Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Missed quote or missed opportunity? 10:41 - Oct 22 with 640 viewsHeadWestBlue

In the EADT Andy Warren has quoted James Wilson as having said, “complacency may have crept in”.

I know that footballers are only human and I know from my own work-life experience how complacency can creep in to life.

I also appreciate the James Wilson may have been asked a questions which leads him to acknowledge a little bit of complacency.

Having said that, despite not having been out of the house too much lately, I for one was aware that the trip to Doncaster was going to present a bigger challenge than our previous matches this season.

Surely, the players were aware also?

Mr Lambert has remained loyal to his current starting eleven compared with his approach last season.

Mr Lambert has remained consistent to a formation unlike his approach last season.

Last season, it was stated that we had no given right to expect to win matches - let us hope that this is not something we have decided to change for this campaign?

I believe Mr Lambert may well remain consistent with his starting eleven and formation at Lincoln on Saturday. Personally, I would not have done.

It may only be Lincoln, but recently they have knocked us out of the FA Cup and given us a 5-3 beating.

Let’s hope that Tuesday nights experience and my little reminder of recent results helps to to keep complacency at bay.

Missed quote or missed opportunity? on 10:47 - Oct 22 with 593 viewsGhostOfBenters

Watching the game it didn't look like complacency to me. We started really well and the first two rather fortuitous Donny goals seemed to rock our confidence. Rather than being complacent we seemed to be full of fear.
Missed quote or missed opportunity? on 10:49 - Oct 22 with 584 viewsHullblue

If we were complacent, their first goal would have wiped that out. I don't think that's why we lost the game.

Complacency isn't an unattractive excuse sometimes because it implies that you're still better than the person/team you lost to.

Not suggesting JW was being dishonest there, I reckon it just felt like the right sort of thing to say at the time.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Missed quote or missed opportunity? on 10:49 - Oct 22 with 579 viewsFixed_It

I'm sure Mr Lambert will make a point of reading this out to the players at 2.45pm on Saturday.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Missed quote or missed opportunity? on 10:50 - Oct 22 with 577 viewshatch

Not sure on the team front but I think they have been known to be complacent in the past, Accrington felt like that last season. I like to think we've learnt from that and Tuesday was just a blip.

What I found more interesting was the Radio Suffolk commentary. I found myself getting drawn into this notion that we're unstoppable this season when we were 1-0 up. Brenner and Mathie were saying at 1-0 up:

"When we were winning at the start of last season we weren't great and looked vulnerable, possible quite fortunate. This season we look a far better team and we are dominating games. We are taking control of games."

3 minutes later they scored their first and it was all downhill from there. My point is that it is interesting that the radio commentators were possibly getting complacent and maybe a fair few fans too. It's a good reality check for all of us, not just the players and management
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 10:51]
Missed quote or missed opportunity? on 10:59 - Oct 22 with 544 viewsgordon

Look, if Lincoln have watched the goals (which they will have), and they have got any sense at all, they are going to press our centre-backs / w*nky goal kicks with everything they've got. Have been surprised that other teams haven't really done this much, until Doncaster. Anyway, if Nsiala starts, it could be entertaining, if you like that sort of thing....
Missed quote or missed opportunity? on 11:04 - Oct 22 with 517 viewspointofblue

Missed quote or missed opportunity? on 10:59 - Oct 22 by gordon

Look, if Lincoln have watched the goals (which they will have), and they have got any sense at all, they are going to press our centre-backs / w*nky goal kicks with everything they've got. Have been surprised that other teams haven't really done this much, until Doncaster. Anyway, if Nsiala starts, it could be entertaining, if you like that sort of thing....

Though against Accrington I seem to recall we played it long more - I even remember at one point thinking “we’ve stopped playing out from the back”.

As already said I think it was a lack of confidence or fear that seized us on Tuesday rather than complacency. We were fine until the second goal went in and then fell apart. The question is why is a team with a then record of five wins, one draw and no defeats playing with no confidence or fear?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024