Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang 22:26 - Dec 8 with 1077 viewsghostofescobar

Was a real game from the 90’s. We watched a couple of clips on YouTube and I obviously pretended I knew the rules, pretend chuckling when a “good” answer was given. He kept asking me what was going on, so I repeated that it would “click” soon and he’d understand, and that I didn’t want to spoil the sense of achievement by getting it himself. He’s nearly exploded trying to understand it! I suggested that he ask his teacher at school tomorrow, as she’ll be able to explain it to him, which is either going to be very funny or get me in trouble with the school. I did profess that I wouldn’t be able to fully explain Wangernum, as that is quite complicated.

GhostOfEscobar

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 22:28 - Dec 8 with 1059 viewsgainsboroughblue

You mean there's no Numberwang board game?

I was hoping to find that in my Christmas Stocking.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 22:38 - Dec 8 with 1034 viewsghostofescobar

UPDATE: he’s just come into the room, having watched some more YouTube clips, asking whether it has something to do with the patterns in the numbers. Of course, I said no, go away and study it harder!! This could run and run.

GhostOfEscobar

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 22:38 - Dec 8 with 1029 viewsfactual_blue

This is the sort of behaviour that begins as a joke, but leads to mental trauma in children.

It'll all end in a shopping centre with a semi-automatic rifle.

It did in my case anyway.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 22:40 - Dec 8 with 1018 viewsGuthrum

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 22:38 - Dec 8 by ghostofescobar

UPDATE: he’s just come into the room, having watched some more YouTube clips, asking whether it has something to do with the patterns in the numbers. Of course, I said no, go away and study it harder!! This could run and run.

For dessert, you can start him on Mornington Crescent.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 22:44 - Dec 8 with 1010 viewsfactual_blue

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 22:38 - Dec 8 by ghostofescobar

At a suitable point, give him this as the equation that generates the answers....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 22:45 - Dec 8 with 1000 viewsKeno

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 22:44 - Dec 8 by factual_blue

At a suitable point, give him this as the equation that generates the answers....

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 22:46 - Dec 8 with 996 viewsgainsboroughblue

You could also get him to watch clips of 'Look Around You'.

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 22:58 - Dec 8 with 984 viewsDubtractor

As a nod to Numberwang, I named our (superfast) wifi router 'Turbowang'. It made me smile at the time, still does to be fair, but I realised that any time any of our neighbours try to link a device to wifi they will see Turbowang in the list of routers to connect to.

I suspect they all very quickly worked out it is our house.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 12:35 - Dec 9 with 788 viewsmonytowbray

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 22:58 - Dec 8 by Dubtractor

As a nod to Numberwang, I named our (superfast) wifi router 'Turbowang'. It made me smile at the time, still does to be fair, but I realised that any time any of our neighbours try to link a device to wifi they will see Turbowang in the list of routers to connect to.

I suspect they all very quickly worked out it is our house.

Our wifi was “BORIS JOHNSON IS A C*NT” for a while. I expect the neighbours are well aware it’s the crusty couple who continually listen to awful music and stink of ‘erbs.

I’m here for a Numberwang Son prank update.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 13:38 - Dec 9 with 751 viewsuefacup81

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 22:46 - Dec 8 by gainsboroughblue

You could also get him to watch clips of 'Look Around You'.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Can't believe I've never heard of it before.

Thanks Gainsborough.

Thainsborough.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 13:50 - Dec 9 with 736 viewsgainsboroughblue

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 13:38 - Dec 9 by uefacup81

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Can't believe I've never heard of it before.

Thanks Gainsborough.

Thainsborough.

In terms of BBC programming in the last decade or so, it is criminally underwatched and underappreciated.

Nobody I have ever mentioned it to, had ever heard of it. But subsequently, everybody since has quoted it back to me.

Write that down.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 13:50]

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 15:17 - Dec 9 with 696 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Well that was a fun 10 minutes. Just convinced my young son that Numberwang on 22:44 - Dec 8 by factual_blue

Were those the calculations for when you were erecting Stonehenge?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024