Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad luck Glasgow 14:36 - Sep 22 with 2214 viewsElderGrizzly

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:10 - Sep 22 with 2112 viewsGeoffSentence

Talking of which, what has happened to GB?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:13 - Sep 22 with 2106 viewsHARRY10

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:10 - Sep 22 by GeoffSentence

Those of the right may well not feel that it is a good time to be spouting their guff
Bad luck Glasgow on 15:17 - Sep 22 with 2074 viewsSpruceMoose

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:10 - Sep 22 by GeoffSentence

I think he had a bereavement in the family. Assume he's focusing on that.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:18 - Sep 22 with 2088 viewsStokieBlue

GB is gone - I noticed a couple of days ago.

I have no idea why, I assume he asked for his account to be deleted.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:24 - Sep 22 with 2041 viewsDanTheMan

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:18 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

SB

EDIT: Should have thread all of the thread.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 15:25]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:25 - Sep 22 with 2039 viewsStokieBlue

It's all a bit of a mess.

At the time when the countries should all be working together there are completely different rules for each place.

Why does Boris think it's OK to have mixing whilst Sturgeon doesn't based on the same information? Why can't they talk and agree a singular approach?

SB

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:29 - Sep 22 with 2010 viewshomer_123

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:25 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

At the time when the countries should all be working together there are completely different rules for each place.

Why does Boris think it's OK to have mixing whilst Sturgeon doesn't based on the same information? Why can't they talk and agree a singular approach?

SB

It's Boris.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:42 - Sep 22 with 1949 viewsbrazil1982

SB

Devolved responsibility, and NS will choose to take her own decisions no matter what Westminster tells us, to either look different / better / divisive.
Login to get fewer ads

She said no mixing, unless..... on 15:43 - Sep 22 with 1949 viewsBloots

SB

.....you are single.

Or single with a child.

Or going to see your boyfriend or girlfriend.

Or using your relatives as child minders.

Or at work.

Or down the pub (before 10pm).

They are all as bad as each other frankly.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 15:43]

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

She said no mixing, unless..... on 15:46 - Sep 22 with 1925 viewsStokieBlue

She said no mixing, unless..... on 15:43 - Sep 22 by Bloots

.....you are single.

Or single with a child.

Or going to see your boyfriend or girlfriend.

Or using your relatives as child minders.

Or at work.

Or down the pub (before 10pm).

They are all as bad as each other frankly.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 15:43]

Fair enough, the caveats weren't obvious from the initial stuff I read.

SB

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:49 - Sep 22 with 1913 viewsSwansea_Blue

SB

Because there's no leadership forthcoming from Westminster, I suspect. Drayford said that Boris hasn't been in touch for months. So nothing happening between the various leaders. I don't think Boris has attended a Cobra meeting for months either. I know he doesn't have to, but during a Global pandemic you'd have thought he would have at least shown his face.

There's some collaboration, but I'm not sure how much. Westminster also gets involved in steering some action so the devolved regions are in some ways tied to Westminster's approach; I'm not sure how much leeway they have to do things differently. They hijacked Welsh PPI orders at the start of the crisis, for example. Westminster also limited the number of tests the testing stations could offer, overriding the wishes of th Welsh Government (that was to protect Serco testing labs).

The regional approaches aren't vastly different - we've often ended up mirroring changes in England about 2-3 weeks later, which may make sense as covid arrived in Wales a couple of weeks after England, or could be coincidental. Whether the similarities in approach are by design or accident or convenience, I'm not sure.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

They never are..... on 15:53 - Sep 22 with 1881 viewsBloots

She said no mixing, unless..... on 15:46 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

Fair enough, the caveats weren't obvious from the initial stuff I read.

SB

....that's the problem with bleedin politicians.

Frankly the word "politician" describes what they all do perfectly.

But it should have no bearing on what they are all actually paid to do.

We should leave the "politicians" to get on with the lying and bickering and get people in to actually run the country.....we could call them "Legally Appointed Representatives of the people"

Bunch of twangers.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:58 - Sep 22 with 1862 viewsRyorry

SB

He said he was taking a break from here as his father-in-law had died (the day before iirc).

The next day someone posted a rather unpleasant personal dig at him, which might have been the last straw. His account's certainly been deleted anyway, I've just looked.

Personally, I liked him and am sorry to see him go - politically we were miles apart, but I admired the way he always stood up for what he believed in no matter how much flak he got, and he was also very kind and supportive to individuals here. Plus the board is better for a wide range of views.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bad luck Glasgow on 16:00 - Sep 22 with 1843 viewsDanTheMan

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:58 - Sep 22 by Ryorry

He said he was taking a break from here as his father-in-law had died (the day before iirc).

The next day someone posted a rather unpleasant personal dig at him, which might have been the last straw. His account's certainly been deleted anyway, I've just looked.

Personally, I liked him and am sorry to see him go - politically we were miles apart, but I admired the way he always stood up for what he believed in no matter how much flak he got, and he was also very kind and supportive to individuals here. Plus the board is better for a wide range of views.

Just echoing this, and if you're reading Glassers, hope you're doing OK.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 16:00]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Bad luck Glasgow on 16:05 - Sep 22 with 1819 viewsBlueBadger

SB

That's a shame, Glassers is a pretty good egg.

People(and I mean the ones insisting on the constant personal digs) take this place WAY too seriously at times.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 16:32]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bad luck Glasgow on 16:05 - Sep 22 with 1806 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:58 - Sep 22 by Ryorry

He certainly seemed to a attract a lot of direct, personal challenges. Not sure if I could put up with that. But then I don't go looking for debates the way he did either.

Agree on your last paragraph. It's a shame he's gone; I hadn't realised until now. Thought he was just taking time out to deal with important personal stuff. He'll be missed, if not his campaign mode come election time :)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bad luck Glasgow on 16:21 - Sep 22 with 1765 viewsfactual_blue

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:13 - Sep 22 by HARRY10

Those of the right may well not feel that it is a good time to be spouting their guff

As though there is a good time to do so.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Bad luck Glasgow on 16:32 - Sep 22 with 1734 viewsBlueBadger

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:42 - Sep 22 by brazil1982

Devolved responsibility, and NS will choose to take her own decisions no matter what Westminster tells us, to either look different / better / divisive.

Or, you know, to actually do what's best for the people who's responsibility it is to safeguard.

Or what's known in common parlance as 'her f*cking job'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Bad luck Glasgow on 16:39 - Sep 22 with 1717 viewsBlueBadger

SB

Ultimately, because it suits all of them. Sturgeon wants to drive the 'them and us' line to push for a second independence referendum(and is also considerably more competent and actually interested in people's welfare than Johnson) and Boris is backed and continues to want to pander to the sort of pillocks who say things like 'LOL Jimmy Krankie' whenever sturgeon appears on the screen and also wants to look 'Chuchillian' and leading from the front.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 19:52]

Bad luck Glasgow on 16:54 - Sep 22 with 1667 viewsDarth_Koont

Bad luck Glasgow on 15:42 - Sep 22 by brazil1982

Don’t be silly. She’s essentially taking the same decisions just not in a random, inconsistent and difficult to follow way.

At times of crisis, a leader should be calm and organised. If that’s also doing her electoral and pro-independence chances no harm then that rather proves the point about the UK government and Westminster’s chocolate fireguard approach to doing their job.

Pronouns: He/Him

Bad luck Glasgow on 17:13 - Sep 22 with 1614 viewsBasuco

SB

Scotland and Wales are both pushing to get a united approach but Boris is very reluctant (unable?) to provide the leadership needed for this. Boris delayed lock down first time causing many unnecessary death's, he seems determined to do the same again.
Bad luck Glasgow on 18:57 - Sep 22 with 1486 viewsDarth_Koont

Bad luck Glasgow on 16:00 - Sep 22 by DanTheMan

Just echoing this, and if you're reading Glassers, hope you're doing OK.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 16:00]

Sorry, that was meant to be an upvote on an iPhone.

Hope GB and family are bearing up OK.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024