Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Classic TWTD 18:01 - Sep 13 with 1770 viewsBrixtonBlue

First game of the season, after a really weird situation none of us have experienced. We have several first teamers out, and we're playing a team that's got worse issues and has been cobbled together, but who are also playing for a new manager, and were mid-table in the league above last season.

No fans, but on Sky. It's NAE normal. NAEn of it's normal.

We play alright, concede a few chances, but have several ourselves (more than I'm used to, frankly, as an Ipswich supporter). We win 2-0. Could've been more, quite easily, and the opposition had no chances on target.

And yet people are moaning. What more do you want on the first day, with several players out, after a pandemic?! We did alright, you know?

People on here moaning! And people moaning about taking a knee for a few seconds. Jesus FC, will some of you get a grip and be happy?!

It wasn't sexy, but anyone hoping it would be is utterly deluded. I think asking for more than that, already, is in moon on a stick territory.

I say well done to the lads. No way is it time for moaning or looking for perfection. And the racists can do one.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Classic TWTD on 18:03 - Sep 13 with 1408 viewsJ2BLUE

You won't agree but you're making yourself look daft mate. No one has gone in two footed. It's all been very balanced and you're getting upset because people have pointed out a few weaknesses along with the good points.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Classic TWTD on 18:24 - Sep 13 with 1354 viewsTractorWood

Classic superfan anitmoan.

I've seen no moaning, just the odd waspy comment.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 18:25]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Classic TWTD on 18:26 - Sep 13 with 1342 viewsDubtractor

No one is moaning boss, just some balanced discussion highlighting both the good and bad.

If I may be so bold, I think due to the positions of posters (yourself included) leading into the season, you're looking for something that isn't really there.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Classic TWTD on 18:27 - Sep 13 with 1338 viewsjeera

As someone who stomped off in a tantrum about a silly joke regarding shirts...

maybe you could stand by your principles a bit more when it actually counts and speak up.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Classic TWTD on 18:30 - Sep 13 with 1315 viewsBlueBadger

Even Fishers doesn't angle for arguments as obviously and frequently as you.

Uppie for your final sentence, though, anyone who whines about BLM, Kick It Out, etc, etc needs to get in the fooking sea.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 18:41]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

huh? on 18:31 - Sep 13 with 1309 viewsDyland

You've read a few comments about how we played that weren't all about the positives, and come up with this. Or you're hallucinating.

It's almost as if you had this prewritten. But you'd never be that sad of course.

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Oh! This. (n/t) on 18:31 - Sep 13 with 1299 viewsDyland

Classic TWTD on 18:26 - Sep 13 by Dubtractor

No one is moaning boss, just some balanced discussion highlighting both the good and bad.

If I may be so bold, I think due to the positions of posters (yourself included) leading into the season, you're looking for something that isn't really there.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Classic TWTD on 18:33 - Sep 13 with 1293 viewsBrixtonBlue

Classic TWTD on 18:27 - Sep 13 by jeera

As someone who stomped off in a tantrum about a silly joke regarding shirts...

maybe you could stand by your principles a bit more when it actually counts and speak up.

What on earth do you mean? Where have I not spoken up?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Classic TWTD on 18:34 - Sep 13 with 1278 viewsjeera

Classic TWTD on 18:33 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

There's a thread of openly racist trash.

Let them, and admin, know exactly what you think of them in no uncertain terms.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Classic TWTD on 18:34 - Sep 13 with 1274 viewsFunge

Classic TWTD on 18:33 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

Think he's talking about this Dollers.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game by carlisleaway 13 Sep 2020 16:40
Yes BLM but come on this was months ago

Classic TWTD on 18:34 - Sep 13 with 1272 viewsgordon

Classic TWTD on 18:37 - Sep 13 with 1251 viewsBrixtonBlue

Classic TWTD on 18:34 - Sep 13 by jeera

There's a thread of openly racist trash.

Let them, and admin, know exactly what you think of them in no uncertain terms.

I've downarrowed it. Sorry if that's not enough for you.

Classic TWTD on 18:38 - Sep 13 with 1254 viewsLankHenners

Not to 'pile on' to what's already been said but there's been a few posters who, over the past few months, seem to demand 100% positivity from all posts, and any discussion which doesn't fit that view is accused of 'moaning' or similar.

It's just a bit weird. It's nice that people like being very optimistic, but you don't have to jump down the throat of anyone going 'I don't think X played very well' or 'I don't like how Y is being handled'. I certainly don't think it warrants starting a thread calling posters out on it, especially as it's only going to harden people's responses.

I do agree on the people moaning at taking a knee or BLM in general - those people can fck off into the sun.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Classic TWTD on 18:44 - Sep 13 with 1204 viewsBrixtonBlue

Classic TWTD on 18:03 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

You won't agree but you're making yourself look daft mate. No one has gone in two footed. It's all been very balanced and you're getting upset because people have pointed out a few weaknesses along with the good points.

I didn't say anyone's gone in two-footed. But people are definitely moaning after a win. Lord knows what would've happened if we'd drawn or lost.

Classic TWTD on 18:47 - Sep 13 with 1194 viewsBrixtonBlue

Classic TWTD on 18:26 - Sep 13 by Dubtractor

No. The Lambert-outers are moaning. We won.

Classic TWTD on 18:49 - Sep 13 with 1182 viewsJ2BLUE

Classic TWTD on 18:44 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

I didn't say anyone's gone in two-footed. But people are definitely moaning after a win. Lord knows what would've happened if we'd drawn or lost.

Who is moaning? People are being very fair and giving plenty of praise where it is deserved. I don't think it's unfair to point out the weaknesses. It's a long league season and that was game one. Lambert will hopefully be calling them in on Monday to point out all those weaknesses so they can work on them.

I'd say the mood is cautious optimism.

Truly impaired.

Classic TWTD on 18:50 - Sep 13 with 1182 viewsgordon

Classic TWTD on 18:38 - Sep 13 by LankHenners

Not to 'pile on' to what's already been said but there's been a few posters who, over the past few months, seem to demand 100% positivity from all posts, and any discussion which doesn't fit that view is accused of 'moaning' or similar.

It's just a bit weird. It's nice that people like being very optimistic, but you don't have to jump down the throat of anyone going 'I don't think X played very well' or 'I don't like how Y is being handled'. I certainly don't think it warrants starting a thread calling posters out on it, especially as it's only going to harden people's responses.

I do agree on the people moaning at taking a knee or BLM in general - those people can fck off into the sun.

Yes, fully and completely this. I genuinely admire the people who can watch the runny turd of modern day ITFC slowly dribbling down the pasty bloated thigh of the football league and feel anything other than sadness.

And after Alan Judge slowly meandered between those ballwatching 18 year old Wigan defenders, and then looked up in surprise when he realised that he'd got into an actual dangerous position, with the actual ball at his feet, if anyone saw that and thought, you know what, this could be Judgey's year, I knew he'd come good, well I've got nothing but admiration for you.

But the point of this messageboard is to discuss ITFC. The good, the bad, and the f*cking awful.
Classic TWTD on 18:53 - Sep 13 with 1158 viewsBrixtonBlue

Classic TWTD on 18:49 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

Who is moaning? People are being very fair and giving plenty of praise where it is deserved. I don't think it's unfair to point out the weaknesses. It's a long league season and that was game one. Lambert will hopefully be calling them in on Monday to point out all those weaknesses so they can work on them.

I'd say the mood is cautious optimism.

What do you think I'VE posted that's unfair?

We won, clean sheet, several players out, no goals against... or even shots on target... in the first game of the season.

i don't think huge praise is deserved yet, OR massive criticism.

My opinion is the complaints have been disproportionate.

Classic TWTD on 18:55 - Sep 13 with 1142 viewsBluefish

Classic TWTD on 18:47 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

No. The Lambert-outers are moaning. We won.

I love watching you trying to create arguments in empty rooms and then looking to blame someone else. I like it even more when you demand the other person in the empty room is removed. Keep up the entertainment

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Classic TWTD on 18:55 - Sep 13 with 1137 viewsBrixtonBlue

Classic TWTD on 18:50 - Sep 13 by gordon

Yes, fully and completely this. I genuinely admire the people who can watch the runny turd of modern day ITFC slowly dribbling down the pasty bloated thigh of the football league and feel anything other than sadness.

And after Alan Judge slowly meandered between those ballwatching 18 year old Wigan defenders, and then looked up in surprise when he realised that he'd got into an actual dangerous position, with the actual ball at his feet, if anyone saw that and thought, you know what, this could be Judgey's year, I knew he'd come good, well I've got nothing but admiration for you.

But the point of this messageboard is to discuss ITFC. The good, the bad, and the f*cking awful.

I want to hug you.

Classic TWTD on 18:55 - Sep 13 with 1128 viewsgordon

Classic TWTD on 18:53 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

We won, clean sheet, several players out, no goals against... or even shots on target... in the first game of the season.

Could you explain how 'several players out' is in the plus column, with reference to recent ITFC history.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 18:57]
Classic TWTD on 18:56 - Sep 13 with 1126 viewsJ2BLUE

Classic TWTD on 18:53 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

I'd say inaccurate more than unfair. You can have an opinion but I don't see how you come to that conclusion based on the evidence. You've been going at it with Herbivore for ages and he hasn't posted anything wrong.

Truly impaired.

Classic TWTD on 18:57 - Sep 13 with 1108 viewsBrixtonBlue

Classic TWTD on 18:55 - Sep 13 by Bluefish

I love watching you trying to create arguments in empty rooms and then looking to blame someone else. I like it even more when you demand the other person in the empty room is removed. Keep up the entertainment

I've never been banned, or threatened with a banning. So coming from someone who has been banned several times, that's quite funny.

I worry about you, probably more than I should.

Classic TWTD on 18:59 - Sep 13 with 1093 viewsgordon

Classic TWTD on 18:55 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

I want to hug you.

Well you've hugged me a downvote, haven't you.
Classic TWTD on 19:02 - Sep 13 with 1065 viewsBluefish

Classic TWTD on 18:57 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

I've never been banned, or threatened with a banning. So coming from someone who has been banned several times, that's quite funny.

I worry about you, probably more than I should.

Sure thing 👍

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024