Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eric Cantona penalty theory 21:34 - Nov 22 with 1051 viewsstiff_talking

During my playing career I often thought about how I could score more goals.
I recall Eric Cantona grabbed my attention when he stroked two perfect penalty kicks in separate corners at Wemberly sending the keeper the wrong way.

After practicing this I found out this was a relatively simple process but required three key skills.

1/ two good feet or the ability to shoot with both comfortably
2/ confidence to try it and never fear the miss
3/ the ability to make a last minute change should the keeper not move.

The hardest part of the 3 skills is #3 as I found that if the keeper didn’t move and the guidance of where to the put the ball was lost that the penalty taker would always kick the ball with the most comfortable foot. (Call this the comfortable contingency plan)
At the time Eric process I believe was revolutionary.

Now most modern strikers deploy this technique with most kicks (some players use it but have a studder run up to try and make the keeper move).

Reflecting on Thomas Holy early drive yesterday and Shrewsbury player scored with a poor and far
From confident penalty. Thomas Holy needs to understand the mind of the attacker. If he stands his ground or drives late to players favorite corner I believe he will save more penalties than making a early decision to drive in the hope he guessed right !

The keepers early movement on penalties is key to the final outcome !

Eric Cantona penalty theory on 21:40 - Nov 22 with 1005 viewsWD19

Not giving away stupid penalties in the first place is more key to the final outcome.
Eric Cantona penalty theory on 23:26 - Nov 22 with 875 viewsWacko

Interesting. But also bizarre that you spelt 'dive' 'drive' three times. Were you driving at the time?

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Eric Cantona penalty theory on 00:31 - Nov 23 with 844 viewsronnyd

Eric Cantona penalty theory on 23:26 - Nov 22 by Wacko

Interesting. But also bizarre that you spelt 'dive' 'drive' three times. Were you driving at the time?

Don't know what he's car..ping on about. Sorry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024