Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm beginning to care less and less 18:54 - Nov 21 with 2799 viewsCoastalblue

Not being able to go to games, an aimless drifting club, a poor manager, a squad of distinctly average at best players and all sorts of other stuff going on in the world and in my life.

I never thought I'd feel this way, but actually I'm just not that botherd any more.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I'm beginning to care less and less on 19:07 - Nov 21 with 2291 viewsbrogansnose

I hate to say this but, I'm in exactly the same place and it pains me that I think and feel this way what with it being such a big part of my life hitherto. I've got a season ticket but I'm not missing going to games and I hate this 'kin league. Currently, there's not even the compensation of ticking off away grounds not previously visited.

Appreciate that currently others don't get out and about so much and miss the social aspect.
I'm beginning to care less and less on 19:08 - Nov 21 with 2280 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I don’t think you are alone.

A drifting aimless club unfortunately.

Evans the biggest problem at this club.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 19:09]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

I'm beginning to care less and less on 19:16 - Nov 21 with 2238 viewsmarchy

I was going to post almost exactly this. Looking on here pre-match I realised I’d barely even kept up this week with what was going on, and the usual complete lack of improvement even after a break and inevitable further injuries just feel grimly familiar now. Just shook my head when we grubbed the win.

Thanks ME and thanks PL. You’ve pushed me almost to the point of reacting the same way win or lose.
I'm beginning to care less and less on 19:20 - Nov 21 with 2223 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree. I now expect failure so automatically that when we get a result like today I think it's just delaying the inevitable. There is something rotten to the core about this club at the moment.

I assumed the match was over earlier when my phoned beeped for 2-1. I just thought oh that's good and carried on doing what I was doing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'm beginning to care less and less on 19:21 - Nov 21 with 2211 viewshomer_123

I'm beginning to care less and less on 19:20 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

Agree. I now expect failure so automatically that when we get a result like today I think it's just delaying the inevitable. There is something rotten to the core about this club at the moment.

I assumed the match was over earlier when my phoned beeped for 2-1. I just thought oh that's good and carried on doing what I was doing.

Cheer up! ;)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I'm beginning to care less and less on 19:23 - Nov 21 with 2204 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Was saying to my mate today as we watched that getting people to return post covid may be problematic.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I'm beginning to care less and less on 19:54 - Nov 21 with 2106 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm beginning to care less and less on 19:21 - Nov 21 by homer_123

Cheer up! ;)

I knew I was setting myself up for that

Truly impaired.

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:10 - Nov 21 with 2048 viewstextbackup

With ya on this.

I've been slowly giving up over a long period, season after the playoffs I felt it begin, we hadn't tried to move on, tried to develop or try anything new.

then the MM fallout, small bounce when Hurst came that lasted a few mins, then going down without even remotely fighting. ive wanted/need a break from going, but unless forced I was never going to be able to stop myself. Peterborough at home destroyed anything I had in the bank for the team/management, just fck them all.

I don't who we are playing, how we've played, the last min winner done fck all for me today. I hear the names sears and judge and they sum up the waste of time the club is these days.

utterly empty of caring what goes on now

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:11 - Nov 21 with 2040 viewstextbackup

I'm beginning to care less and less on 19:20 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

"There is something rotten to the core about this club at the moment."

at the moment? I think hes been here rotting away at it for 12/15 years bud

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:13 - Nov 21 with 2021 viewsChurchman

I'm beginning to care less and less on 19:54 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

I knew I was setting myself up for that

But I agree with you. There was a time when I’d have gone bananas over a last minute winner. Today? In the context of how the club is and where, to me, it appears to be going, it feels meaningless.
I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:14 - Nov 21 with 2012 viewsSwailsey

You’re not alone. I miss it. I miss the feeling of excitement. For me it is entirely about PL. I hate having him as the manager of my club.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:15 - Nov 21 with 2016 viewsitfcjoe

Sounds silly, and has happened a few times but today was another game where felt genuinely sad watching it.

You hear Lambert after the game and I just dislike the fact that he is the representative and public face of our club. The successor to Ramsey, Robson and Burley - the position of manager of this club should be treated with more respect.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:17 - Nov 21 with 1982 viewsSwailsey

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:15 - Nov 21 by itfcjoe

Sounds silly, and has happened a few times but today was another game where felt genuinely sad watching it.

You hear Lambert after the game and I just dislike the fact that he is the representative and public face of our club. The successor to Ramsey, Robson and Burley - the position of manager of this club should be treated with more respect.

Your second paragraph sums my feelings up exactly.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:18 - Nov 21 with 1980 viewsbrogansnose

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:10 - Nov 21 by textbackup

With ya on this.

I've been slowly giving up over a long period, season after the playoffs I felt it begin, we hadn't tried to move on, tried to develop or try anything new.

then the MM fallout, small bounce when Hurst came that lasted a few mins, then going down without even remotely fighting. ive wanted/need a break from going, but unless forced I was never going to be able to stop myself. Peterborough at home destroyed anything I had in the bank for the team/management, just fck them all.

I don't who we are playing, how we've played, the last min winner done fck all for me today. I hear the names sears and judge and they sum up the waste of time the club is these days.

Peterboro' at home was when the roof fell in for me. I'd been fighting it off for some time prior to that but, that game did it then Fleetwood at home the game after compounded it.
I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:20 - Nov 21 with 1971 viewstextbackup

Lambert is the sort of bloke who would be a manager at work and you'd hear him talk, and you'd think "what planet does that cnt live on"

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:21 - Nov 21 with 1961 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:11 - Nov 21 by textbackup

"There is something rotten to the core about this club at the moment."

at the moment? I think hes been here rotting away at it for 12/15 years bud

It's everything. Evans, the lack of funds, the managers, the injuries, the players, the transfer windows, the set up, the complete lack of will to compete, the apathy, the bullsh1t year after year, the few words we get each summer from Evans and a few senior players to appease us, the fact that a multi-millionaire's investment gamble is the reason it's like this and he refuses to talk away and so much more.

It's the slow systematic decline gradually lowering the bar season after season.

Truly impaired.

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:24 - Nov 21 with 1930 viewsvapour_trail

Burley was great and all that, but he’s not in the company of Ramsey & Robson.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:24 - Nov 21 with 1926 viewsChurchman

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:14 - Nov 21 by Swailsey

You’re not alone. I miss it. I miss the feeling of excitement. For me it is entirely about PL. I hate having him as the manager of my club.

It’s more than PL. it’s about Evans and the club itself. Until he appeared, it felt like ‘my’ club. It had an identity, a feel to it. Since our saviour rocked in, that’s gone. So sad.
I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:26 - Nov 21 with 1907 viewsvapour_trail

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:10 - Nov 21 by textbackup

With ya on this.

If the likes of you are giving up, then the club has an existential problem. You’ve always been one of the absolute hardcore, from a twtd perspective anyway.

I shifted to supporting a non league club well down the ladder in 2013. I still want Ipswich to win every week but I haven’t seen us play for years. If my lot somehow made it to the first round of the cup, I’d be supporting them against Ipswich.

And they’d win.

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:29 - Nov 21 with 1890 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:20 - Nov 21 by textbackup

Lambert is the sort of bloke who would be a manager at work and you'd hear him talk, and you'd think "what planet does that cnt live on"

That's the world our players live in.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:36 - Nov 21 with 1863 viewslongtimefan

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:29 - Nov 21 by SpruceMoose

That's the world our players live in.

To be honest I think you, and every other contributor to this thread, are demonstrating that you really do care in reality.

Edit: Meant to be reply to general thread not Spuce.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 20:37]
I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:45 - Nov 21 with 1825 views3_5_2

I feel the same

I missed it a lot at the beginning (mainly the social aspect) but having now found other things to do (playing golf again and waiting for the green light on that) my trips to PR will not be my main prioirty any more.

My daughter says she misses it (sees her friends and usually gets lunch beforehand etc) but even she stops asking how we did

Unless the team are smashing it at the top end of L1 when fans are eventually allowed back, I think crowds will be down

Which ever way you look it, the club is on a downward spiral and with salary cap next season, unless we are in the Championship, I fear the worst

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:49 - Nov 21 with 1806 viewstextbackup

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:26 - Nov 21 by vapour_trail

If the likes of you are giving up, then the club has an existential problem. You’ve always been one of the absolute hardcore, from a twtd perspective anyway.

I shifted to supporting a non league club well down the ladder in 2013. I still want Ipswich to win every week but I haven’t seen us play for years. If my lot somehow made it to the first round of the cup, I’d be supporting them against Ipswich.

And they’d win.

for me its that there literally is no light at the end of the tunnel. that's what I find the hardest to accept, watching nothing after nothing get achieved - its just painful

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:50 - Nov 21 with 1801 viewsronnyd

To me, the rot started with the McCarthy appointment, playing stylewise. The Hurst appointment should have been accompanied by an experienced DOF. That would have reigned in his cavalier decimation of the squad. The over riding problem of Evan,s failure to appoint anyone up to the job has also been a huge part of our decline. For a man who shouted himself hoarse at Wembley in 78, what, we are now is a travesty. But, i suppose that fans of other clubs that have declined feel exactly the same way.
I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:50 - Nov 21 with 1795 viewsvapour_trail

I'm beginning to care less and less on 20:49 - Nov 21 by textbackup

for me its that there literally is no light at the end of the tunnel. that's what I find the hardest to accept, watching nothing after nothing get achieved - its just painful

Yeah right. Completely get that. I still think we are going to get worse from here as well. Don’t believe we’ve hit the bottom yet.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024