Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
talkRadio removed from YouTube 16:06 - Jan 5 with 3093 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55544205

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:08 - Jan 5 with 1587 viewsElderGrizzly

I don't really see the issue.

YouTube can accept whoever they want onto their platform. Same as Twitter etc.

You are effectively invited into 'their house' and if you continue to spout conspiracies or lies you can be asked to leave.
talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:11 - Jan 5 with 1575 viewsDanTheMan

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:08 - Jan 5 by ElderGrizzly

You are effectively invited into 'their house' and if you continue to spout conspiracies or lies you can be asked to leave.

A point I've seen raised, and not one I really agree with, is that YouTube are so big they can basically decide what gets seen and what doesn't.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:11 - Jan 5 with 1571 viewshomer_123

Not an issue for me either - just interesting to find out why.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:14 - Jan 5 with 1562 viewstractorboy1978

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:11 - Jan 5 by DanTheMan

A point I've seen raised, and not one I really agree with, is that YouTube are so big they can basically decide what gets seen and what doesn't.

Absolutely that, it's censorship. I can understand not wanting factually incorrect information on their platform but that is some rabbit hole to start going down.
talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:15 - Jan 5 with 1555 viewsElderGrizzly

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:11 - Jan 5 by DanTheMan

talkRadio are welcome to set up their own website which they could have set up in 5 minutes.

It isn't really a restriction on their freedom of speech.
talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:17 - Jan 5 with 1533 viewsElderGrizzly

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:14 - Jan 5 by tractorboy1978

Absolutely that, it's censorship. I can understand not wanting factually incorrect information on their platform but that is some rabbit hole to start going down.

Is it censorship? They are simply saying we won't host your bullsh!t?

Plenty of other places to get their inaccurate messages out.
talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:26 - Jan 5 with 1471 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Agree, they are a private company. they can do as they please. However they should therefore be regarded in law as a publisher and judged as such. At the moment they're not.

This decision is all about big tech censorship of a platform they don't like. Very communist.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 16:28]

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:28 - Jan 5 with 1477 viewstractorboy1978

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:17 - Jan 5 by ElderGrizzly

It's an attempt to censor - of course it is. Just about every radio station in the world will have a YouTube channel. Not having one limits your exposure to people hugely. That they can use other formats is neither here nor there.

I don't want falsehoods on there but the issue becomes who determines what is false? And you can be sure YouTube is riddled with 'inaccurate information' that will be left there.
Login to get fewer ads

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:28 - Jan 5 with 1472 viewsDanTheMan

The counter point being it is a private service which is free to use. Hosting videos is incredibly expensive.

There should be no assumption that you are free to use it however you wish.

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:33 - Jan 5 with 1431 viewsThe_Last_Baron

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:28 - Jan 5 by DanTheMan

The counter point being it is a private service which is free to use. Hosting videos is incredibly expensive.

There should be no assumption that you are free to use it however you wish.

YouTube is pretty much a monopoly in this country now and should be treated in law as such. This is censorship, none of it's terms and conditions have been broken.

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:36 - Jan 5 with 1410 viewsThe_Last_Baron

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:28 - Jan 5 by tractorboy1978

It's an attempt to censor - of course it is. Just about every radio station in the world will have a YouTube channel. Not having one limits your exposure to people hugely. That they can use other formats is neither here nor there.

I don't want falsehoods on there but the issue becomes who determines what is false? And you can be sure YouTube is riddled with 'inaccurate information' that will be left there.

What is a falsehood? It appears the people who make these decisions didn't like criticism of lockdowns. That's opinion, freedom of speech.

If people want to restrict this they're going down a dangerous road which doesn't end well.

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:40 - Jan 5 with 1403 viewsSpruceMoose

Shocked Pikachu faces all round on the right when they're laughed at for being outraged when a private company chooses to act in accordance to its own values/T&Cs, while simultaneously complaining that a company can't just discriminate according to its own values/T&Cs and refuse to provide a service to gay/Black/poor/insert demographic of your choosing here.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 16:45]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:50 - Jan 5 with 1344 viewsIpswichKnight

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:17 - Jan 5 by ElderGrizzly

I’ve always felt best way to deal with the inaccuracies they and there Ilk spout is to leave it up so we can see how stupid and idiotic they are, by censoring it and banning the channel it now gives them grievances to say we were right and they don’t want you to hear the truth.
talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:52 - Jan 5 with 1339 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s not censorship at all.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:59 - Jan 5 with 1319 viewsClapham_Junction

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:50 - Jan 5 by IpswichKnight

I’ve always felt best way to deal with the inaccuracies they and there Ilk spout is to leave it up so we can see how stupid and idiotic they are, by censoring it and banning the channel it now gives them grievances to say we were right and they don’t want you to hear the truth.

If the past ten years has taught us anything, it's that the first part of your sentence clearly doesn't work.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 16:59]
talkRadio removed from YouTube on 17:00 - Jan 5 with 1314 viewsMonkeyAlan

That's censorship. Shouldn't be allowed. Not a fan of the station, but to take it off the platform is plainly wrong.
talkRadio removed from YouTube on 17:05 - Jan 5 with 1290 viewsSpruceMoose

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 17:00 - Jan 5 by MonkeyAlan

That's censorship. Shouldn't be allowed. Not a fan of the station, but to take it off the platform is plainly wrong.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 17:13 - Jan 5 with 1258 viewsDanTheMan

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:33 - Jan 5 by The_Last_Baron

YouTube is pretty much a monopoly in this country now and should be treated in law as such. This is censorship, none of it's terms and conditions have been broken.

If it's a monopoly, it needs splitting up, but that's another topic altogether.

But again it is a private service which terms and conditions (which potentially have been broken given they've had strikes before).

Even if it wasn't, it's their platform and if they want to ban someone they can. They don't even need to justify it.

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 17:14 - Jan 5 with 1254 viewsDanTheMan

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:50 - Jan 5 by IpswichKnight

Whilst a nice idea in theory, that unfortunately doesn't work.

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 17:14 - Jan 5 with 1252 viewsElderGrizzly

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 17:13 - Jan 5 by DanTheMan

If it's a monopoly, it needs splitting up, but that's another topic altogether.

But again it is a private service which terms and conditions (which potentially have been broken given they've had strikes before).

Even if it wasn't, it's their platform and if they want to ban someone they can. They don't even need to justify it.

As Trump is about to find out after Jan 20th on Twitter
talkRadio removed from YouTube on 17:21 - Jan 5 with 1234 viewsfactual_blue

False information about Covid is something more than 'factually incorrect'; it's potentially life-threatening.

YouTube have their guidelines, and if you break them you get banned. Should they allow David Icke back?
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 17:32]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 17:33 - Jan 5 with 1194 viewsfactual_blue

Censorship - if the word is to have any meaning - is something carried out by a state, not a company.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 17:40 - Jan 5 with 1163 viewssyntaxerror

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:26 - Jan 5 by The_Last_Baron

Agree, they are a private company. they can do as they please. However they should therefore be regarded in law as a publisher and judged as such. At the moment they're not.

This decision is all about big tech censorship of a platform they don't like. Very communist.

Why is it communist?

Care to explain how censoring a platform that promotes false information and conspiracy theories which could be damaging to the public fits into the following:

Communism is a philosophical, social, political and economic ideology and movement whose ultimate goal is the establishment of a communist society, namely a socioeconomic order structured upon the ideas of common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money and the state.

Unless, of course, you are simply using the far right's current trend to label anything they don't agree with, be it BLM or taking the knee as communist or Marxist?
talkRadio removed from YouTube on 17:42 - Jan 5 with 1160 viewsSpruceMoose

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 17:33 - Jan 5 by factual_blue

Censorship - if the word is to have any meaning - is something carried out by a state, not a company.

In this case it means: To blub about the actions of a private entity because they don't further the goals of the people I support.

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 17:45 - Jan 5 with 1142 viewsDanTheMan

talkRadio removed from YouTube on 16:26 - Jan 5 by The_Last_Baron

Private company removes something from their platform they don't like.

"Very communist"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024