Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? 20:01 - Nov 25 with 2282 viewsKeno

was just discussing it with my daughters new boyfriend who couldn't believe it

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 20:09 - Nov 25 with 2225 viewsbluelagos

Superfan status is hard earned Keno.

I went to a Cam Utd away league cup game as a 16 year old knowing I couldnt get a train home and hoping to hitch a lift after the game.

Did too :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 20:12 - Nov 25 with 2212 viewsKeno

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 20:09 - Nov 25 by bluelagos

Superfan status is hard earned Keno.

I went to a Cam Utd away league cup game as a 16 year old knowing I couldnt get a train home and hoping to hitch a lift after the game.

Did too :-)

Being in Rome that night would probably entitle you to a lot more than Superfan status!!

I wasn't there I hasten to add

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 20:14 - Nov 25 with 2209 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I was there. A much younger version mind. Only have sketchy memories of the game, but obviously fondly remembered for Trevs 4 goals by Ipswich and Roma fans.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 20:15 - Nov 25 with 2203 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 20:14 - Nov 25 by StochesStotasBlewe

I was there. A much younger version mind. Only have sketchy memories of the game, but obviously fondly remembered for Trevs 4 goals by Ipswich and Roma fans.

The home game though, not the away one

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 20:20 - Nov 25 with 2183 viewsKeno

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 20:15 - Nov 25 by StochesStotasBlewe

The home game though, not the away one

I found this report

https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.com/the-match/the-match-lazio-4-2-ipswich-197

It doesnt mention David Johnson's 'injury'

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 20:42 - Nov 25 with 2115 viewsTrequartista

Ironically, it wasn't friendly.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 21:00 - Nov 25 with 2071 viewsPJH

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 20:20 - Nov 25 by Keno

I found this report

https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.com/the-match/the-match-lazio-4-2-ipswich-197

It doesnt mention David Johnson's 'injury'

David Johnson got a boll**k removed in the home game.
Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 21:03 - Nov 25 with 2048 viewsKeno

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 21:00 - Nov 25 by PJH

I sit crossed legged and corrected

I though that was in the away game

Do you remember either match?

Login to get fewer ads

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 21:08 - Nov 25 with 2038 viewsPJH

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 21:03 - Nov 25 by Keno

Certainly the home one-I did not go to Rome.

As already mentioned in this thread Trevor Whymark scored all four-he scored four in a game three times for us,this game,WBA 7-0 and Landskrona 5-0.

I did go to Landskrona, I think only about 180 of us went there.
Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 21:15 - Nov 25 with 2003 viewsFtnfwest

I was 7 and growing up in cambridge in a Spurs supporting family so no one was going to take me. First European game was feyenoord 2 years later (away game - thanks unc)
Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 21:28 - Nov 25 with 1969 viewslongtimefan

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 21:03 - Nov 25 by Keno

I remember being at the home match and remember the written reports of the madness at the away leg. Midweek Evening European matches during the 70s had amazing atmospheres and are very special memories. The match against Real Madrid in the previous round was the first evening match I was allowed to go to.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 21:32]
Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 21:41 - Nov 25 with 1946 viewsPJH

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 21:28 - Nov 25 by longtimefan

I remember being at the home match and remember the written reports of the madness at the away leg. Midweek Evening European matches during the 70s had amazing atmospheres and are very special memories. The match against Real Madrid in the previous round was the first evening match I was allowed to go to.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 21:32]

Yes those European home games back then really were special.

(I think my first evening match must have been the opening of the floodlights game against Arsenal on 16th February 1960)
Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 22:09 - Nov 25 with 1876 viewslongtimefan

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 21:41 - Nov 25 by PJH

Yes those European home games back then really were special.

(I think my first evening match must have been the opening of the floodlights game against Arsenal on 16th February 1960)

I’d just started Secondary School for the Real match - my parents wouldn’t let me go on a school night while I was at Primary School.
Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 22:15 - Nov 25 with 1847 viewseddiespearitt03

Not the Roma game ...Ist Round v Real Madrid.....Two supporters spent 4 days hitchhiking all the way to Real Madrid. Ski Rosanski and Hap Taplin.
Hap was well know around the town, a great singer & a gentleman.

The following 2nd round 2nd leg game away to Roma has an advert in the programme of the home tie. (7/11/1973)

A 2 day return jet trip to ROMA costing £37 including twin room with breakfast, all coach transfers, courier and insurance.

Match tickets and optional sight seeing tour was extra.
Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 22:18 - Nov 25 with 1834 viewsChris_Knights

I didn’t go to Lazio but I did go to the quarter final that year as a 7 year old with my dad .

Kevin Beattie scored in the first leg and I’ll never forget the noise it was incredibly. I think George Burley made his Euro debut as a 17 year old that night too ... great days . What a team , what a manager and also what a board !! Patrick and John just backed Robson.

What would they all think know hey ??
Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 22:40 - Nov 25 with 1791 viewsIP12

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 21:00 - Nov 25 by PJH

Wasn't that the time that Mr John asked 'Jonty' how the injury was and got the offer of a 'site inspection' for The Chairman.....
Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 07:55 - Nov 26 with 1664 viewsPJH

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 22:40 - Nov 25 by IP12

Wasn't that the time that Mr John asked 'Jonty' how the injury was and got the offer of a 'site inspection' for The Chairman.....

Yes, in the Boardroom apparently.
Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 07:59 - Nov 26 with 1660 viewsPJH

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 22:09 - Nov 25 by longtimefan

I’d just started Secondary School for the Real match - my parents wouldn’t let me go on a school night while I was at Primary School.

I went with my dad to the opening of the floodlights game, I was 9 at the time.

My dad and mum (and sister when she was old enough) all went to the footie so it was a while before I actually went 'alone' to games-I must have been 37 I think (joking).
Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 10:11 - Nov 26 with 1574 viewsBluespeed225

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 22:15 - Nov 25 by eddiespearitt03

Not the Roma game ...Ist Round v Real Madrid.....Two supporters spent 4 days hitchhiking all the way to Real Madrid. Ski Rosanski and Hap Taplin.
Hap was well know around the town, a great singer & a gentleman.

The following 2nd round 2nd leg game away to Roma has an advert in the programme of the home tie. (7/11/1973)

A 2 day return jet trip to ROMA costing £37 including twin room with breakfast, all coach transfers, courier and insurance.

Match tickets and optional sight seeing tour was extra.

An old workmate played trombonbe in Haps band! last time i saw Trummy he was playing it outside the back of the west stand the Friday night we beat norwich 2-0, Tarrico scored!
Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 10:12 - Nov 26 with 1573 viewsBluespeed225

The away leg is on YT. Alan Hunter 'hand of God' on the line set the tone, us getting a really soft penalty really lit the fuse!
Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 10:22 - Nov 26 with 1562 viewssotd78

Saw the home game. Also went to Salonika the year we won the Yoofacup. We had an armed guard in the hotel; someone persuaded him to let us pass round the pistol he wore. I think he was on traffic duty the next day!!!!

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Any of you lot of the Lazio Ipswich game in 1973? on 10:32 - Nov 26 with 1536 viewsColin_Viljoen

Bob Williams landlord of the Sporting Farmer went to the Lazio away game, he was a blond guy & had to cover his head with his coat to stop being identified, as after the game the Latzio supporters were on the hunt for town fans, he said he had never been so in fear of his life!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024