Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realistically how many games does Lambert have? 22:42 - Jul 25 with 4605 viewsrgp1

I'd say 10 to get it right.
Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 22:51 - Jul 25 with 4572 viewsJ2BLUE

About 50. Realistically. Evans gives managers time. Anyone who thinks Lambert will be gone within half a season if we start badly needs a reality check.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 22:56 - Jul 25 with 4562 viewsrgp1

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 22:51 - Jul 25 by J2BLUE

About 50. Realistically. Evans gives managers time. Anyone who thinks Lambert will be gone within half a season if we start badly needs a reality check.

Fair point but if the wage cap comes in the u18s will be playing. I and a number of others on here have asked the fundamental questions that no one wants to answer.
Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 23:04 - Jul 25 with 4548 viewsSeablu

If you ask ME, well over 200.
In reality it will depend on Covid 19.
It’s hard to vote with your feet if said feet have no vote.
Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 23:23 - Jul 25 with 4523 viewsLankHenners

I've seen a couple of people point out that the only way he'll go is if we're really in the sh!t with over half the season gone and even then it's far from likely he'll pull the trigger, which is where I'm leaning as well.

We could lounge around in mid-table all season and he'll still be here come the start of 2021/2022. Evans is doing what we all have to do - hope Lambert somehow learns to essentially do largely the opposite of what he did last season and turn us around. Evans is probably petrified of getting rid then making another bad error of judgement and seeing us slip further down the football league.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 23:36 - Jul 25 with 4487 viewsrgp1

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 23:23 - Jul 25 by LankHenners

I've seen a couple of people point out that the only way he'll go is if we're really in the sh!t with over half the season gone and even then it's far from likely he'll pull the trigger, which is where I'm leaning as well.

We could lounge around in mid-table all season and he'll still be here come the start of 2021/2022. Evans is doing what we all have to do - hope Lambert somehow learns to essentially do largely the opposite of what he did last season and turn us around. Evans is probably petrified of getting rid then making another bad error of judgement and seeing us slip further down the football league.

Surely this is our opportunity with the largest squad in the league, many clubs financially knackered and probably losing players we have to make an impact. As I said on here before what went so badly wrong between the end of January and the start of March.
Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 00:18 - Jul 26 with 4449 viewsfactual_blue

Five seasons' worth of games.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 00:31 - Jul 26 with 4430 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 07:49 - Jul 26 with 4280 viewsChrisd

Really no point us second guessing, this is between ME and him. So probably the next 4 years at least!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 08:17 - Jul 26 with 4232 viewspointofblue

If Hurst has wooed the fans in the same way Lambert has he’d probably still be here (and Mick definitely would be unless he’d got a better offer) - so the answer is he’ll go when the relationship with the fans in beyond repair.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 08:18 - Jul 26 with 4229 viewsAce_High1

Exactly, hilarious how people convinced themselves that he was going to go this summer, only to now be disappointed.

There is NO WAY Evans will be paying out any more money than he has to now. He will be cutting his cloth even more, he will not sack or pay anyone off.

We will have the same squad with a few sales and same coaching staff for at least the next two years.
Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 08:42 - Jul 26 with 4192 viewsjas0999

Three years at least.
Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 09:08 - Jul 26 with 4160 viewsPendejo

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 00:31 - Jul 26 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Enough to get us to Ryman League

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 09:08 - Jul 26 with 4157 viewsWD19

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 09:19 - Jul 26 with 4133 viewspatrickswell

If the first 5 months of the season match the last 5 months of last season, he deserves to be run out of town - unless he’s playing 9 Academy boys alongside Chambers and Skuse.
Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 09:22 - Jul 26 with 4122 viewsHerbivore

Not so sure about that. Lambert has already had as much time as Jewell and Keane before they got binned off and he's done a worse job than those two (in my opinion of course, it's hard to compare different shades of sh!t). Hurst was done after 4 months. Only Mick has had a significant length of time here and he earned it. I think if we're languishing lower than halfway in November he will look to get rid. That would be two full calendar years of abject failure and that would test even Evans' patience.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 09:52 - Jul 26 with 4083 viewsChrisd

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 09:22 - Jul 26 by Herbivore

Not so sure about that. Lambert has already had as much time as Jewell and Keane before they got binned off and he's done a worse job than those two (in my opinion of course, it's hard to compare different shades of sh!t). Hurst was done after 4 months. Only Mick has had a significant length of time here and he earned it. I think if we're languishing lower than halfway in November he will look to get rid. That would be two full calendar years of abject failure and that would test even Evans' patience.

The difference in this case, compared to our previous manager you've listed, is that none of them had signed a 5 years deal only 6 months ago. Just makes ME look even more of a fool if he sacks PL only a matter of months after that deal had been agreed.

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 09:55 - Jul 26 with 4075 viewsHerbivore

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 09:52 - Jul 26 by Chrisd

The difference in this case, compared to our previous manager you've listed, is that none of them had signed a 5 years deal only 6 months ago. Just makes ME look even more of a fool if he sacks PL only a matter of months after that deal had been agreed.

I don't think looking a fool or not is his main worry. He sacked Hurst after 4 months, which is quite an about turn. He knows we need to get out of this division ASAP and if it looks like Lambert is messing it up again I expect him to pull the trigger. I imagine we'll find out soon enough as I can't see Lambert doing a better job this time around.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 10:03 - Jul 26 with 4060 viewsChrisd

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 09:55 - Jul 26 by Herbivore

I don't think looking a fool or not is his main worry. He sacked Hurst after 4 months, which is quite an about turn. He knows we need to get out of this division ASAP and if it looks like Lambert is messing it up again I expect him to pull the trigger. I imagine we'll find out soon enough as I can't see Lambert doing a better job this time around.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing how this unravels next season. PL really needs to make some drastic changes to his managerial approach and learn from last season's mistakes. He was so fortunate when lockdown kicked in, the vibe seemed he was on the brink at that point under mounting pressure. Then, if ME does pull the trigger can he be trusted to make the right appointment next time? I'm sure outsiders looking in, see us as a parody of a football club.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 10:05]

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 10:06 - Jul 26 with 4047 viewsrgp1

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 09:52 - Jul 26 by Chrisd

Since when has a long contract mattered? After all I don't believe Pardew is still involved in his 150 year contract at Newcastle!
Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 10:09 - Jul 26 with 4032 viewsbrogansnose

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 09:22 - Jul 26 by Herbivore

With what will inevitably be an even more a financial loss making season than normal due to not having the same revenue stream from the Championship and the impact of Corona, Evans simply cannot have the club prolong playing in Div 3 any longer so if it looks like Lambert isn't up to the job - and clearly its not - then he has to go. He'll go sooner rather than later unless Evans really has lost interest.
Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 10:15 - Jul 26 with 4016 viewshampstead_blue

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Realistically how many games does Lambert have? on 10:17 - Jul 26 with 4010 viewsmanchego

A season. When we don't get promoted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024