Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans missing Lambert point 23:32 - Aug 30 with 3198 viewsstiff_talking

Lambert knowing last years finish was unacceptable is trying to push players to work harder and fix an ongoing problem of player power at the club.

He is right to ask more from Wolfie, Norwood and 5 youths.

Everyone is quick to support the players and are missing the point of what Lambert
Is trying to achieve.

As fans we should be applauding the effort but instead we are buying into the player power at the heart of the club which is why we are in division 1.

Time we gave Lambert Support and have players playing for the badge not calling Stuart Watson to start a pity story.
Fans missing Lambert point on 23:34 - Aug 30 with 3159 viewsNorthShieldsBlue

No. He should have been gone after taking us down without a real fight. Even then, like many others, I decided to give him a chance at the start of last season. 4 wins in 20 odd games is terrible.

What's suddenly going to change?
Fans missing Lambert point on 23:50 - Aug 30 with 3089 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

It was the same under Hurst, and I know that for a fact having spoke to a player involved during that period.

You can’t have the lunatics running the asylum.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Fans missing Lambert point on 00:13 - Aug 31 with 3025 viewsGarv

Maybe Lambert is a tosser but it's not a good sign that a player is having such a hissy fit over such a throwaway comment, if that's indeed what he's doing.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Fans missing Lambert point on 00:29 - Aug 31 with 2987 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Fans missing Lambert point on 00:13 - Aug 31 by Garv

Maybe Lambert is a tosser but it's not a good sign that a player is having such a hissy fit over such a throwaway comment, if that's indeed what he's doing.

Indeed. As when people were going on about the photo shoot scenario, we as outsiders don’t know all the facts. It could quite be a petulant hissy fit, it could be purely coincidental.

Certainly player power at this football club though.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Fans missing Lambert point on 00:39 - Aug 31 with 2967 viewsstiff_talking

Fans missing Lambert point on 00:13 - Aug 31 by Garv

Lambert has managed multiple Premier clubs and players and knows what it takes to succeed and fail. He is asking certain players for more than they are giving and clearly he sees this as motivation. It may not look right to us but he is much closer to the players than we are as fans.
Fans missing Lambert point on 00:40 - Aug 31 with 2958 viewsSwailsey

That’s a hot take!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Fans missing Lambert point on 00:58 - Aug 31 with 2937 viewsitfcjoe

Or maybe he just doesn’t take any responsibility for what has gone on and just constantly attacks the players and is next to impossible to work for.

The fans can spot a fraud, it’s madness to think that the players can’t also - he should be long gone, that he isn’t is due to a disinterested owner

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Fans missing Lambert point on 02:20 - Aug 31 with 2861 viewsIllinoisblue

Fans missing Lambert point on 00:39 - Aug 31 by stiff_talking

Lambert has managed multiple Premier clubs and players and knows what it takes to succeed and fail. He is asking certain players for more than they are giving and clearly he sees this as motivation. It may not look right to us but he is much closer to the players than we are as fans.

To be fair, he’s got the fail part down to a tee.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans missing Lambert point on 09:21 - Aug 31 with 2460 viewsIpswichKnight

Not sure I've seen much effort from the management team to fix last years problem, we still have a fat bloated squad that needs trimming ( I don't see a queue of clubs wanting to buy our players Downes aside ).

We are still seeing the same old problems of very fat square pegs being rammed into tiny round holes, Judge at left wing again that has worked brilliantly for us in the past and I'm shocked I tell you shocked that we continue to see it, you all know we will see it again If Lambert keeps his job.

Like the players none of us have a first clue what the starting line up will be and we should know by now what it is, instead we are going to set out to lose our next 2 games in the vain hope of finding a formation and line up that might work.
Fans missing Lambert point on 10:00 - Aug 31 with 2382 viewsdavblue

What is he trying to achieve playing style wise?

We don’t have a young team as stated by our glorious leader.

He’s so out of his depth it’s frightening. This will be his last job in football I suspect.
Fans missing Lambert point on 10:03 - Aug 31 with 2372 viewsWD19

Paul, please get off the internet and down the training ground. There’s a good chap.
Fans missing Lambert point on 10:08 - Aug 31 with 2352 viewsWickets

Fans missing Lambert point on 00:29 - Aug 31 by TheTrueBlue1878

Indeed. As when people were going on about the photo shoot scenario, we as outsiders don’t know all the facts. It could quite be a petulant hissy fit, it could be purely coincidental.

Certainly player power at this football club though.

We all love Wolfy but at times he has been a bit off the pace in pre season . I think it was the West ham game he made a pretty poor attempt at rescuing Cornell's mistake . PL has a lot to prove but well paid players should be making his job as achievable as possible .This sort of tantrum,if that what it is, has no place and does not help .
Fans missing Lambert point on 10:10 - Aug 31 with 2348 viewsjayessess

Wow that's a lot of trust for someone with Lamberr's record over the last 5 years.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Fans missing Lambert point on 10:20 - Aug 31 with 2333 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Fans missing Lambert point on 10:53 - Aug 31 with 2273 viewsWickets

Fans missing Lambert point on 10:20 - Aug 31 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Maybe your right i really dont know but what i do know that every little thing that PL does at the moment is deemed wrong on this forum . I totally agree that manager has a lot to prove and i would now lose no sleep if a change was made but i for one accept it if the owner wants to give him that chance than anyone that wants the club to succeed should give him that chance . Just my thoughts if others think that snipping at the club or manager is going to help well not much i can do .
Fans missing Lambert point on 11:19 - Aug 31 with 2232 viewsBlueBadger

Fans missing Lambert point on 00:39 - Aug 31 by stiff_talking

Given his record since leaving Norwich, he certainly knows how to fail...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Fans missing Lambert point on 11:56 - Aug 31 with 2164 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

A few days ago I would have been with you, but not now. I have been persuaded that time is up and change is needed. Think he is desperate and upsetting far to many people. I would love us to have a fantastic season and get promoted, but with him in charge, I think it will be another season of discord and mid table mediocracy.
Fans missing Lambert point on 13:20 - Aug 31 with 2087 viewsjayessess

Fans missing Lambert point on 11:56 - Aug 31 by IpswichBoyBlue

A few days ago I would have been with you, but not now. I have been persuaded that time is up and change is needed. Think he is desperate and upsetting far to many people. I would love us to have a fantastic season and get promoted, but with him in charge, I think it will be another season of discord and mid table mediocracy.

I think a manager can come in like a wrecking ball if they've just been appointed or if they've already had some success in their current job.

When you've been in post a decent amount of time, failed two seasons in a row and are clearly on the verge of getting dismissed? The space you have to read the riot act, especially to players like Woolfenden who are in a strong position to get a move, is basically zero and it's irresponsible to try.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Fans missing Lambert point on 13:23 - Aug 31 with 2080 viewsSwansea_Blue

The proof of that theory will be in the response on the pitch. I don't think he' gone about motivating them the right way, but we'll see. I've got no evidence that he has or hasn't yet.

We also don't know whether those complaining are buying into any player power either, do we? Again - that's just an unsubstantiated rumour, much like the one about players supposedly being unhappy with him.

We need the season to start and then we'll get a better idea of what's going on imo.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 13:26]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024