Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My idea for a rule change 22:04 - Nov 12 with 2419 viewsGlasgowBlue

If a game goes to penalties then the penalty takers should not be limited to those 11 still on the pitch, but every player who played in he game.

Any support for this?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

My idea for a rule change on 22:14 - Nov 12 with 2183 viewsRonFearonsHair

Ever?
So we could bring Warky on?
My idea for a rule change on 22:15 - Nov 12 with 2180 viewsgainsboroughblue

My idea for a rule change on 22:14 - Nov 12 by RonFearonsHair

Ever?

And Coops in goal.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

My idea for a rule change on 22:23 - Nov 12 with 2156 viewsPinewoodblue

What I don't like under current rules if a team is down to ten,, men one players from the otherside don't take a penalty.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

My idea for a rule change on 22:27 - Nov 12 with 2123 viewsGlasgowBlue

My idea for a rule change on 22:14 - Nov 12 by RonFearonsHair

Ever?

If THE GAME goes to penalties then everyone who has played in THE GAME can take a penalty. Not just the 11 left in the pitch.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

My idea for a rule change on 22:33 - Nov 12 with 2103 viewsRonFearonsHair

My idea for a rule change on 22:27 - Nov 12 by GlasgowBlue

If THE GAME goes to penalties then everyone who has played in THE GAME can take a penalty. Not just the 11 left in the pitch.

It would be awfully confusing if everyone tried to take one.
I remember Henry and Pires messing one up and there were only two of them.
My idea for a rule change on 22:35 - Nov 12 with 2086 viewsgainsboroughblue

My idea for a rule change on 22:33 - Nov 12 by RonFearonsHair

It would be awfully confusing if everyone tried to take one.
I remember Henry and Pires messing one up and there were only two of them.

And Pukki. And there was only one of him.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

My idea for a rule change on 22:36 - Nov 12 with 2084 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My idea for a rule change on 22:27 - Nov 12 by GlasgowBlue

Unless you included unused subs, it would have the potential for one side to have more penalty takers than the other.

Come to think of it, that must have happened where a player has been sent off or a side has gone down to ten men due to injury with no substitutions left. What do the rules say in that instance? Does the side with more players get to choose someone not to take a penalty at the point that the players start having a second go?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

My idea for a rule change on 22:44 - Nov 12 with 2056 viewsclive_baker

My idea for a rule change on 22:36 - Nov 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Unless you included unused subs, it would have the potential for one side to have more penalty takers than the other.

Come to think of it, that must have happened where a player has been sent off or a side has gone down to ten men due to injury with no substitutions left. What do the rules say in that instance? Does the side with more players get to choose someone not to take a penalty at the point that the players start having a second go?

Yep, that is what happens.

I’ve always thought it should count as a miss for the team that have had someone sent off, in the unlikely event it gets around to the 11th men.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

My idea for a rule change on 22:58 - Nov 12 with 2022 viewsSuperblue95

Managers should be the 12th taker. Imagine watching Steve Evans try to run and kick a ball

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

My idea for a rule change on 10:22 - Nov 13 with 1837 viewsWickets

My idea for a rule change on 22:58 - Nov 12 by Superblue95

Managers should be the 12th taker. Imagine watching Steve Evans try to run and kick a ball

I would make them take the first Pen. If Gillingham where playing .
My idea for a rule change on 10:41 - Nov 13 with 1816 viewsmonty_radio

I think the whole penalty-taking rule needs looking at, especially the goalie. If the goalkeeper must have both feet firmly planted on the line then either, as with Scotland's save last night, most "saves" will prove to be illegal. Or, make it a slightly more even contest by introducing, say, a new one yard line and allow the goale to do what he likes as long as he doesn't encroach beyond that line.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

My idea for a rule change on 10:47 - Nov 13 with 1795 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

My idea for a rule change on 22:23 - Nov 12 by Pinewoodblue

What I don't like under current rules if a team is down to ten,, men one players from the otherside don't take a penalty.

If it goes that far - the team with 10 forfeit the 11th pen ! Definitely the Golden pen before they start again!🤣
My idea for a rule change on 11:23 - Nov 13 with 1752 viewsSwansea_Blue

My idea for a rule change on 22:58 - Nov 12 by Superblue95

And the team mascot, in full costume. And one of the kiddy mascots too. We could make it like an episode of It's a Knockout, but without the paedo host obviously.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

My idea for a rule change on 11:29 - Nov 13 with 1745 viewsKeno

They should randomly pick 5 fans for each team from the crowd to take the pens
[Post edited 13 Nov 2020 11:30]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

My idea for a rule change on 11:57 - Nov 13 with 1726 viewsWallingford_Boy

Player dribbles from the halfway line, has five seconds to get a shot away. Keeper starts on goal line, but can come out as far as he wants (within his box).

Do you pick faster players who could get pretty much to the goal in that time, or players who can "whack it" from the edge of the box?

Much more exciting to watch!

RIP Sir Bobby

My idea for a rule change on 12:50 - Nov 13 with 1701 viewsSuperCoops

My idea for a rule change on 11:57 - Nov 13 by Wallingford_Boy

Player dribbles from the halfway line, has five seconds to get a shot away. Keeper starts on goal line, but can come out as far as he wants (within his box).

Do you pick faster players who could get pretty much to the goal in that time, or players who can "whack it" from the edge of the box?

I'd prefer that format. Also removes the encroachment, keeper off his line, moving too early and the stuttering run up (a la Pogba etc).
My idea for a rule change on 12:55 - Nov 13 with 1687 viewsPlums

Like a hockey shuffle. Much more skill and judgment required than the lottery of a 12 yard kick.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

My idea for a rule change on 13:50 - Nov 13 with 1653 viewsgiant_stow

A series of one v one / goal v striker would be more fun. The striker starts from the centre circle and can score how they want - long shot, twist the goalie up, or whatever. 10 secs time limit.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

My idea for a rule change on 13:51 - Nov 13 with 1650 viewsgiant_stow

Oops sorry, i didn;t read yours before posting. I'm a dummy.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

My idea for a rule change on 13:52 - Nov 13 with 1648 viewsgiant_stow

My idea for a rule change on 12:50 - Nov 13 by SuperCoops

I'd prefer that format. Also removes the encroachment, keeper off his line, moving too early and the stuttering run up (a la Pogba etc).

Oops now I've yours.

What a fool

Edit: I'm gonna go and have a quiet think about what I've done

Edit 2: always read the thread fully before posting ullaa.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2020 13:53]

My idea for a rule change on 14:00 - Nov 13 with 1616 viewshoppy

The trouble is, our players would get confused and just turn and try to pass it backwards to our own keeper...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

My idea for a rule change on 14:02 - Nov 13 with 1615 viewsSouperJim

My idea for a rule change on 12:50 - Nov 13 by SuperCoops

We used to do "american penalties" in football training, great fun. My favourite is those penalties where the keeper then gives away a penalty.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

My idea for a rule change on 15:59 - Nov 13 with 1553 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Even better:

Just as the goalkeeper is allowed to be in goal for every penalty, so players should be able to take as many penalties as they like. Would bring in a new tactical dimension. Does the normal penalty taker take all five? Do they take consecutive penalties? Does the goalkeeper begin to get a read on a taker after a couple?

Or, comedy rules for League Cup penalty shootouts:

Players take a penalty against an opposition player who they then go in goal against.
Makes it much more of a gladiatorial battle, and gives the possibility of redemption to a player that misses. And who doesn't love seeing an outfield player stick on the goalie gloves?
My idea for a rule change on 17:08 - Nov 13 with 1525 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Over thinking it I think. If a professional footballer cannot score from 12 yards, then that is their problem.
My idea for a rule change on 07:28 - Nov 14 with 1386 viewsKeaneish

Why? What’s wrong with how it is at the moment? Slightly more tactical the way it is.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024