs was pretty good (early 90's)
Panel pine doors and copper boilers were my lifeline for a while so always good to see.
Supermarket food covered in bleach....not so good...except when it was on taramasalata, does anybody ever actually buy any?

Don't incriminate yourself, but I'm wondering whether you sold the Easter eggs on, or managed to eat them all yourself! I've had a nice armchair recently, and some excellent planters. It's shameful what people throw out.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Skip diving on 17:37 - Jun 18 with 842 viewsEdwardStone

I got almost all of a 1967 Triumph Daytona that some house-clearance guys were hefting into a skip

Sold the engine for a grand, got a further grand for all the cycle parts

Shouldn't have split the deal...was matching numbers....would have been worth more as one lot

Haringey Ladders, circa 1995
Skip diving on 18:21 - Jun 18 with 789 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Skip diving on 17:19 - Jun 18 by NthQldITFC

Don't incriminate yourself, but I'm wondering whether you sold the Easter eggs on, or managed to eat them all yourself! I've had a nice armchair recently, and some excellent planters. It's shameful what people throw out.

Handed out on a hippy traveller site to kids....absolute carnage!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Coincidently, I cleared out my garage this week and.... on 18:32 - Jun 18 with 785 viewsBloots

….hired a skip.

It arrived Monday evening and I started clearing the garage on Tuesday morning.

By 10am the first van had turned up to bin dive. He took a few various pieces of metal and an old lamp.

The next morning he was back before 7 am and scavenged another small handful of metal, he didn't even bother knocking just helped himself.

At 8am another van turned up, the couple had the decency to knock, and took away two rusty golf clubs and a couple of broken umbrellas. Randomly they also took a pair of my old workshoes that had holes in them and a carrier bag that had was full of old socks chucked away by my missus.

I got the hump at that stage and phoned the skip company to collect it straight away.

True story.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Skip diving on 18:40 - Jun 18 with 757 viewsfooters

Back in my squatting dayz, we found a box of 96 uncooked Tesco sausage rolls and took them home to cook. It made us very, very ill. But we persisted.

Not in a skip, but the foreign students round here would just leave flat screen TVs and the like on the wall before flying back home. When the term ends, the pickings are rich :)

Think my favourite thing ever was a lovely old Chesterfield.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Skip diving on 22:14 - Jun 18 with 638 viewsPendejo

An Aunt of mine and one of her son's in law used to go around in his Luton can rescuing things.

Their best result as far as I can remember was early 90s a Chesterfield restored for a few quid and sold for hundreds.

We have an oak coffee table that we found fly tipped nearby that was simply a bit stained. Saw a decent mirror recently, didn't pick it up, took my wife to show it to her and it had gone.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Skip diving on 22:36 - Jun 18 with 612 viewsfabian_illness

My Dad hired a skip to a house up Beaconsfield Rd, went to start loading it next morning and it was full. Three piece suite, two rusty doors off a marina and an old twin tub washing machine.
Login to get fewer ads

Skip diving on 23:11 - Jun 18 with 586 viewsRocky

Skip diving on 22:36 - Jun 18 by fabian_illness

My Dad hired a skip to a house up Beaconsfield Rd, went to start loading it next morning and it was full. Three piece suite, two rusty doors off a marina and an old twin tub washing machine.

My apologies. I thought it was better than fly-tipping.
Coincidently, I cleared out my garage this week and.... on 23:42 - Jun 18 with 563 viewsjeera

Coincidently, I cleared out my garage this week and.... on 18:32 - Jun 18 by Bloots

….hired a skip.

It arrived Monday evening and I started clearing the garage on Tuesday morning.

By 10am the first van had turned up to bin dive. He took a few various pieces of metal and an old lamp.

The next morning he was back before 7 am and scavenged another small handful of metal, he didn't even bother knocking just helped himself.

At 8am another van turned up, the couple had the decency to knock, and took away two rusty golf clubs and a couple of broken umbrellas. Randomly they also took a pair of my old workshoes that had holes in them and a carrier bag that had was full of old socks chucked away by my missus.

I got the hump at that stage and phoned the skip company to collect it straight away.

True story.

You didn't need a skip by the sound of it.

Maybe you should have just dumped the stuff on the driveway with a 'help yourself' sign on it.

I get then hump when people see you've hired a skip and think it's an invitation to chuck their own crap into it!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024