Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Judge 11:45 - Aug 17 with 4175 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...given that he doesn't seem to be the attacking threat that he once was, is it time for Judge to move backwards into centre mod, or to play as an anchor.

Could be good in the Skuse role sitting next to Downes.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Alan Judge on 11:47 - Aug 17 with 1982 viewsLibero

I just don't see any of the attributes needed to play that role in Alan Judge...
Alan Judge on 11:49 - Aug 17 with 1957 viewsGarv

I would say he needs to exercise some more discipline but I think the Skuse role is a stretch!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Alan Judge on 11:50 - Aug 17 with 1945 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alan Judge on 11:47 - Aug 17 by Libero

I just don't see any of the attributes needed to play that role in Alan Judge...

He's played there before for Brentford, so Mark Warburton saw some of those attributes. I think it was during his first season.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 11:50]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Alan Judge on 11:50 - Aug 17 with 1939 viewshampstead_blue

maybe out the door.

Playing his is retrograde considering other promising players, Doz, we have.

I'd much rather see him gone and for us to lean on Doz and others to create for us.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Alan Judge on 11:53 - Aug 17 with 1907 viewsLibero

Alan Judge on 11:50 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

He's played there before for Brentford, so Mark Warburton saw some of those attributes. I think it was during his first season.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 11:50]

I'd need to see some evidence of that to believe it, Alan Judge is in no way a holding midfielder.

Doesn't read the game particularly well, isn't a particularly good tackler, lacks the discipline to hold position, doesn't win much in the air, isn't particularly strong...

I can imagine him playing a deeper playmaking role in midfield, but the idea of him playing Skuse's role just doesn't compute for me.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 11:55]
Alan Judge on 11:56 - Aug 17 with 1873 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alan Judge on 11:53 - Aug 17 by Libero

I'd need to see some evidence of that to believe it, Alan Judge is in no way a holding midfielder.

Doesn't read the game particularly well, isn't a particularly good tackler, lacks the discipline to hold position, doesn't win much in the air, isn't particularly strong...

I can imagine him playing a deeper playmaking role in midfield, but the idea of him playing Skuse's role just doesn't compute for me.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 11:55]

He played in defensive midfield for Brentford for most of the 2014-15 season under Mark Warburton.

That was when they finished 5th in the Championship.

So its beyond debate that he knows how to play that role.

Alan Judge on 11:59 - Aug 17 with 1839 viewsLibero

Alan Judge on 11:56 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

He played in defensive midfield for Brentford for most of the 2014-15 season under Mark Warburton.

That was when they finished 5th in the Championship.

So its beyond debate that he knows how to play that role.

Are you sure you're not confusing a deeper midfield play making role with defensive midfield? I refuse to believe he was in there doing the dirty work, cutting out passes, winning balls and taking pressure off the back line.

Especially when you consider the very good defensive midfielders Brentford had in their squad at that time...
Alan Judge on 12:03 - Aug 17 with 1807 viewsHerbivore

Alan Judge on 11:47 - Aug 17 by Libero

Agreed. That's not a role he can play at all. I think we're best off letting him go, although the pandemic and salary cap make that almost impossible now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Judge on 12:05 - Aug 17 with 1795 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alan Judge on 11:59 - Aug 17 by Libero

Are you sure you're not confusing a deeper midfield play making role with defensive midfield? I refuse to believe he was in there doing the dirty work, cutting out passes, winning balls and taking pressure off the back line.

Especially when you consider the very good defensive midfielders Brentford had in their squad at that time...

I'm sure. The man himself describes his role as 'defensive midfield'...

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/ireland-s-alan-judge-hopin

https://www.the42.ie/all-you-need-to-know-alan-judge-adam-rooney-2099793-May2015
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 12:06]

Alan Judge on 12:07 - Aug 17 with 1775 viewsRadlett_blue

Alan Judge on 11:59 - Aug 17 by Libero

I think he spent most of the 2015-16 season as part of a defensive two in a 4-2-3-1 formation alongside Jonathan Douglas (shudders).
I doubt Judge has ever been quite the same players since breaking his leg against us; since then, he's played no more than 20-30 games per season. Still good on the ball, especially by 3rd tier standards, but hard to see exactly how he fits into a Town starting XI, especially as our manager changes personnel & formation so often. I wouldn't put it past Lambert to play him in a deeper role, but it wouldn't fill me with enthusiasm, especially if he was alongside Skuse.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Alan Judge on 12:10 - Aug 17 with 1754 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alan Judge on 12:07 - Aug 17 by Radlett_blue

I think he spent most of the 2015-16 season as part of a defensive two in a 4-2-3-1 formation alongside Jonathan Douglas (shudders).
I doubt Judge has ever been quite the same players since breaking his leg against us; since then, he's played no more than 20-30 games per season. Still good on the ball, especially by 3rd tier standards, but hard to see exactly how he fits into a Town starting XI, especially as our manager changes personnel & formation so often. I wouldn't put it past Lambert to play him in a deeper role, but it wouldn't fill me with enthusiasm, especially if he was alongside Skuse.

...alongside Skuse... surely even Lambert wouldnt do that.

Alan Judge on 12:11 - Aug 17 with 1753 viewsLibero

Alan Judge on 12:05 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm sure. The man himself describes his role as 'defensive midfield'...

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/ireland-s-alan-judge-hopin

https://www.the42.ie/all-you-need-to-know-alan-judge-adam-rooney-2099793-May2015
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 12:06]

Appreciate the links.

Christ, well I wouldn't trust him in that role personally.
I think it speaks volumes that during that season he was moved from that central role to his left sided role and subsequently received a lot of attention from other clubs.

Skuse, Huws, El Mizouni, Nydam and even Bishop are all ahead of him in that particular role I'd say.
Alan Judge on 12:11 - Aug 17 with 1747 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alan Judge on 12:03 - Aug 17 by Herbivore

Agreed. That's not a role he can play at all. I think we're best off letting him go, although the pandemic and salary cap make that almost impossible now.

Although it is a role that he has played for a season, in a successful side...

Alan Judge on 12:12 - Aug 17 with 1738 viewsRadlett_blue

Alan Judge on 12:10 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

...alongside Skuse... surely even Lambert wouldnt do that.

The player whom I think could do well in a more defensive midfield role is Huws, who didn't seem to get up & down the pitch much last season, but was still pretty tidy.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Alan Judge on 12:12 - Aug 17 with 1733 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alan Judge on 12:11 - Aug 17 by Libero

Appreciate the links.

Christ, well I wouldn't trust him in that role personally.
I think it speaks volumes that during that season he was moved from that central role to his left sided role and subsequently received a lot of attention from other clubs.

Skuse, Huws, El Mizouni, Nydam and even Bishop are all ahead of him in that particular role I'd say.

I'm not saying its my preference for him. Just trying to think of a more useful role for him.

Seems to have had his day further forward.

Alan Judge on 12:12 - Aug 17 with 1732 viewsLibero

Alan Judge on 12:07 - Aug 17 by Radlett_blue

I just done some research, he started the season in that role but was then moved out to the left where his performances gained a lot of attention.

I'm still surprised he was played in a "defensive" role, wouldn't trust him with that personally.
Alan Judge on 12:13 - Aug 17 with 1718 viewsLibero

Alan Judge on 12:12 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm not saying its my preference for him. Just trying to think of a more useful role for him.

Seems to have had his day further forward.

He's just pony, unfortunately.
Alan Judge on 12:13 - Aug 17 with 1715 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alan Judge on 12:12 - Aug 17 by Radlett_blue

The player whom I think could do well in a more defensive midfield role is Huws, who didn't seem to get up & down the pitch much last season, but was still pretty tidy.

I like Huws, if he can stay fit.

Also maybe Nydam can play there.

Alan Judge on 12:14 - Aug 17 with 1715 viewsHerbivore

Alan Judge on 12:11 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

5 years ago, before his legs had gone.

Alan Judge on 12:15 - Aug 17 with 1697 viewsLibero

Alan Judge on 12:11 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

You're over egging it, from research I just did he played a few games at the start of a season there and was moved into another role where he was much more successful.
Alan Judge on 12:15 - Aug 17 with 1696 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alan Judge on 12:14 - Aug 17 by Herbivore

5 years ago, before his legs had gone.

I'm not saying hes my preference for that role, just wondered if moving deeper might get more out of him even as a squad role.

Alan Judge on 12:17 - Aug 17 with 1676 viewsHerbivore

Alan Judge on 12:15 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm not saying hes my preference for that role, just wondered if moving deeper might get more out of him even as a squad role.

No, it won't.

Alan Judge on 12:18 - Aug 17 with 1662 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alan Judge on 12:15 - Aug 17 by Libero

You're over egging it, from research I just did he played a few games at the start of a season there and was moved into another role where he was much more successful.

I think your 'research' is reading the links that I provided. The opinion seems to be that his main role that season was in defensive midfield.

His move into the forward role came mainly in the following season.

Perhaps you can do some more research and provide a breakdown.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 12:19]

Alan Judge on 12:20 - Aug 17 with 1644 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alan Judge on 12:17 - Aug 17 by Herbivore

No, it won't.

Alan Judge on 12:23 - Aug 17 with 1621 viewsLibero

Alan Judge on 12:18 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think your 'research' is reading the links that I provided. The opinion seems to be that his main role that season was in defensive midfield.

His move into the forward role came mainly in the following season.

Perhaps you can do some more research and provide a breakdown.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 12:19]

No mate, just scanned across some Brentford forums too using wayback, your articles were a useful jumping off point and much appreciated.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024