Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices 18:05 - Aug 27 with 5662 viewsSteve_M

Aside from a sense of 'well, they would be wouldn't they' I wonder if it's more a generational thing that fewer people of that age group understand jobs that can easily be done from home.

It might also be they are most susceptible to those parts of the media busy insinuating that WFH = skiving.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:08 - Aug 27 with 2772 viewsMullet

I wonder how much of it is driven by “someone needs to pay my pension” type fearmongering and how much is simply a lack of understanding about the nature of most jobs.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:09 - Aug 27 with 2765 viewspointofblue

Those who don’t have to return to offices want other people to return to offices...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:10 - Aug 27 with 2759 viewsMullet

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:09 - Aug 27 by pointofblue

Those who don’t have to return to offices want other people to return to offices...

The new National Service and winning world wars innit.

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:16 - Aug 27 with 2734 viewsjeera

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:08 - Aug 27 by Mullet

I wonder how much of it is driven by “someone needs to pay my pension” type fearmongering and how much is simply a lack of understanding about the nature of most jobs.

The same people who don't understand how much of the UK's output is by the service industry and cannot understand why we don't manufacture more of our own goods etc.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:24 - Aug 27 with 2705 viewsbluelagos

My take would be around the younger generation being more switched onto the environmental benefits of WFH.

Except Rommers - who seems to think Greta is the devil because XR blocked a few roads last summer!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:25 - Aug 27 with 2696 viewsfactual_blue

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:10 - Aug 27 by Mullet

The new National Service and winning world wars innit.

What's an office?

I worked from home regularly from 1990 onwards.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:25 - Aug 27 with 2695 viewsMullet

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:25 - Aug 27 by factual_blue

What's an office?

I worked from home regularly from 1990 onwards.

From a home?

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:27 - Aug 27 with 2689 viewsHerbivore

Okay, boomers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:27 - Aug 27 with 2689 viewsWeWereZombies

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:09 - Aug 27 by pointofblue

Even though when they come into contact with people who returned to the office and caught Covid-19 they will be most at risk of catching it fatally in return...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:27 - Aug 27 with 2691 viewsRyorry

Really surprised at that, not least because before I retired, one of the things I most enjoyed about working was the interaction, bantz and mutual support with colleagues.

Maybe the older group generally see the workers returning to offices as simply a return to more "normal" circumstances, and are happier at that prospect?

Personally, as a senior cit now I'd prefer people to wfh wherever poss, as long as they're happy to do so, on environmental grounds.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:31 - Aug 27 with 2662 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:24 - Aug 27 by bluelagos

My take would be around the younger generation being more switched onto the environmental benefits of WFH.

Except Rommers - who seems to think Greta is the devil because XR blocked a few roads last summer!

I'm not keen on this 'us' and 'them' mentality between generations. It's not healthy. I'm not just referring to Covid, I mean in general.

Things really aren't that polarised, although it seems that parts of society want us to think they are.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:34 - Aug 27 with 2648 viewsWeWereZombies

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:31 - Aug 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm not keen on this 'us' and 'them' mentality between generations. It's not healthy. I'm not just referring to Covid, I mean in general.

Things really aren't that polarised, although it seems that parts of society want us to think they are.

Very important to identify those parts of society so that we know that they are 'them' and not 'us', isn't it?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:36 - Aug 27 with 2634 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:34 - Aug 27 by WeWereZombies

Very important to identify those parts of society so that we know that they are 'them' and not 'us', isn't it?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:38 - Aug 27 with 2620 viewsRyorry

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:31 - Aug 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Well said - good friends and minds thinking alike (or disagreeing) cross all generations.

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:39 - Aug 27 with 2594 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:38 - Aug 27 by Ryorry

Well said - good friends and minds thinking alike (or disagreeing) cross all generations.

Indeed.

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:40 - Aug 27 with 2594 viewsbluelagos

How old are you?

Just wanting to decide which box to put you into.

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:44 - Aug 27 with 2559 viewsRyorry

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:40 - Aug 27 by bluelagos

How old are you?

Oooh you are naughty, but I like you!

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:45 - Aug 27 with 2554 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:40 - Aug 27 by bluelagos

How old are you?

Younger than you I suspect, if that helps.

Although you're welcome to join me in my box, as is anyone.

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:46 - Aug 27 with 2553 viewsRyorry

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:45 - Aug 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:48 - Aug 27 with 2542 viewsOldsmoker

I'm now over 65, only just, but I've crossed the rubicon.
You ALL need to go back to work to earn money and therefore pay income tax and NI. You will have money to spend which attracts VAT and all this goes to the Treasury. The Treasury, and thanks to the Tory Triple Lock, pays my inflation-proof pension.
I'm obviously very grateful and of course you wouldn't want to let down Grandma & Grandpa would you?
So back to work you maggots.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:48 - Aug 27 with 2532 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:46 - Aug 27 by Ryorry

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:53 - Aug 27 with 2510 viewsfactual_blue

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:25 - Aug 27 by Mullet

From a home?

Typical ageist abuse.

You will be reported to organisations who monitor this sort of thing.

And Phil will ban you.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:54 - Aug 27 with 2500 viewsbluelagos

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:45 - Aug 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

As an over 50 I am often at odds with similar aged people on politics. Suspect the same is true of you tbh.

I think recognising different ages have different outlooks (overall - obv there are many who won't share the overall thinking) is interesting tbh. We definitely move from the left to the right as we get older according to the polls.

Not to be overly divisive about it of course. And my cycling buddy is a proper right winger - he thought Cummings was right to go to Durham ffs! I enjoy pulling his leg over his support of Brexit / Tories and he takes it quite well. First strong Tory I've got along with since god knows when. (Or first vocal one anyway)
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 18:56]

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:56 - Aug 27 with 2478 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:54 - Aug 27 by bluelagos

As an over 50 I am often at odds with similar aged people on politics. Suspect the same is true of you tbh.

I think recognising different ages have different outlooks (overall - obv there are many who won't share the overall thinking) is interesting tbh. We definitely move from the left to the right as we get older according to the polls.

Not to be overly divisive about it of course. And my cycling buddy is a proper right winger - he thought Cummings was right to go to Durham ffs! I enjoy pulling his leg over his support of Brexit / Tories and he takes it quite well. First strong Tory I've got along with since god knows when. (Or first vocal one anyway)
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 18:56]

Sounds like we are on the same page.

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:58 - Aug 27 with 2474 viewsbluelagos

Guess which age group is most in favour of people returning to offices on 18:56 - Aug 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Sounds like we are on the same page.

Not politically we're not!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024