Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... 13:52 - Aug 29 with 4760 viewsBloots

....Lambert out.

Feel free to reply with:

"It's a pre season friendly you knob, it means nothing", if it makes you feel better.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 13:53 - Aug 29 with 3033 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's a pre season friendly you knob, it means nothing.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 13:55 - Aug 29 with 3022 viewsskankerman

Doesn't sound like we have a game plan
2nd best throughout
Just confirms our current poor level
Very sad
We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 13:58 - Aug 29 with 2947 viewspatrickswell

The one straw is that most of this side haven't played much in pre-season (first real football for Wilson, Smith, McGavin, Nolan, Lankester and Hawkins) so we can see which players are further behind than others when it's come to trying to implement the passing style mentioned in the earlier games.
We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 13:58 - Aug 29 with 2953 viewsIllinoisblue

We have a bloated squad full of average filler. Aside from maybe two players, who has any clue what our starting 11 will be next week?

The manager’s only had six months to think about this, I guess.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 13:58 - Aug 29 with 2937 viewsMonkeyAlan

Totally clueless. Same as last season. Lambert has learned nothing. Nor has Evans come to that.
We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:00 - Aug 29 with 2891 viewsBrixtonBlue

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 13:53 - Aug 29 by BrixtonBlue

My down arrowers obviously have no sense of humour.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:02 - Aug 29 with 2854 viewsElderGrizzly

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 13:58 - Aug 29 by Illinoisblue

We have a bloated squad full of average filler. Aside from maybe two players, who has any clue what our starting 11 will be next week?

The manager’s only had six months to think about this, I guess.

All pre-season we play it out from the back and try and pass and move.

The first sniff of a 6ft striker and we become Wimbledon
We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:03 - Aug 29 with 2822 viewsBrixtonBlue

As for a serious reply, Cambridge are playing their best 11 which will likely be the starting 11 proper in a couple of weeks. Our team is a mix of players who have barely played, and is nowhere near our starting 11.

Login to get fewer ads

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:04 - Aug 29 with 2817 viewsDarth_Koont

It's a new team, without our 5 or 6 best players, and a group that hasn't played as much football either.

Might even be up against a more settled, first-choice Cambridge side, I don't know.

But yes, the key point is that it's a pre-season friendly.

Pronouns: He/Him

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:12 - Aug 29 with 2706 viewsBrixtonBlue

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:03 - Aug 29 by BrixtonBlue

As for a serious reply, Cambridge are playing their best 11 which will likely be the starting 11 proper in a couple of weeks. Our team is a mix of players who have barely played, and is nowhere near our starting 11.

A down arrow for stating facts Bloots?

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:13 - Aug 29 with 2687 viewsDarth_Koont

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:12 - Aug 29 by BrixtonBlue

I think they hurt his feelings.

1-0 Paul Digby..... on 14:16 - Aug 29 with 2660 viewsBloots

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:12 - Aug 29 by BrixtonBlue

....what a club.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:17 - Aug 29 with 2623 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Have a word with yourself.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About what exactly? (n/t) on 14:18 - Aug 29 with 2600 viewsBloots

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:17 - Aug 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

Have a word with yourself.

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:18 - Aug 29 with 2591 viewsmarchy

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:03 - Aug 29 by BrixtonBlue

As for a serious approach, Cambridge are using the game to get their best 11 used to playing together ready for starting proper in a couple of weeks. Whereas it's our last friendly, and we're still b*ggering around failing to put anything convincing together.
We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:19 - Aug 29 with 2571 viewsBryanPlug

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 13:53 - Aug 29 by BrixtonBlue

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About what exactly? (n/t) on 14:20 - Aug 29 with 2547 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

About what exactly? (n/t) on 14:18 - Aug 29 by Bloots

State of the OP.

What about it exactly? (n/t) on 14:20 - Aug 29 with 2524 viewsBloots

About what exactly? (n/t) on 14:20 - Aug 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

State of the OP.

Precisely... on 14:22 - Aug 29 with 2478 viewsBloots

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:18 - Aug 29 by marchy

As for a serious approach, Cambridge are using the game to get their best 11 used to playing together ready for starting proper in a couple of weeks. Whereas it's our last friendly, and we're still b*ggering around failing to put anything convincing together.

....careful though mate, the Lambert fan club will be all over you.

What about it exactly? (n/t) on 14:22 - Aug 29 with 2474 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

What about it exactly? (n/t) on 14:20 - Aug 29 by Bloots

Throwing a wobbly, madness.

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:22 - Aug 29 with 2447 viewsDarth_Koont

Think this needs to be put in the context of the League cup and trophy game also being an extension of pre-season.

I must admit, I looked at the line-up and thought that was much more of the B team that will be involved over the next week or two. And even then many of them many only be on the bench.

We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:22 - Aug 29 with 2455 viewsMullet

The line up didn't fill me with hope, but I'm glad I've been out and not bothered with it. Pre-season is always held onto by too many people desperate to give it meaning.

It also sounds like we are going into the season using the cup games as extra friendlies to try and get us up to speed which is more worrying.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About what exactly? (n/t) on 14:23 - Aug 29 with 2450 viewsNthQldITFC

About what exactly? (n/t) on 14:20 - Aug 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

State of the OP.

State of the GOP.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

1-0 Paul Digby..... on 14:23 - Aug 29 with 2419 viewsFtnfwest

1-0 Paul Digby..... on 14:16 - Aug 29 by Bloots

....what a club.

3 points dropped already!
We sound absolutely terrible, totally clueless.... on 14:23 - Aug 29 with 2418 viewsBrixtonBlue

Not really our last game, we have two silly cup games before we start the league.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024